• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

I'm surprise you guys are not commenting on the Mou interview. I have never seen him so relaxed giving an interview after defeat. Perhaps he doesn't give a shit and the sack is coming?

Portugeezer

I'm surprise you guys are not commenting on the Mou interview. I have never seen him so relaxed giving an interview after defeat. Perhaps he doesn't give a shit and the sack is coming?

He has pretty much accepted that the fight for the league is over already. Probably will focus on Champions League.

Sacking after 5 games would be pointless, Chelsea aren't going to work miracles now with/without Mourinho (although a comeback would make the league interesting, if anyone is capable it is a Mourinho Chelsea... if they get back on track quick enough).

raven777

He is obviously under enormous pressure..he just try not to show it during the press conference interviews. But he just signed a new contract so if they sack him he will get a lot of money.

norinrad

As much as I want Rooney to recover, I secretly wish he would stay injured a bit longer, this team is better and more fluid without him. Rooney has become a problem for United.

Him coming back would kill Herrera's chances, he was massive yesterday though credit to Bastian for being such a beast, controlled the entire game and with passion. Goes to show he did not come for the money but out of respect for his mentor the great LvG. I like the foundation being played here. United are going to be terrifying starting from next season. A young team with so much potential.

As much as I want Rooney to recover, I secretly wish he would stay injured a bit longer, this team is better and more fluid without him. Rooney has become a problem for United.

Him coming back would kill Herrera's chances, he was massive yesterday though credit to Bastian for being such a beast, controlled the entire game and with passion. Goes to show he did not come for the money but out of respect for his mentor the great LvG. I like the foundation being played here. United are going to be terrifying starting from next season. A young team with so much potential.

I genuinely feel Rooney does the same for the national side. We end up going through him for everything, and lose a lot of pace, which nullifies any potential counter-attacking tactics.

Young-ish team, but who's going to replace Schweinsteiger?

norinrad

I genuinely feel Rooney does the same for the national side. We end up going through him for everything, and lose a lot of pace, which nullifies any potential counter-attacking tactics.

Young-ish team, but who's going to replace Schweinsteiger?

He's there to teach the young guys, he was obviously not brought in for a long term solution.

spidye

I don't think Schweinsteiger went exclusevily because of LvG. he always wanted to play in premier league.
he said it every summer but the time was never right.

it was probably the last oppurtinity for him to go to england. his former manager at united (someone who knows of schweinsteiger's strengths and weaknesses) and his last years in professional football.
it was now or never for him.

Cappa

Banned
Calm down Man U fans, that goal was against Liverpool's defense.
I am not a United far from it lol my avatar may have given that away but I guess not :)

Anyways I've been following martial for quite a few years(football manager thank you) and I have seen him play many of times. There were many people who laughed at the fee(United fans included) but since day one he was bought I called it. Granted yes it's one game but that move Anthony martial pulled is an Anthony martial move. That's what he brings to the table he reminds me so much of Henry and he hasn't even hit his 20s yet. Henry took some time to develop... Martial plays like a stud already and has so much more room to grow. The kid is lights out can play with either foot can play anywhere on the pitch. He is my dream real Madrid signing I was crushed when he went to United the kid is good trust me. Hopefully injuries don't derail his career

I am not a United far from it lol my avatar may have given that away but I guess not :)

Anyways I've been following martial for quite a few years(football manager thank you) and I have seen him play many of times. There were many people who laughed at the fee(United fans included) but since day one he was bought I called it. Granted yes it's one game but that move Anthony martial pulled is an Anthony martial move. That's what he brings to the table he reminds me so much of Henry and he hasn't even hit his 20s yet. Henry took some time to develop... Martial plays like a stud already and has so much more room to grow. The kid is lights out can play with either foot can play anywhere on the pitch. He is my dream real Madrid signing I was crushed when he went to United the kid is good trust me. Hopefully injuries don't derail his career

lol I didn't pay attention to your avatar. my comment wasn't really directed at you so sorry if you felt that way. I was just pointing out that he did this against Liverpool defense so to me that isn't convincing. Everyone seems to be running riot at our defense. West Ham, Bournemouth even though they lost because of an offside goal, United in the 2nd half, Arsenal in the 2nd half which is a game they should have won, so yeah sorry if I'm not convinced with this kid. A lot of teams and players look world class against us because of Rodgers.

Like I've said before I don't usually campaign to throw managers out but this guy already had 4 years and every year is an excuse for him. I still can't believe there are people out there supporting him.

original.jpg

TeddyBoy

I didn't watch the match yesterday, but the atmosphere on RAWK has gone toxic already.

Nearly everyone wants Rodgers out, it's totally unrealistic to think he'll be sacked so early into the season. The very earliest he'll go is Christmas but I think he'll last to the end of the season personally, you don't give someone as much backing as we have and then give up on him after five game (which is record is 2W-1D-2lL as well).

longdi

Banned
lol I didn't pay attention to your avatar. my comment wasn't really directed at you so sorry if you felt that way. I was just pointing out that he did this against Liverpool defense so to me that isn't convincing. Everyone seems to be running riot at our defense. West Ham, Bournemouth even though they lost because of an offside goal, United in the 2nd half, Arsenal in the 2nd half which is a game they should have won, so yeah sorry if I'm not convinced with this kid. A lot of teams and players look world class against us because of Rodgers.

Like I've said before I don't usually campaign to throw managers out but this guy already had 4 years and every year is an excuse for him. I still can't believe there are people out there supporting him.

I guess the girl on the left is the seduced one, while the one on the right is BR wife?

Didn't BR do quite well and almost winning LFC the title 2 season ago? That run seems to gave him extended time, he also did quite well at Swansea no?. Who else can LFC hire in place of this guy? LFC atm is an outside CL team, big managers are unlikely going to join the party

"Rafa kept saying 'fact, fact, fact' and I could not believe what I was hearing," said Gerrard. "I was grabbing the couch, digging my fingers into the arms, feeling embarrassed for him.

"When I met up with England, all the Manchester United players told me Fergie was just laughing at Rafa, saying: 'I've got him, I've got him'."

:lol.

I guess the girl on the left is the seduced one, while the one on the right is BR wife?

You are correct

Didn't BR do quite well and almost winning LFC the title 2 season ago?

Suarez almost won the title. It definitely wasn't down to Rodgers.

That run seems to gave him extended time, he also did quite well at Swansea no?.

I think the highest he got with Swansea was 11th place.

Who else can LFC hire in place of this guy? LFC atm is an outside CL team, big managers are unlikely going to join the party

Klopp already said he has no problem working with a club that isn't in CL.

Suarez almost won them the title two seasons ago.

I keep telling a lot of Liverpool fans that but they don't want to admit it.

Gerrard is a bit of an ungrateful knobend when it comes to Rafa imo

Rafa always moulded the entire team to try and get the best out of Gerrard, and he oversaw easily the best teams Gerrard ever played in. Think Gerrard puts too much stock in man-managers and not enough in cold yet competent ones, the way he talks about Rafa compared to the others he played under.

Toxi

Banned
Leicester is so entertaining. Most teams in this position at the end of the game would just keep possession, but they're hungry for blood.

LOOK AT YOUR WATCH REF

Well deserved win from Leicester and amazing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom