• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

CPDi3iWUEAAWl88.jpg:large

It's just a pic, a lot of men hate their wives too but show the public what they want them to see.

Missed the game. Assuming we played terrible and boring.

edit: comments here seem to prove me correct. Awesome.
Thought there were a few promising things

1) Sakho was good, whether Rodgers cares or not
2) Rossiter was decent
3) The result was contextually okay, if not good
4) Lallana reminds us that he has real ability when he can be bothered to show it

2 massive issues though

Entire defensive unit aside from moreno and Sakho failing to pick up runners and backing off from players running at them

Gomez, Can and Toure constantly challenging for the same ball as one another, making things a complete mess in the box. Were lucky not to concede 3 goals because of it

norinrad

2) Rossiter was decent
4) Lallana reminds us that he has real ability when he can be bothered to show it

2 massive issues though

Entire defensive unit aside from moreno and Sakho failing to pick up runners and backing off from players running at them

Gomez, Can and Toure constantly challenging for the same ball as one another, making things a complete mess in the box. Were lucky not to concede 3 goals because of it

The funny thing about Anfailed is that, Brenda has wasted quite a staggering lot of money only to play mediocre football and yet no one mentions the money he's wasted.

The share about of players he's bought and shipped out is more than Butthead at Man U

Lunar FC

2) Rossiter was decent

2 massive issues though

Well atleast there were some positives to come out of it. Didn't realise how young we went.

The funny thing about Anfailed is that, Brenda has wasted quite a staggering lot of money only to play mediocre football and yet no one mentions the money he's wasted.

The share about of players he's bought and shipped out is more than Butthead at Man U

I hear about that a lot, actually. That it's not just the shite football he has them playing, its the sheer cost of the shite football.

For me, that's the most damning indictment of his tenure. He's put together 1 good season, largely thanks to the talents of players that were already in the squad before his arrival.

MauroNL

I really hope Arsenal beat Chelsea today, if only for the Wenger and Mourinho comments after the game, but IMO I think it'll be 1-1

I hope Arsenal win because someone has to put some pressure on Man City. Also because I support Arsenal.

It's impossible to call though. Even under these circumstances in which Arsenal have probably never had a better chance to get a result at Chelsea, they could easily get destroyed, such is the Arsenal way.

raven777

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: @LFC captain @JHenderson out for around 6-8 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot during training.

Anyone that calls what Walcott has been doing as being "on fire" has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm sure equally inane shit is constantly said in the British broadcasts, but it stands out a lot more to me now that NBC has the US rights and does a proper pre-show with American pundits. Drives me crazy every weekend.

Solid team by Chelsea, except Ivanovic of course. That said both Ramsey & Sanchez like to cut in so he may not have the same problems as he does against the Bolasies' of the world lol.

Costa is a lucky lucky boy. Got away with diving and then asking for a card earlier on.

Hah and now Gabriel's off. Mission accomplished for Mourinho and Costa I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom