• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how Barca can be so shit when Messi isn't playing. So much talent at their disposal and they still rely on him so much.
It's only natural, really. Messi on the pitch means that opposing teams, especially weaker ones, give him a special treatment and focus on him. This will ultimately lead to more space and freedom for other Barca players, to which they are used to. Messi missing a few matches will make them look considerably worse. I'm sure Barca would get used to it and be fine after a few matches without Messi.

Amazing how Barca can be so shit when Messi isn't playing. So much talent at their disposal and they still rely on him so much.

Its not just *just* Messi. Rafinha would normally replace Messi but he's out for the year with an ACL injury and FIFA won't let Barca register Turan until the next window opens so their sixth best attacker is playing. Replace the best player on Earth with a youth teamer and this is what happens.

It's only natural, really. Messi on the pitch means that opposing teams, especially weaker ones, give him a special treatment and focus on him. This will ultimately lead to more space and freedom for other Barca players, to which they are used to. Messi missing a few matches will make them look considerably worse. I'm sure Barca would get used to it and be fine after a few matches without Messi.

Probably.

They should still prepare for this sort of thing though. But we'll see.

Its not just *just* Messi. Rafinha would normally replace Messi but he's out for the year with an ACL injury and FIFA won't let Barca register Turan until the next window opens so their sixth best attacker is playing. Replace the best player on Earth with a youth teamer and this is what happens.

They still have Suarez and Neymar playing. These players should still be able to perform without him on the pitch.

It's not his fault their defence has shit the bed either.

xintin

This Chelsea game reminds me of the two against Shakhtar a few years ago, when Willian sliced the defense apart at will. Tonight it's Brahimi.

Gambit

I guess so

in every game he came in as a subbed he showed pure class. really calm and focused.

today he showed the from the start

19 years old

wow

It's quite impressive. His job-sharing with Alonso is also working out really well for both of them so far. Pep did well identifying him as a potential Xabi replacement.

A poor man's Julian Weigl

Ha! We'll see. I have actually really been enjoying Weigl play so I don't want to choose yet.

Carbonox

Bayern are set for a good while with Coman and Costa. Given Lewa and Muller are getting bukkake'd with assists by them two, I'd be surprised if Guardiola drops them for Ribery and Robben any time soon.

Gambit

Kimmich just bailed out Lahm. Future captain right there!

Bayern are set for a good while with Coman and Costa. Given Lewa and Muller are getting bukkake'd with assists by them two, I'd be surprised if Guardiola drops them for Ribery and Robben any time soon.

When Robben is back Coman will be out, I think. At least as a starter. Robben is really one of the only players at Bayern where you can see a difference in the whole team if he plays or not.

Ribery is a different issue. I wonder if he'll actually come back, but of course I hope so.

Still, Costa and Coman have made the inevitable transition much easier than anyone imagined.

xintin

Really wish that handball incident didn't happen at the end, will just give Jose an excuse for this terrible performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom