• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
The shit he gets away with is unreal. Clattenburg deducing it isn't card worthy is hilarious, even 'ol Howard said it was a red.

As ever. I imagine Mourinho will bring it up with the FA. He hates it when decisions are incorrect.

:)

Poor Jose has too much on his plate already with a stadium suspension & Eva suing

I should just keep a similar comment forever copied into my clipboard, because it is usable every week. Rooney should be dropped to light a fire under his ass and to shake things up a bit. And when he comes back into the line up, he should absolutely not be the sole striker. He's got all the intimidation of a pair of safety scissors these days.

EmiPrime

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/02/chelsea-jose-mourinho-fine-stadium-ban

The sense of chaos engulfing Chelsea and their beleaguered manager, José Mourinho, has intensified after the Portuguese was handed a one-match stadium ban which could prevent him playing any part in his side’s potentially critical game at Stoke City on Saturday.

The Football Association confirmed on Monday evening that an independent regulatory commission had determined Mourinho should serve a suspension and be fined £40,000, pending any appeal, having been sent to the stands at half-time during last month’s 2-1 defeat at West Ham United. The 52-year-old, incensed by the dismissals of Nemanja Matic and his assistant first-team coach Silvino Louro, had confronted the official Jon Moss at the interval with the subsequent misconduct charge relating to the language he used and his refusal to leave the referee’s room.

Mourinho, who is understood to have sworn at Moss and made reference to Arsène Wenger calling the official “soft” in the past, watched the second half from the back of the directors’ box as Andy Carroll scored West Ham’s late winner.

lol

He is completely deranged and obsessed.

EmiPrime

Secret Footballer, make of it what you will.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...-still-stubborn-jose-mourinho-wont-back-down/

What started all this?

Hanging pyhsio Jon Fearn and club doctor Eva Carneiro out to dry in public.

Managers pick on staff and players all the time in order to make a wider point to the squad and remind them who is in charge.

But in this case, Mourinho could not have got it more wrong.

Fearn and Carniero are loved at Chelsea. They are friends of the players because they interact with them on a daily basis and have no agenda other than their well-being. They are neutral territory.

You know how much the kitman is loved at Chelsea, don’t you? The players love him and the fans love him when he appears on “Soccer AM”. This is like that.

Fearn and Carniero are totally respected by the playing staff and Mourinho has made a massive mistake in trying to make his point at the expense of two members of staff who were just doing their job and are seen as an easy touch.

I don't think it can be pinpointed down to that. Costa is overweight, Courtouis is injured, Ivanovoc is plain shit, Terry is old and Fabregas has been missing since February. Pedro and Falcao haven't had any major impacts either.

Hazard had actually been performing/creating chances in earling games, just not having them converted to goals/assists. Now he's definitely taken a dip with the rest of the team.

Just Pete

Banned
Top result last night. Spurs are looking a bit robin hood this season. When that Korean bloke comes back in I could see us beating anyone.

Manchester United supporters have rued Wayne Rooney 's anonymous displays this season and the Greater Manchester Police declared him as a 'missing person'.

'Detective Sergeant Dave' announced Rooney had gone missing following United's anodyne draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday - their third successive goalless game.

"Missing person - Wayne Rooney last seen in the Trafford, any sightings please inform colleagues," the GMP's city centre Twitter account posted on Sunday night.

The Twitterati reacted with such outrage DS Dave deleted the tweet, adding: "Right that's me done better get off before I get lynched, always a pleasure, take care and stay safe..."

United have not scored in five hours and 25 minutes while Rooney has scored two goals in 10 Premier League starts this term.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-united-striker-rooney-declared-10373877

How did I not know of this before? They shouldn't have been lynched for it.

Well that's it! He's a proven goal scorer in the Premier League, has a decent amount of pace and movement too. You'd think he'd be ideal to play along side Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard. It's odd, and if I was to over think it I'd probably believe he was being kept at Chelsea just to deprive other teams of his ability.

Well that's it! He's a proven goal scorer in the Premier League, has a decent amount of pace and movement too. You'd think he'd be ideal to play along side Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard. It's odd, and if I was to over think it I'd probably believe he was being kept at Chelsea just to deprive other teams of his ability.

I don't know that he's really good enough for Chelsea to be doing that.

Although I suppose when you're in a relegation battle you take any advantage you could get. Remy could do pretty well for one of the sides down there.

I don't know that he's really good enough for Chelsea to be doing that.

Although I suppose when you're in a relegation battle you take any advantage you could get. Remy could do pretty well for one of the sides down there.

I reckon he's good enough for any side in the Premier League, given the lack of actual decent finishers in the league right now (Luke Vardy excused). Imagine Arsenal with Remy? Imagine Liverpool with Remy? Perhaps I feel he's better than he is after his good loan spell at Newcastle, and the his attempts to save QPR in 6 months too.

Just Pete

Banned
I reckon he's good enough for any side in the Premier League, given the lack of actual decent finishers in the league right now (Luke Vardy excused). Imagine Arsenal with Remy? Imagine Liverpool with Remy? Perhaps I feel he's better than he is after his good loan spell at Newcastle, and the his attempts to save QPR in 6 months too.

Hang about son, 'Luke Vardy' you plonker.

Remy is a bit odd, 7 of his 12 goals have come from the bench but a lot of the time he gets to start he doesn't do much.

Falcao will likely go in January and join AVB, hopefully we get someone good in.

Jose seems less grumpy today which is a good sign, and Cesc rejected that rumour he is leading some sort of revolt

Beefy

Police in Frankfurt have raided the headquarters of the German Football Association (DFB) over allegations of tax evasion linked to the 2006 Fifa World Cup, prosecutors say.

The homes of DFB President Wolfgang Niersbach, his predecessor Theo Zwanziger, and former Secretary General Horst Schmid, were also searched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34708640

Beefy

Remy is a bit odd, 7 of his 12 goals have come from the bench but a lot of the time he gets to start he doesn't do much.

Falcao will likely go in January and join AVB, hopefully we get someone good in.

Jose seems less grumpy today which is a good sign, and Cesc rejected that rumour he is leading some sort of revolt

Cesc is too lazy to lead a revolt.

Jarnet87

I'd rather have Remy than Rooney right now.

I think most United fans are in agreement that we would take anyone over Rooney right now. No first touch, no speed, no shooting ability, can't convert a penalty, can't win headers or play back to goal, can't pass, loses possession too easily. A striker with a tick in any on of these categories would be an upgrade over Roop right now. I'd take Abonglahor, Mitrovic, Gomis, Diouf just to name a few on current form, it's embarrassing that van Gaal parade's Rooney out there as captain for 90 minutes every game.

RiggyRob

And again, another ex-United player saying that Rooney 'just isn't getting service'. Van Gaal must feel justified in his decision to keep Rooney in the first team cause if he dropped Rooney it'd cause a shitstorm going by the reactions already.

Personally I think this shouldn't be happening to Van Gaal at all, I don't remember Moyes being criticised by ex-players this much and it strikes me as a very anti-United thing to do anyway (unless it's Roy Keane).

And again, another ex-United player saying that Rooney 'just isn't getting service'. Van Gaal must feel justified in his decision to keep Rooney in the first team cause if he dropped Rooney it'd cause a shitstorm going by the reactions already.

Personally I think this shouldn't be happening to Van Gaal at all, I don't remember Moyes being criticised by ex-players this much and it strikes me as a very anti-United thing to do anyway (unless it's Roy Keane).

I think I recall Scholes criticising Moyes a fair bit too.

I've never been a huge Rooney fan but I find all of this odd. What happened to him to become all average? He usually pisses over Newcastle bad yet did very little against them so far this season.

Rooney clearly hasn't been good but there is no creativity going forward but this isn't solely his problem (though I'm not a fan of him and certainly not a fan of the club). The blame being placed on Schweinsteiger is a overly harsh as he is a central midfielder his role is to play in the attacking midfielders and provide a support outlet for them, which going by the few games I have seen apart from the Arsenal game he has been solid. The blame really lies with Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Lingard, and Young. It is up to them to create the chances for the forwards to get chances on goal. With the chances that are being put forward it would be better to play Rooney in the number ten role with that new kid as a sole striker as Rooney has always been able to place balls into attacking positions and he obviously doesn't have the pace or physicality that he use to have as he has been bossed by defenders in every game I have watched.

Ullus

Why are Ukrainian fans(or hooligans rather) so shit?
First they assault Malmö FF fans yesterday, now they run down a swedish TV team interviewing supporters about tonight's game

Malmö just said on twitter that they don't recommend people wearing light blue clothes and asked them to stay inside, take a cab and don't walk alone.

Unconfirmed Member
John Terry throwing SHADE at Robbie Savage.

Well deserved - useless pundit, useless player.

You could literally apply his description of Savage to Jose Mourinho.

At least Savage says something interesting as opposed to the white noise produced by other football pundits.

King_Moc

Banned

At least Savage says something interesting as opposed to the white noise produced by other football pundits.

Terry's stance is idiotic as he's trying to say that you can only pass judgement if you have sufficient experience of taking part in the thing you are discussing. It's like saying that film critics can't review films because they've never made one, and us here can't discuss video games as we've never made one. At the end of the day, if you attack the man, and not the actual comments made, then all you are doing is admitting defeat.

You mean double champions league winning Jose Mourinho? (Including one before he joined us)

Terry's stance is idiotic as he's trying to say that you can only pass judgement if you have sufficient experience of taking part in the thing you are discussing. It's like saying that film critics can't review films because they've never made one, and us here can't discuss video games as we've never made one. At the end of the day, if you attack the man, and not the actual comments made, then all you are doing is admitting defeat.

Theres nothing idiotic about his stance, Robbie Savage can say what he likes I'm sure JT isn't against free speech, it doesn't mean he has to listen or give a shit, he's played with and knows the other ones he mentioned and they have shared probably similar experiences in their career on the pitch which would mean they could relate to his experience much more than Robbie Savage. And Savage is a moron

You should watch the video if you aren't clear on what he said: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34709899

I probably wouldn't have said he played at a "bad level" but JT has a right to listen to who he wants to which is what he said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom