• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

No Leicester are, have been since the start of the new year.
Have you seen our away fixtures? It would be miraculous if we won the league.
I'm not necessarily talking about remaining fixtures because we all know anything can happen in the Premier League. People will point to the fact that Arsenal and City still being in the Champions League lowers their chances of winning the title but we all know that most likely neither of them are going to be in it much longer, Arsenal especially. I'm talking about experience of being in the Top 4 and winning trophies. The way I see it, Man City are the 'best equipped' team in the Top 4 to win the league. They have the 'best players' and they have title winning experience. I mean, would you be shocked at all if City still manage to finish above Spurs and Arsenal? Spurs and Arsenal are experienced bottlers.

You're both right. Leicester are odds on favourites now. Leicester have a 6 point advantage on City. So not finishing above City at least will be their own fault due to not having to play 'Top 4' opposition for the rest of the season. Also, they're out of the FA Cup.

...buuuuuut, who knows how this result will effect them going forward. Other teams can look at how Arsenal played in their two games against them this season. As well as their loss to Liverpool, and Spurs in the Cup.

GHG

Gold Member
Have you seen our away fixtures? It would be miraculous if we won the league.

Yeh we basically need someone to step up, go on a goal scoring run and carry us to the title. Hopefully Sanchez can be that guy and hit form at the right time for us. Our away fixtures are awful. The silver lining is that we have already played Chelsea twice.

Firemind

I'm not necessarily talking about remaining fixtures because we all know anything can happen in the Premier League. People will point to the fact that Arsenal and City still being in the Champions League lowers their chances of winning the title but we all know that most likely neither of them are going to be in it much longer, Arsenal especially. I'm talking about experience of being in the Top 4 and winning trophies. The way I see it, Man City are the 'best equipped' team in the Top 4 to win the league. They have the 'best players' and they have title winning experience. I mean, would you be shocked at all if City still manage to finish above Spurs and Arsenal? Spurs and Arsenal are experienced bottlers.

You're both right. Leicester are odds on favourites now. Leicester have a 6 point advantage on City. So not finishing above City at least will be their own fault due to not having to play 'Top 4' opposition for the rest of the season. Also, they're out of the FA Cup.

...buuuuuut, who knows how this result will effect them going forward. Other teams can look at how Arsenal played in their two games against them this season. As well as their loss to Liverpool, and Spurs in the Cup.
I mean, City only won a title because of an Aguero stoppage time goal.

Godan

Yeh we basically need someone to step up, go on a goal scoring run and carry us to the title. Hopefully Sanchez can be that guy and hit form at the right time for us. Our away fixtures are awful. The silver lining is that we have already played Chelsea twice.

We got dat guy Welbz. He shall carry us to glory.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I don't post in here really but fuck me dead today was a great day of football, I don't regularly watch the gunners for obvious reasons but it was almost as tense for me as the City game.

On an unrelated note, where do you guys get your high res photos of games? I want some new wallpapers for this year.

Arsenal are now the logical, 'on paper', favourites now, right?.

I mean you could say it's logical sure, but on paper??? Nah fam.

I wouldn't be surprised if City came first or second, especially considering the habit of finishing the last few seasons exceptionally strong. But they aren't playing particularly well at the moment worse than last season that's for sure but they have been in this position at this time in a season a few times.

Arsenal are playing consistent with their usual form (points wise) and seeing as this season looks like it is going to end with a low points total that could be a huge benefit to them.

Tottenham who the fuck knows. Same goes for Leicester they are currently anomalies. Leicester are obviously the prime contenders. Tottenham less so but their defence could see them through whereas it will let down City and Arsenal, but they have Cech and Hart who are currently the best keeper in the league and both are capable at dragging their teams through and there is a reason they are the two players that hold the most amount of golden glove awards, they also have other players that can do the same.

valeo

dat penalty pass

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/m...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

This is the most hilarious over the top commentary I've ever heard in my life.

IT'S MAGISTERRRIAAAL! SHAKESPEAREAN!!!

Anyway, as an Arsenal fan this is shaping up to be a great season. But I still think we'll choke; most likely to Spurs at WHL. Leicester and Spurs don't feel the pressure at the moment. We do.

The big thing to our advantage is our squad depth - if a few players go down from Leicester and Spurs then they are basically screwed - we can cover that.

No Leicester are, have been since the start of the new year.

They have the harder fixtures out of the way and sitting pretty. They have the fewest amount of games from all competitions. They have been the most organised and played the best football. If Kante gets injured then it would spell trouble but apart from that it all looks good for them.

With Simpson out and potentially Drinkwater too if he's sighted on review, it will be interesting to see how they go. They have been amazingly lucky with suspensions and injuries so far.

Man what is wrong with Benteke... I knew he wouldn't have fit our system since the whole negotiation process had started last summer.

On a brighter note, I do hope Origi has a future within the squad. In the last few games he had played before getting injured, he was definitely doing well. Hope its just confidence rising within him.

Best wishes.

Well, I'm curious what Kloppo's plan is with Matip.

My Schlacke hate aside, he's a decent player. But nothing more. Don't see him as a improvement on LFC's defense.

qFVd965.jpg

Merino is official!

Let's hope he can be a good Gündogan replacement soon.

You must not have been watching our defence closely.

You must not have been watching Matip closely haha

Was bored waiting on an email and wondered what the PL would look like at the end of the season if the remaining twelve fixtures went the same way as they did in the first.

Leicester 85
Arsenal 82
Manchester City 70
Tottenham 68

Considering at the halfway point Leicester had the figures of 78 with both Arsenal and City very close behind it goes to show how the teams have started the second part of the season.

Well, I'm curious what Kloppo's plan is with Matip.

My Schlacke hate aside, he's a decent player. But nothing more. Don't see him as a improvement on LFC's defense.

Perhaps it is something like we did with Marin (although a less injury prone player). Get someone you think is reasonably decent/has potential in early so you are guaranteed to have someone for next season regardless of how things go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom