• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

In defense of the Chelsea manager, the players are secretly revolting to get him fired, how else would you explain why they've been playing like a division three team? We often blame the manager, but these guys are filthy rich and need o do what they are being paid to do, play good football.

Dick Advocaat has resigned from Sunderland, and already flown back to Holland.

Feel for the guy, if it's true that he was persuaded to stay because of promises that weren't fullfilled.

Jose's meltdown... Oh boy.

He'll probably get this season to recover/fail. Get rid too soon and the manager conveyor belt could mess up Chelsea long-term.

Or maybe Abramovich decides to embrace the RM model and sack him by January?

What I don't understand... Whenever I saw Chelsea play last season hazard was hugging the left touch line and would make runs inside at speed to cause problems. This season he's playing a lot further inside, sometimes in the centre. Why? He's a lot less effective doing that so why change things considering he was the best player in the league last season?

Yeah in the same way Messi was the best player at the World Cup -_-

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
watching MOTD I didn't realise Matić came on at halftime and then got subbed. how embarrassing.

Mourinho is destroying what little team spirit is left at Chelsea.

Empty

i don't think mourinho will be sacked on results even if he finished 10th this season, though i think the players might be able to get him fired like they did villas-boas if he alienates them enough. his sulking and paranoid obsessions and failures could also just annoy everyone: fans, media, players, higher ups, so profoundly that he has no choice but to leave like at the end in madrid, but i think the cultures are too different. (sadly)

imo they'll hit some form in the second half of the season and finish 3rd or fourth like arsenal have done after poor starts in recent history. players are too good to all be shit for a whole season.

Where would Mourinho go if he got fired or quit? He doesn't really have many top league options, either because he burnt those bridges a long time go or they don't want anything to do with the man. I'm sure there are many clubs that would want him but it has always seemed to me that his ego wouldn't allow such a move.

El Topo

In defense of the Chelsea manager, the players are secretly revolting to get him fired, how else would you explain why they've been playing like a division three team? We often blame the manager, but these guys are filthy rich and need o do what they are being paid to do, play good football.

Who knows? It doesn't matter anyway. It is not about who is responsible, it is about how to fix the problem efficiently. Should he get fired already? No. Too early. But they also might just delay the inevitable.

TrueBlue

Our next two games are against Villa and West Ham. On our current form, I think four points would be a decent return.

The two week break might do us some good. Breakdown or not, hopefully Mou can take stock and focus on how to turn things around. We're obviously not going to win the league this season, so he should focus on building on what we have for next season. He said that Loftus Cheek would get a run of games, so I suppose that's something.

Honestly, we just look so poor in nearly every department. It's not as if it's just one or two players under-performing - it's the whole team and setup. Factor in the self-inflicted controversy with Carneiro - who is completely in the right, by the way - and it's just a cavalcade of shit.

We need to keep hold of Mou. Who else would we get? We've burnt so many bridges with our ridiculous managerial policy that I'm struggling to think of any top class managers who would want to come - Klopp included.

I just dunno man.

It's refreshing to see Man U and Chelsea fans having a reality check on what it's like to actually be a supporter like the rest of us. The only fans that still need their heads checked are Arsenal fans, as they're the most fickle bunch around still. You finish top 4 every year, have a decent manager, a financially stable club, some very exciting players and yet you still find time to cry and moan about it all!

Empty

to concede a soft equalizer at that moment. that is just appalling game management. rodgers has been there for ages but this liverpool side feels like a new, naive, inconstistent, vulnerable team still getting to know eachother.

It's refreshing to see Man U and Chelsea fans having a reality check on what it's like to actually be a supporter like the rest of us. The only fans that still need their heads checked are Arsenal fans, as they're the most fickle bunch around still. You finish top 4 every year, have a decent manager, a financially stable club, some very exciting players and yet you still find time to cry and moan about it all!

Kopites are still some of the worst, I originally thought they had calmed down :D but since coming second, losing Suarez and then Sterling it seems to have brought the rotten ones out again. They haven't taken the fall from grace well.

Kopites are still some of the worst, I originally thought they had calmed down :D but since coming second, losing Suarez and then Sterling it seems to have brought the rotten ones out again. They haven't taken the fall from grace well.

Shh don't pick on the Liverpool fans, they're on the verge as it is!

I see the Sunderland cycle continues with a new manager before they play Newcastle (again). This season is mental.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not at all confident for this Utd game

Young at fullback, just know we won't test him at all

Lashley

Heaven forbid the fans wanting to see more ambition from their club

El Topo

I don't get why people mock Liverpool or Arsenal fans.

Liverpool haven't won the league in decades, their last title was almost a decade ago and they've performed consistently disappointingly. It's a rich club with a long tradition, yet they were unable to keep their big stars, a club icon left and even worse a few years ago they had the chance to win it and gave it away.

Arsenal haven't won the league in a decade and if it wasn't for those two FA Cup wins they'd have little to show for the last decade either. They've been consistently very good, but not great. If you look at the legitimate title contenders for the past years, they're listed under also-rans. They also haven't been a big spender, despite their wealth.

Cut them some slack, especially Liverpool fans.

-MB-

De Boer needs to go, badly. He lost all his credits from the last few years. And this Ajax revolution is a failure too.
They wanna play and be as dominant as the Ajax of old days, but you can't do that anymore with the level of players they have. And they don't want to spend money to get them either.

LNBL

Gaston Pereirooooo!
copyright-proshots-10101821725000.jpg

Great game by PSV, we kept Ajax in the match by not making the 1-2 earlier but we were dominating throughout the second half. To think that we are still missing Lestienne, De jong, Willems and a fully fit Guardado.

Lashley

Depay will score today, him and young will attack our right side and tear us a new arsehole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom