• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

holy fucking shit

that was THE most intense arsenal game ever

i'm still feeling palpitations outta my chest and that fluttery feeling.

cannot believe it.

amazing

GHG

Gold Member
I'm surprised that people actually block each other at all. It's a bit childish no?

What a win. I'm buzzing but I also know we will still find a way to fuck it up. But as long as Spurs don't win it it's all good.

Coquelin could've been sent off but Drinkwater got off scot-free for that tackle on Ramsey.

21 shots to 6. I would've been pretty pissed if it ended 1-1, like it seemed was going to happen.

Absolutely gutted but you know we've come a long way when we are a man down and only concede 2.

People will still say Arsenal were the better team and maybe they were, but if Simpson hadn't been sent off I think we would have won for sure.

Still top of the league.

Tobinishi

what weird points? The ref had a bad game and it cost Leicester.

Ref had a bad game, I agree with that. But it went both ways.

1.) You can give the penalty but clear foul on Özil in the build up.
2.) Missed one penalty for Leicester and at least one (in my opinion) for Arsenal.
3.) Red Card was harsh but it was stupid foul when Giroud was through.
4.) Drinkwater should have been sent off. Very bad tackle
5.) I thought 4 minutes was not enoguh stoppage time. It took Leicester one full minute to take a Throw In and it was the same for goalkicks, etc. You can't waste time and then complain about about too much stoppage time.
6.) wasilewski "tackle" was worth a red card too in my opinion. He went with his elbow straight to the head without any chance to get even near the ball.

I don't think he was biased towards Arsenal. He's an awful ref but he was equally bad on both sides.

Could've been an ideal result if Leicester drew, either way we'll have to beat City today.

As a City fan I really dislike that Tottenham displayed to the rest of the league how to beat them especially as they use to be a sure 3 points and lots of goals in the bank. That's karma though.

Tottenham also currently have the team that is best situated to beating City, lots of direct attacking threat, a solid defence and a midfield who quickly get the ball to the attack, basically preventing City from scoring, bypass where city are strongest and hit them where they are weakest. What's worse is I know Pellegrini has nothing up his sleeve and will require everyone to be on form, at least Kompany is back (for now any way).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ref had a bad game, I agree with that. But it went both ways.

1.) You can give the penalty but clear foul on Özil in the build up.
2.) Missed one penalty for Leicester and at least one (in my opinion) for Arsenal.
3.) Red Card was harsh but it was stupid foul when Giroud was through.
4.) Drinkwater should have been sent off. Very bad tackle
5.) I thought 4 minutes was not enoguh stoppage time. It took Leicester one full minute to take a Throw In and it was the same for goalkicks, etc. You can't waste time and then complain about about too much stoppage time.
6.) wasilewski "tackle" was worth a red card too in my opinion. He went with his elbow straight to the head without any chance to get even near the ball.

I don't think he was biased towards Arsenal. He's an awful ref but he was equally bad on both sides.

I agree with you. I'm not saying the ref favoured Arsenal I'm saying he had a bad game and it cost Leicester. The red was the turning point though and it came because of constant pressure from the Arsenal players who were screaming at him every time something happened. I don't like it when any team does that but it especially don't like it when they're trying to get someone sent off.

I agree with you. I'm not saying the ref favoured Arsenal I'm saying he had a bad game and it cost Leicester. The red was the turning point though and it came because of constant pressure from the Arsenal players who were screaming at him every time something happened. I don't like it when any team does that but it especially don't like it when they're trying to get someone sent off.

It came because Simpson made a stupid challenge.

near

Gold Member
As a City fan I really dislike that Tottenham displayed to the rest of the league how to beat them especially as they use to be a sure 3 points and lots of goals in the bank. That's karma though.

Tottenham also currently have the team that is best situated to beating City, lots of direct attacking threat, a solid defence and a midfield who quickly get the ball to the attack, basically preventing City from scoring, bypass where city are strongest and hit them where they are weakest. What's worse is I know Pellegrini has nothing up his sleeve and will require everyone to be on form, at least Kompany is back (for now any way).

Kompany is a major game changer and will have a major affect on the match if he starts. Our style of play is great but we lack creativity in the final third, there isn't a consistent method we use to break the opposition defence. High intensity and pressing coupled with flanking full backs and the occasional direct ball from Toby is generally how we break teams. I'm hoping City come out to play with similar attacking intent to allow a free flowing open game. I think it will be exciting, and I'm hoping Pellegrini's mental state has a bad affect on the match. :p

Kompany is a major game changer and will have a major affect on the match if he starts. Our style of play is great but we lack creativity in the final third, there isn't a consistent method we use to break the opposition defence. High intensity and pressing coupled with flanking full backs and the occasional direct ball from Toby is generally how we break teams. I'm hoping City come out to play with similar attacking intent to allow a free flowing open game. I think it will be exciting, and I'm hoping Pellegrini's mental state has a bad affect on the match. :p

They will be attacking, its all City play at the moment. With the high line Pellegrini likes it suits the attacking third of Tottenham you don't need creativity you just need to float the ball over and be direct, might get a bunch of offsides but like the last game it will work if well executed.

elseanio

One of the worst goals I have seen
KuGsj.gif

"What on Earth??

Liverpool corner drifted in and Kolo Toure, around eight-yards out, no Aston Villa defender anywhere around him, heads the ball home. Actually, he didn't even make an effort to head it, the ball just hit him.

What more can I say?"

BBC being savage as hell today. Hope Benteke can get his goal.

Best wishes.

"What on Earth??

Liverpool corner drifted in and Kolo Toure, around eight-yards out, no Aston Villa defender anywhere around him, heads the ball home. Actually, he didn't even make an effort to head it, the ball just hit him.

What more can I say?"

BBC being savage as hell today. Hope Benteke can get his goal.

Best wishes.

At the moment Benteke couldn't get a goal even if Aston Villa players let him walk into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom