• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Chambers
myyqQEs.png

Gambit

Bayern line-up against Darmstadt is:

Neuer (K) - Costa, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Rode, Vidal, Alaba, Coman, Kimmich

Makes the game more interesting to me. I've been wanting to see some of the younger players like Kimmich and Coman.

It'll probably be: (my guess)

Neuer
Rafinha, Boateng, Alaba, Bernat,
Kimmich
Costa, Rode, Vidal Coman
Götze

GorillaJu

It's Gabriel's own fault that they're down to 10. Costa does that in literally every game - it was only a matter of time before someone took the bait.

The 4th official should have seen Costa's hands on Koscielny, but he didn't and you have to let it go, can't let him wind you up or the terrorists win.

It's Gabriel's own fault that they're down to 10. Costa does that in literally every game - it was only a matter of time before someone took the bait.

The 4th official should have seen Costa's hands on Koscielny, but he didn't and you have to let it go, can't let him wind you up or the terrorists win.

TW: victim blaming

I'm shocked because costa did the same the whole of last season, why anyone would fall for the bait this season is beyond me.
If you don't react then he will eventually get himself sent off.
the fact that gabriel had nothing to do with the first incident just makes the whole thing even more stupid.

While Chelsea have still been the better team throughout, this is only game I can remember Arsenal playing against them where they've looked completely vulnerable and ordinary and we've still fucked it up.

Chelsea have a habit of having goal scoring defenders. If zouma picks up where JT leaves off it'll be very annoying. When they scrape wins goals can come from anywhere in the team.

GorillaJu

TW: victim blaming

You think Gabriel was the victim in this case? He wasn't the subject of aggression, he got himself involved because he fell for Costa's trolling. He wasn't even the original recipient of the foul.

Arsenal are on the end of this kind of thing more often than on the benefitting side because their naïveté is chronic.

I don't actually have a problem with added physicality in games. Costa doesn't wind me up. I'd actually like a lot more of that in the modern game. Cut out the diving and drama and have grabs, arms etc allowed.

GorillaJu

So it's ok what Costa did because he does it all the time? Fantastic logic.

Life isn't fair. Sometimes the bully gets away with it. I learned in grade school that the retaliator is always the one to get caught.

There are ways to bring it to the refs attention, or just do like Koscielny did and square up without overstepping the line. Gabriel did exactly what Costa wanted him to.

EmiPrime

Looking forward to Ramires stamping on someone's foot or dragging his foot down someone's shin. All in the name of "physicality" of course, not cheating.

Hixx

Ahahahaah.

Wenger's trying to imitate Lee Cattermole's unique fashion of having his trousers up above his navel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom