• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle 26s27 seconds ago

Just the 3rd 5-0 of the season for Napoli. Unbeaten in 14 in all comps. Aggregate score since change to 4-3-3 - just 32-3. 9 clean sheets.

Impressive run of form. Must be the favorites to win the EL.
Watching it on Setanta. Liverpool should be winning by more. They are really dominating.

Yup. But at least we got the win and kept a clean sheet. Kazan never showed up - even after we gave away initiative in the second half.

TeddyBoy

CTFA3zSWEAAl1qO.jpg

Daaaaaaww :3

Great team performance today by the team, we used a good strong team as well so I hope it doesn't affect us too much for Sunday!

VLiberty

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle 26s27 seconds ago

Just the 3rd 5-0 of the season for Napoli. Unbeaten in 14 in all comps. Aggregate score since change to 4-3-3 - just 32-3. 9 clean sheets.

Impressive run of form. Must be the favorites to win the EL.

Last year we did great as well(Wolfsburg-Napoli 1-4, what a game) but then we lost in the semis to fucking Dnipro. Sure, the ref was bad and he had an impact on the result, but we should've destroyed them anyway.

By the way, what is completely amazing me this year is the defense. We still need to get a centerback(Juve pls give us Rugani, we'll finally give you Zuniga) and maybe a right sideback(Hysaj is doing well but Maggio and Henrique are bad and Zuniga is not a football player anymore), but the current perfomance of the defense is great.

King_Moc

Banned
CTFA3zSWEAAl1qO.jpg

Daaaaaaww :3

Great team performance today by the team, we used a good strong team as well so I hope it doesn't affect us too much for Sunday!

3 wins in a row and unbeaten in 12 I think. Admittedly, we didn't play anyone good in those last 3 games, but a little while ago we drew at home to Kazan, and they were terrible.

norinrad

Say what you want but I'm really beginning to like this Liverpool team. I really did not like Brendan's tactics at all and he never took any responsibility for his actions, mostly buying players and setting them up to fail. I think even Balo would function well in this new team and that's saying a lot. Hopefully we never see him again in the EPL, though a man can dream.

TeddyBoy

3 wins in a row and unbeaten in 12 I think. Admittedly, we didn't play anyone good in those last 3 games, but a little while ago we drew at home to Kazan, and they were terrible.

Yeah we're playing much better now than just a couple weeks ago, we're much more enjoyable to watch and seem defensively stronger.

Not quite the finished article yet though, our shots to goals ratio is still very poor but once that's sorted out we're golden!

Say what you want but I'm really beginning to like this Liverpool team. I really did not like Brendan's tactics at all and he never took any responsibility for his actions, mostly buying players and setting them up to fail. I think even Balo would function well in this new team and that's saying a lot. Hopefully we never see him again in the EPL, though a man can dream.

Brendan deserves a lot of criticism yes, but Balotelli caused a lot of problems by being such a poor striker for us. I think it's best he left Liverpool for good.

norinrad

Hahaha i did not say anything like that you guys need to relax. I only said even he could function well under the new manager. In no way did i mentioned Liverpool should take him back.

Orkidea

I know y'all are like a close-nit community around here, but I really want to get into watching Football. I played it as a kid but never really watched it fully

Anyone point me into just how to engage in understanding this sport and picking the right teams to support, ect.
Or should I just literally start watching games and get used to it?

I know y'all are like a close-nit community around here, but I really want to get into watching Football. I played it as a kid but never really watched it fully

Anyone point me into just how to engage in understanding this sport and picking the right teams to support, ect.

First off, you don't pick who you support. Asking other people who they chose to support will piss them off really quickly.

Best way to get into football is just start watching it. Whatever's on TV. English Premier League is good, as it's all conducted in English (including press-conferences, interviews, club websites etc.). There are matches this weekend, the big one is the North London derby, between Arsenal and Tottenham. Always a good game.

If you want to get a little more info pre-match on that one, give Arseblog a read. It's written by an Arsenal fan, for Arsenal fans, but it does a great job of communicating the relationship most people (in the UK at least) seem to have with football. Although a lot of it regarding specific players will fly over your head, most likely.

For other matches, see if you can find a way of watching Match of the Day. It's how most people I know got into football - highlights and analysis from all the day's Premier League matches.

As for some real live action, where are you from? Do you have a local team?

Lunar FC

Id say if you're trying to get into it just start watching some epl games. They play saturday, sunday, monday on NBCSN if you live in the US. You will slowly gain insight on the various clubs, thier cultures, and the rules. One club will be sure to draw your interest and you can join in the coversation.
Support Liverpool.
:)

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
Miguel Delaney
‏@MiguelDelaney

FA written reasons on Mourinho ban: "He shouted that you fucking referees are weak…Wenger is right about you…you are fucking weak"

He actually agreed with Wenger on something, how's this possible?

TeddyBoy

Yeah just start watching various leagues/teams.

There are some really good teams out there right now, the Champions League knockout stages start soon so you'll see quite a few teams from lots of countries play each other.

Just watch a few games from different teams and then once one catches your eye with a player you like or a style of play you enjoy, then stick with them :)

Hahaha i did not say anything like that you guys need to relax. I only said even he could function well under the new manager. In no way did i mentioned Liverpool should take him back.

I don't think he would though

Klopp is one of the best at getting his players to put in 100%, but I'm not sure Balotelli has it in him to do it regularly. He's been a regularly playing pro for around 8 years iirc, and at no point in that timespan has he consistently worked hard enough on the pitch. He can get away with it when he's on form, and he can run his bollocks off for the odd 20 minute period, but the moment things start going wrong, his head goes and you end up with a player who does nothing at best, and a complete liability at worst.

Klopp could maybe ingratiate him into a decent team, but it would have to be on the assumption that he is essentially seperate from the team, and everyone else would have to do his running off the ball. And on it really, his movement in attack is atrocious.

Orkidea

First off, you don't pick who you support. Asking other people who they chose to support will piss them off really quickly.

Best way to get into football is just start watching it. Whatever's on TV. English Premier League is good, as it's all conducted in English (including press-conferences, interviews, club websites etc.). There are matches this weekend, the big one is the North London derby, between Arsenal and Tottenham. Always a good game.

If you want to get a little more info pre-match on that one, give Arseblog a read. It's written by an Arsenal fan, for Arsenal fans, but it does a great job of communicating the relationship most people (in the UK at least) seem to have with football. Although a lot of it regarding specific players will fly over your head, most likely.

For other matches, see if you can find a way of watching Match of the Day. It's how most people I know got into football - highlights and analysis from all the day's Premier League matches.

As for some real live action, where are you from? Do you have a local team?

Awesome thanks. Will check out those

I'm from Vancouver, we have the Whitecaps in MLS. I'll start paying attention to them as well

bjaelke

Bournemouth getting close to that equalizer. They should have scored 2-3 goals already in the second half.
Man I watched all through 3 times and I still can't call it.
Florenzi if pushed but there's 4 I could easily give it to.
Messi edges it for me due to the importance of game and the individual skill required - it wasn't "just" a lucky screamer.

#mufc XI: De Gea; Young, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Schweinsteiger; Lingard, Mata, Martial; Rooney.

I'm surprised Carrick is starting with Schweini. I was expecting either Herrera or Schneiderlin.

#mufc XI: De Gea; Young, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Schweinsteiger; Lingard, Mata, Martial; Rooney.

I'm surprised Carrick is starting with Schweini. I was expecting either Herrera or Schneiderlin.

This insane obsession with putting Carrick and Schweini together...

Works better when they are rotated and paired up with a younger/faster midfielder like Herrera or Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom