• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the group but going need to beat PSV as well. Not very convincing play, but what else is new. I'm sure it will be back to 0-0 against West Brom.

MrKaepora

Benfica 2 x Galatasaray 1

How do we have to suffer in the last 5min because of Gaitan's stupidity is beyond me. A victory still and almost qualified for next fase.

RiggyRob

Feel a bit uneasy at how close the group is even though we're top with 7 points, in most of the others it's impossible for at least one team to qualify. Closest group in the CL unless both Zagreb and Arsenal win tomorrow.

LNBL

Come on!!!!!!!!

cid39207_PSVjuichen1516-980x480.jpg

What a game! Wolfsburg had nothing to bring in this match, lets hope we can snatch 1 point away at Man U next.

Shit quality gif, but look at that pass by Guardado again! (The chip goes in for the 2-0)
928344781476b992662dbcdf108a7f84.gif

Postitive points for United were the defence is still bossing. Carrick's inclusion definately improved the tempo of passing to the front line. Lingard displayed great energy and positive play with the ball, most promising wing play imo. 4-4-2 is worth considering for future home matches which we are expected to be dominant in.

Meier

What a match by City.. those first 45 minutes were absolutely scintillating. Had a few good chances in the 2nd half as well (Yaya in particular really should have scored), but we'll take the win regardless.

Exceptional from Fernandiniho, he has been the best player all season for City and brought a totally different game today, that was a joy to watch.Sterling was also fantastic.

Meier

Exceptional from Fernandiniho, he has been the best player all season for City and brought a totally different game today, that was a joy to watch.

He's a truly amazing player. I've long said he is one of the best central midfielders in the world.. proved it today.

He's a truly amazing player. I've long said he is one of the best central midfielders in the world.. proved it today.

One of those players that never gets the credit outside the club but does so much for the team. Sometimes he can look overwhelmed due to being the only protection for the defence but today slipping between defensive midfielder, central midfielder and attacking midfielder whilst looking like they were his normal positions was spectacular. There were hints of that strategy in the derby but it was only used twice at the beginning of the game and I found it surprising then especially how quick he broke into attack, but the Sevilla game showed a fully balanced attacking team able fluidly switch between a 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1 and a 4-2-3-1 with him at the heart that does its defensive duties. There were one or two slip ups that potentially could have been costly against the usual suspects.

Otamendi and Kompany partnership is looking really good and Fernando is starting to show why Porto called him the Octopus. Main weakness I see is the left back, every club has been hitting that side regardless of it being Kolarov or Clichy. The crosses from Navas are getting better with every game and his shots are now hitting the post rather than going wide, Bony looked much better but still has a way to go. Now we have to see how Delph is going to fit into the team and if the shot to conversion rate can be increased.

Really want Arsenal to win tonight but also really want to see Bayern highlight to all Premier League teams how to nullify Cazorla and Ozil.

He's not really a handful though, and he's not so young that you can assume he'll get much better

He's dogshit when its not for England.

Which shows that in the right system, he can play well, because he is a handful when in an England shirt.

As for 'young', I don't mean in terms of improvement (though maturity normally does come with age), but more that he could conceivably be a long-term solution for a club. At 24, he could be a first team player for another 6 years plus.

I'm not sure if this was posted here (since I only come here during international matches) But here's the seeding for Euro 2016:

France (46.416) - guaranteed in Group A, position 1 as hosts
Spain (37.962) - guaranteed in Pot 1 as holders
Germany (40.236) - Pot 1
England (35.963) - Pot 1
Portugal (35.138) - Pot 1
Belgium (34.442) - Pot 1
Italy (34.345) - Pot 2
Russia (31.345) - Pot 2
Switzerland (31.254) - Pot 2
Austria (30.932) - Pot 2
Croatia (30.642) - Pot 2
Czech Republic (29.403) - Pot 2 or 3
Poland (28.306) - Pot 3
Romania (28.038) - Pot 3
Slovakia (27.171) - Pot 3
Turkey (27.033) - Pot 3 or 4
Iceland (25.388) - Pot 4
Wales (24.531) - Pot 4
Albania (23.216) - Pot 4
Northern Ireland (22.61) - Pot 4

Coefficients of teams in play-offs
Bosnia and Herzegovina (30.367) - seeded
Ukraine (30.313) - seeded
Sweden (29.028) - seeded
Hungary (27.142) - seeded
Denmark (27.140) - unseeded
Republic of Ireland (26.902) - unseeded
Norway (26.439) - unseeded
Slovenia (25.441) - unseeded

Speaking as an Italian I really hope we don't get drawn with Spain. That would be the worst possible top seeded team to get IMO. I'd much rather get drawn with England and Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom