• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Ridiculous end to the City game. Poor Sterling had a goal robbed by Martin and then by Kolarov. That mistake by Joe was one of the worst I've ever seen.. unreal.

King_Moc

Banned
Yes, but Liverpool have been crap for eons. Chelsea are going to break out of this slump at some point, and going into today I figured this would be the game.

It would've been too if BR was still in charge.

I don't know about that. Have you seen much of Chelsea recently?

longdi

Banned
What is wrong with Chelsea? Why did Jose take ouT hazard? They looked slow prodding and lack of creativity. The leaky defence did not helped much. What will a new manager brings?

What is wrong with Chelsea? Why did Jose take ouT hazard? They looked slow prodding and lack of creativity. The leaky defence did not helped much. What will a new manager brings?

He subbed him because he was MIA for most of the time he was on the pitch. As a Liverpool fan I was disappointed when he was taken off.

Whatever the problem is it seems to be endemic throughout the club. Perhaps it was a poor pre-season with players coming back not game ready leading to consecutive defeats, compounded by drama aimed at the backroom staff for doing their job, a manager who is losing the plot and the players seem to be more distant every game they play. I think it has to be something more than that though. A lot of the buck is directed towards the manager as he is the public face of authority but there has to be something wrong in the upper levels for this kind of performance and overall strangeness coming out of the club, just look at the clubs match reports, that has nothing to do with the football side and they sound like they are written by somebody off their head.

Motd on now.

Costa such a dirty cunt.

Did they show Skrtel put his elbow to Costa's face just before that as well? Sure Costa should also have been sent off, but Skrtel is no better. Chelsea were shocking and Liverpool rather good, the crying about Lucas not getting a second yellow was pathetic. Chelsea got what was deserved.

King_Moc

Banned
Did they show Skrtel put his elbow to Costa's face just before that as well? Sure Costa should also have been sent off, but Skrtel is no better. Chelsea were shocking and Liverpool rather good, the crying about Lucas not getting a second yellow was pathetic. Chelsea got what was deserved.

Well, maybe. I didn't see that, but if you did, ok I guess? I mean, we could have won the league cup last year if Costa's stamp was seen. What goes around comes around etc.

Well, maybe. I didn't see that, but if you did, ok I guess? I mean, we could have won the league cup last year if Costa's stamp was seen. What goes around comes around etc.

And Chelsea could have won CL without Luis Garcia's ghost goal, and without Suarez not getting sent off for biting Ivanovic and scoring in the stoppage time after and blah blah. Not interested in going back in time here, people were talking about the match today, not the one a year ago, or two years ago. What Costa did on the ground with Skrtel was in no way worse than the elbow he received by him not long before that, and I doubt the FA or anyone will do anything about it. At the end of the day Chelsea didn't deserve anything out of the match and didn't get anything out of it, Liverpool played well and did.

If BR was in charge we would have lost the game. I don't know if you noticed but under BR, Liverpool tend to make bad teams look good.

Yeah BR had a tendency to have a "win more" approach. I don't remember a single time where we were trailing behind and came back around to win the match in the end. Maybe @Cardiff or @Fulham 2013-2014? But not a single high profile game. If the team was losing, chances are we will lose or at most, draw.

The team mentality has been growing and everyone is becoming confident again. It appeared that if things didn't go BR's way, the team spirit would fall apart. Happened at the end of 2013-2014, happened last fall when we were in bad form and happened again after Manchester United beat us at Anfield this year. Klopp's method of always fighting is slowly getting there. He was even talking about it in the post-match interview after the Southampton game last week how it was sad to see everyone, fans included just lose all hope when they gave up their lead.

Anyone follows Wolfsburg here? How is Draxler doing? I've always greatly rated him back at Schalke but I don't get the chance to follow Bundesliga as often anymore lately

Best wishes.

AcridMeat

Banned
Watching MOTD, Skrtel had some contact sure and deserved a card, but it was not on the same level as being on the ground and taking a boot to the stomach man. Give me a break.

Lucas deserved to be sent off, clumsy ass game from him. Mourinho is a fucking child in these interviews too.

Beefy

@paddypower
When Kone scores a hat-trick against you, it's probably time to pack up, go home and make arrangements for the Championship.

6-2 Everton.

Turok_TTZ

SOD OFF TOLUCA!

kekekekekke AMERICA WINS AGAIN.

Hugo Gonzalez with two very important saves at the end. Good to see Club America continue to produce proper gks.

Tainted

Huge news for Australian EPL fans ... Foxtel have lost the broadcast rights from 2016/17 onwards for the next 3 seasons to Optus

​Optus has secured exclusive Australian broadcast rights to the English Premier League for the next three seasons.
The deal is reportedly worth more than $50 million and includes "live broadcast coverage and digital rights for broadband and mobile". Optus' coverage will commence in August 2016.

It is a huge blow for the current rights holders Fox Sports, and rich Qatar-owned broadcaster BeIN Sports, who both reportedly submitted competing bids.
Fox Sports, which is part-owned by Optus' telco rival Telstra, said they were "disappointed" to lose the rights as the league's foundation broadcast partner in Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...-fox-sports-in-australia-20151101-gkoedn.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom