• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa would struggle to survive the Championship on this performance.

You know it's bad when everyone's favourite Irish footballer Kol O'Toure scores against you...

King_Moc

Banned
What a dreadful team, what a disgraceful lack of fight.

Positive goal difference

I don't blame them at all. What is there to fight for? An owner that's just going to take whatever TV cash he can get, then sell the best players? I hope he has fun with his TV money and season ticket sales next year, because he's going to be getting fuck all.

I don't blame them at all. What is there to fight for? An owner that's just going to take whatever TV cash he can get, then sell the best players? I hope he has fun with his TV money and season ticket sales next year, because he's going to be getting fuck all.

I expect players to fight for their own pride, for the money they earn, for the people who pay to watch them, for a move even. They don't deserve any support from the fans playing like that, and anyone who buys any of those players is a mug.

£32m bid for Agbonlahor incoming then :p

TeddyBoy

10647028_829256647203585_4860997206853633209_n.jpg

Love is in the air today lads.

Hard to really judge that performance given how bad Villa were, they truly are abject shit. Still, we played well and it was great to see that front 3 together.

It won't get the same attention as Sturridge and Coutinho but i'm very happy to see Origi back as well, he's been excellent since Klopp's come in.

I haven't posted in here for ages. But 6? Even if it is a mismanaged Villa side headed for the drop, it is still a strikingly positive accomplishment. And to think that after last week the mood at the club could be so much different. Good on the owners for admitting their folly, good on the fans for making them see it, and good on the players for responding.

Orbis

Likewise. I want Spurs to win but that is just a really poor penalty call. Oh well, hopefully that doesn't ruin the game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just got up a little while ago and caught the Arsenal - Leicester highlights. My goodness Ramsey is garbaj, Sanchez was equally terrible. But now we can #freewelbs.

Aston Villa is like a dead dog at this point.

Spurs look shook after that goal.

As a neutral it's hard to feel to happy for Spuds when they seem to have the ref and lineman in their pocket.

Can see why Man City were trying to get Pep in though, this City side need something new.

Beefy

He's doing the best job imo, ways to go before I consider him as the best in general.

Only bad thing I see he is ruthlessly ambitious. He will move on from Spurs in a year or two and not really care. He was brilliant for us from the training to the man management on a match day.

shoplifter

Only bad thing I see he is ruthlessly ambitious. He will move on from Spurs in a year or two and not really care. He was brilliant for us from the training to the man management on a match day.

I really don't think he will. He's also very loyal, and in a job where he has near complete authority like at Southampton prior to the chairman (iirc) leaving and currently at Spurs.

On another note, six points from City lol

near

Gold Member
Oh when the Spurs go marching in! :p
What a stressful match.

Edit: Poch is going nowhere. Why would he? lol haters gonna hate.

Beefy

I really don't think he will. He's also very loyal, and in a job where he has near complete authority like at Southampton prior to the chairman (iirc) leaving and currently at Spurs.

On another note, six points from City lol

Soon as a big Spanish team comes in he will go, he would be brilliant for Valencia. Utd would be stupid to not at least try and get him.

near

Gold Member
How is it hating?

A statement like that suggests he's bigger than the club or will be bigger than the club, which he is neither. He has been successful due to the structure of the club and the resources provided for him to succeed. It's a backhanded compliment which is hater talk, not calling you a hater per say, but Poch is obviously the future of Premier League football, and suggesting he'll leave in two or so years with no real evidence to suggest so is well... nonsense.

Beefy

A statement like that suggests he's bigger than the club or will be bigger than the club, which he is neither. He has been successful due to the structure of the club and the resources provided for him to succeed. It's a backhanded compliment which is hater talk, not calling you a hater per say, but Poch is obviously the future of Premier League football, and suggesting he'll leave in two or so years with no real evidence to suggest so is well... nonsense.

Or a opinion. Like everyone posts on a forum? I have nothing against Spurs (when Redknapp wasn't in charge anyways) and think it would be great for the Prem if you or Leicester win. But it would be foolish to think the bigger clubs are aren't looking at Poch. If he carries on how he has done since arriving he will go to a bigger club, it's how it is in football. He moved from us to you because you are a far bigger club. I just hope Madrid don't come in for him as they will ruin him.

Orbis

Looking at the fixture lists, Leicester do have a useful advantage. Arsenal and Spurs have FA Cup and their respective European games, while City also have the League Cup final in addition. Leicester can focus purely on the league.

Additionally Leicester don't play any of Arsenal, City or Spurs so it's all in their own hands. The others will be stealing points off each other.

Syder

Arsenal are now the logical, 'on paper', favourites now, right?

2nd - Spurs are always in danger of 'Spursing it up' as they are known to do despite Pochettino being the best appointment they've made since 'Arry left. We all know they lack depth in certain areas and an injury to Harry Kane could well put their title hopes to bed. A Top 4 place seems cemented though and that should be thoroughly commended.​

4th - Man City are just bland. They could turn up and rip you to shreds 4-0 or they could just as easily lose any match. Vincent Kompany's return puts them in good stead if he can stay in the starting XI but they now have a 6 point deficit to Leicester and they still have to focus on a League Cup Final and Champions League & FA Cup runs.

1st - Leicester are well.. the most entertaining team in the league and have tremendous team spirit and fluidity but this is largely uncharted territory for them and who knows what today's result will do to them. Every neutral is backing this horse and without the FA Cup to worry about they can give 100% in every match between now and the season's finale.​

Arsenal have gotten through injury patches and still kept themselves in the race. They were extremely impressive against Leicester today. Coquelin, Özil and Alexis are now back, as well as a hungry-looking Danny Welbeck. Their defensive and attacking lines have called warranted criticism but they have a decent amount of depth in those positions. I'd really like to see Gabriel given more chances when Mertesacker is put up against the more pacier forwards the league has to offer.

United's result at The Stadium of Light all but seals their fate as a team without Champions League next season. I just can't see how they amass more points between now and the end of the season than the teams above them. The axe hovers above Louis Van Gaal's head again...

That was total shite. That is far too many times it has taken a goal for the team to come to life, and that is far too many times the defence has been left dangling because everyone is going forward. Tottenham deserved that win just for the save at the end.

Arsenal are now the logical, 'on paper', favourites now, right?

No Leicester are, have been since the start of the new year.

They have the harder fixtures out of the way and sitting pretty. They have the fewest amount of games from all competitions. They have been the most organised and played the best football. If Kante gets injured then it would spell trouble but apart from that it all looks good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom