• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, what if Klopp goes to Chelsea?

I remember reading somewhere this week that Klopp or his agent or something said we are the opposite of the sort of place he wants to go to (may we have been "sources close to him")

As shit as this is, I think we should stick with Jose

xintin

I remember reading somewhere this week that Klopp or his agent or something said we are the opposite of the sort of place he wants to go to (may we have been "sources close to him")

As shit as this is, I think we should stick with Jose
I imagine Jose stays and gets the funds/players he wanted in January/next summer.

Dortmund suffered through this last year, Chelsea can too and hopefully come out firing the same way BVB have this year.

P44

Jose's gone.

I've got a really fucking strong feeling he's gone.

Also, I hate bitching that a decision didn't go your way, I hated it when Fergie did it, I still hate it.

You should play well enough that you don't rely on shit out of your control.

That wasn't an interview. He got asked one question and went on for seven minutes

Yh I saw it you know what I mean though lol (and I know what you're saying aswell lol), man he's really under the cosh, sad to see. Love what Mou's done for us but he's definitely largely responsible for a fair share of the problems we're facing. The lack of signings in summer was odd, always strengthen when you're at the top, now who's gonna wanna come here? Some of his tactics as well, Ivanovic is the obvious one but it's more than that, the Mou from a few years ago would be dropping Fabregas (just to name one) for his atrocious performances this season, instead his ballsy move is subbing of Matic after 25mins.

GHG

Gold Member
Mourinho just had a meltdown live on TV. Said that finishing top 4 would be ok.

Arsene will be loving this. Can't believe we still lost to then even with them being as bad as they are right now.

Jose's gone.

I've got a really fucking strong feeling he's gone.

Also, I hate bitching that a decision didn't go your way, I hated it when Fergie did it, I still hate it.

The one thing I hate is that whenever a manager trots that shit out, the reporter will basically never say "oh you didn't get a penalty, well what about the penalty your opponents didn't get before that?"

They just let the managers ramble on and never call them on anything. Post-match interviews could be so amazing.

Arsene will be loving this. Can't believe we still lost to then even with them being as bad as they are right now.

Every time Chelsea lose that result annoys me a little more. Send Costa off when he should be sent off and Arsenal probably don't lose that match. So bitter.

Haha somethings won't change, Arsenal being our bitches is one of those things :)

GHG

Gold Member
He's now throwing Matic under the bus. Saying that Matic is struggling, can't pass the ball, making lots of mistakes etc.

What about Terry, what about Hazard, what about Fabregas?

He needs to protect his players as it's collectively that they are not playing well. Instead, what he's doing is protecting himself by saying that it's the referees fault, individual players faults, etc. At what point does he say I'm also accountable and we are all in it together?

The biggest issue he has here now is that he risks his players turning against him and no longer wanting to play for him.

Haha somethings won't change, Arsenal being our bitches is one of those things :)

Oh yeh, I forgot the last 10 years is the only history your club has ;) . You have a conveniently short memory.

Tubie

Shocked to see that Chelsea result.

I don't think Mou will get sacked tho, that would really accomplish nothing.

GHG

Gold Member
Lmao the response of a true Arsenal fan.

Well it is the truth.

The only consistent theme is that Mourinho has Wenger's number. Look at the results in the games vs us where Mourinho has not been the manager for Chelsea and you will see who is whose "bitch".

He's now throwing Matic under the bus. Saying that Matic is struggling, can't pass the ball, making lots of mistakes etc.

What about Terry, what about Hazard, what about Fabregas?

Turning players against each other is pretty much Mou's thing. Madrid was a mess after he left. Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea also turn to King Carlo to bring everyone together.

Well it is the truth.

The only consistent theme is that Mourinho has Wenger's number. Look at the results in the games vs us where Mourinho has not been the manager for Chelsea and you will see who is whose "bitch".

Lol I said it as a bit of a joke just to cheer myself up (still doesn't change the fact that we currently always beat Arsenal), I remember when an a win against Arsenal was amazing and not just part of status quo.

xintin

Turning players against each other is pretty much Mou's thing. Madrid was a mess after he left. Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea also turn to King Carlo to bring everyone together.
I really doubt Carlo would come back after we fired him in the tunnel after the last match of his last season here.

I really doubt Carlo would come back after we fired him in the tunnel after the last match of his last season here.

This, also I love Carlo but lets not forget he is a bit limited as a manager aswell. Imo atm we should stick with Jose, really no point sacking him right now. If he were to go though I'd go for someone different stylistically, a manager with an attacking philosophy who'll suit our current crop of players and who'll also promote youths aswell.

Ooof. I remember things ended badly with Ancelloti but didn't realize it was that ugly and Carlo has always been willing to put up with garbage for the right team. Anyway aside from him and Klopp hard to see anyone who could handle a club like Chelsea. Conte would kill for the job. Maybe Heynckes has one more run in him?

This, also I love Carlo but lets not forget he is a bit limited as a manager aswell.

Aside from his unwillingness to rotate the squad I think Carlo is ideal for elite teams like Chelsea. He keeps the players focused, doesn't try to be clever by playing people out of position, finds a system that works and then steamrolls fools.

Ooof. I remember things ended badly with Ancelloti but didn't realize it was that ugly and Carlo has always been willing to put up with garbage for the right team. Anyway aside from him and Klopp hard to see anyone who could handle a club like Chelsea. Conte would kill for the job. Maybe Heynckes has one more run in him?

Well perhaps its worth noting that Ron Gourlay was the one that sacked him (in the Goodison Park tunnel) he has left. If they want to get him back... perhaps Marina would turn on the charm or promise not to be a dick to him.

This is a big moment but I think Jose will live to fight another few games at the very least, if Roman wanted to sack him, I suspect he would have done it already

Aside from his unwillingness to rotate the squad I think Carlo is ideal for elite teams like Chelsea. He keeps the players focused, doesn't try to be clever by playing people out of position, finds a system that works and then steamrolls fools.

He's a good manager no doubt, his track record speaks for himself, but imo it's more then his unwillingness to rotate (which is annoying) that makes me skeptical. His biggest weakness is building teams. Happened at Chelsea and Madrid, he can make a good squad play well but once it gets to the rebuilding stage he seems a bit lost. To summarise Carlo I'd say when it's good it's amazing, but when it's bad it's really really bad.

He's a good manager no doubt, his track record speaks for himself, but imo it's more then his unwillingness to rotate (which is annoying) that makes me skeptical. His biggest weakness is building teams. Happened at Chelsea and Madrid, he can make a good squad play well but once it gets to the rebuilding stage he seems a bit lost. To summarise Carlo I'd say when it's good it's amazing, but when it's bad it's really really bad.

So basically what you want is to just switch Mourinho and Ancelloti every couple of years?

Sometimes things just no longer work. See Dortmund last season under Klopp.

But we aren't like Dortmund or other teams, if we let Jose go we are going to continually stay in this cycle of sacking managers which meant we won't the league once in 8 years or something, thats not good enough for us or shouldn't be.

We need to back the manager, players have too much power and its not a good cycle to get into at all.

That said the manager has to improve, Ivanovic needs to be dropped, Azpili returned to right back and Baba at lb, Zouma has to play as well, i'd personally pick the captain to lead the line in defence, he'd probably chop off a finger to get us out of this mess.

4-2-3-1 isn't working right now, we need to revert to 4-3-3, focus on being tight at the back and defending in numbers, RLC with Cesc and Matic (or Ramires if he wants to drop one of them), pick two wingers with Costa up top.

GHG

Gold Member
What I don't understand... Whenever I saw Chelsea play last season hazard was hugging the left touch line and would make runs inside at speed to cause problems. This season he's playing a lot further inside, sometimes in the centre. Why? He's a lot less effective doing that so why change things considering he was the best player in the league last season?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Luis Enrique should not be using a 4-3-3 without Messi. Our bench forwards are not good enough. It's ridiculous that he won't change tactics without Messi there. He literally said not too long ago they'll play the same style as if he was still there.

Firemind

Luis Enrique should not be using a 4-3-3 without Messi. Our bench forwards are not good enough. It's ridiculous that he won't change tactics without Messi there. He literally said not too long ago they'll play the same style as if he was still there.
If only they had Pedro. :3

(Suarez could be the number 9.)

bone_and_sinew

If only they had Pedro. :3

(Suarez could be the number 9.)
He wanted to leave for more playing time, can't lament that. Not having Turan and Vidal due to the transfer ban is hurting our squad depth. I don't whine about injuries, those can only be controlled to a certain extent. The latest crop of La Masia graduates are not performing up to standard either. We only have us to blame.

Uzzy

Best managerial meltdown since Keegan. Beautiful stuff.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Mourinho needs to pick his battles because Falcao dived and Saints should've had three penalties.

glad Saints smashed them today and didn't let the shit ref ruin it

bone_and_sinew

Match of the Day is on in the U.S. Finally saw the entire Mou meltdown

southpark_tearlick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom