• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Vidal was our best playerin the first game against juve because he played in front of the defense as the sole DM

Why the fuck did pep put him in front of alonso and why the fuck did alonso actually play against a counter attacking team???

Seriously I can't be the only one driven mad by his decisions. Mandzukic laughed at his tactics after the madrid fiasco 2 years ago
He was right all along

Blablurn

tumblr_o45lo4vUkl1v5fifeo1_1280.png

:lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Allegri is prob the shittiest coach I've seen in a awhile, how can you fuck up a 0-2 lead when the other team is playing like shit? Also those subs were laughable, Mandzukic did fuck all. Took out Cuadrado, too. The genius thought parking the bus against Bayern for the last 15 minute was a sound strategy, fuck outta here. Serie A lol.

Syder

How can you fuck up a 0-2 lead when the other team is playing like shit? Also those subs were laughable, Mandzukic did fuck all. Took out Cuadrado, too. The genius thought parking the bus against Bayern for the last 15 minute was a sound strategy, fuck outta here. Serie A lol.
Juve were away from home against one of the best teams in the world without Dybala, Marchisio & Mandzukic. Yes, they had a best case scenario start to the match but Bayern did extremely well to come back.
Allegri is prob the shittiest coach I've seen in a awhile
Just lol.

tim.mbp

Allegri is prob the shittiest coach I've seen in a awhile, how can you fuck up a 0-2 lead when the other team is playing like shit? Also those subs were laughable, Mandzukic did fuck all. Took out Cuadrado, too. The genius thought parking the bus against Bayern for the last 15 minute was a sound strategy, fuck outta here. Serie A lol.

If Evra didn't try to dribble out of the back in the 90th minute, Juve would've won.

El Topo

Pep to win the CL for all the Bayern fans that love him..

I still admire Pep. I've never been as calm following Bundesliga as during these last three years. That said, I don't agree with all his decisions and I think it's time for someone (and something) new.
I think when all is said and done people will look back and agree that, while not unfathomably successful in Champions League, he did nonetheless great.

Same here. I've been saying for a long time the guy is better than Ronaldo.

I've always firmly believed Messi and Ronaldo have been the top 2 the past like what, 5 6 years? But I'd have to put Suarez up there now as well, because or his last 3 seasons. To me he is the only guy to get a foothold on the duo of aliens to this day. I remember when he got 31 BPL goals and no penalties, and shared the golden boot with Ronaldo. 31 goals in The PL isn't for everyone, I thought. Then I went to Wikipedia and see his career stats for goals and noticed that Ajax season - 48 games 49 goals. Back then he had been as close as one got in the last years to the mark reached almost casually by Ronaldo and Messi - 50 goals in a season (and going back 15 years, only Mario Jardel hit 50 goals in a single season), so I thought back then Suarez had the potential to be the one to play at the same level the other 2 were. Right now he kills it. He's on to 50 goals for the first time and it's just not even a surprise anymore. He scores in every way possible, it doesn't fucking matter where you put the ball he'll strike and it's a goal basically. Plus he has this ferocious style, quite the opposite from say, Messi, and it makes it even better to watch his goals. Ibra is easily the 3rd best striker in the last years but only in bursts has managed to be at the top, and even at the top, he still got crushed by Ronaldo in that 3-2 world cup tie playoff. I think Suarez has the ability to up the ante from Ibra and actually be THE best in a given year. I like watching this guy more than Neymar.

If you check my posts here they're usually about Ronaldo, I am a fan of him. I'd like RM to win titles but since that is not possible, because Barcelona as a team and as a club are simply just better, I would like him to still win the Pichichi trophy, as a fan I like him to succeed where possible, but I must say in my mind I've never been so unsure he could win a pichichi battle like this year's. And it's because it's not Messi racing him, it's fucking Luis Suarez. He's a predator, he's like a sniper,born to do that stuff, score goals like it's just another regular day in life.

Just to end, Barcelona signings have been brilliantly picked out. As shown by Suarez himself. Madrid's on the other way... It's been abysmal. Real Madrid's direction are amateurs, Barcelona's are professional. That's the difference.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Juve were away from home against one of the best teams in the world without Dybala, Marchisio & Mandzukic. Yes, they had a best case scenario start to the match but Bayern did extremely well to come back.Just lol.

Bayern were also missing players no? Robben? Probably half the defense, too?

Blablurn

Yes. Also a lot more money. Juve were the underdog and they did an incredible job. If the ref had been more careful, they probably would've advanced.

Alright!

But what is done, is done.

Imagine Boateng and Martineze come back soon.

Imagine.

Okay.

All that didnt help against Barca either.

GHG

Ooooooof, Muller.

tumblr_o45hz5tEXr1uo4zhwo1_500.gif

Look at this filth.

What a player, 2nd best in the world, I'd have him over Ronaldo without a blink and i've been saying that for about 2 years.

EDIT:

Unreal, pure Instinct.

That +1 pound bid though... Just the thought that he could have been ours if we put a serious bid in for him that summer makes my blood boil.

Has Wenger resigned yet?

Suarez is a GOAT, best striker since Henry and Ronaldo. When he left Ajax a stadium full of people turned out just to say goodbye to him, i'm sure the same would have happened at Liverpool if he was given the chance. I miss his attitude just as much as anything, it didn't surprise me at all when Barca won the treble last year, he's got the drive, enthusiasm and borderline deranged will to win to force the best out of anybody, even the likes of Messi.

Just to end, Barcelona signings have been brilliantly picked out. As shown by Suarez himself. Madrid's on the other way... It's been abysmal. Real Madrid's direction are amateurs, Barcelona's are professional. That's the difference.

I'm sure i've read somewhere that Barca only went for Suarez once they were told Aguero would absolutely not be sold, i'd bet they'd feel like idiots thinking about that now. Suarez and Aguero get put in the same bracket a lot because they're both South American, similar and were the two standout strikers in the PL but Suarez is a clear level above, Aguero has never had a season as good as Luis's last one at Liverpool (maybe 2) never mind the 2 he's had at Barca. I remember listening to the Guardians football podcast and one guy was saying he and other journos were coming up with a world best 11 and couldn't decide on a striker between Suarez and Aguero, after weeks of debate they went for Aguero lol. Weeks to come to that conclusion, christ.

Suarez over Aguero every day of the week, only thing Kun has over him is pace.

That +1 pound bid though... Just the thought that he could have been ours if we put a serious bid in for him that summer makes my blood boil.

That bid certainly didn't help but i don't think Jonh Henry would have sold him within the PL anyway, even for crazy money, would have been the dumbest move ever for a team aspiring for CL places.

I'm sure i've read somewhere that Barca only went for Suarez once they were told Aguero would absolutely not be sold, i'd bet they'd feel like idiots thinking about that now. Suarez and Aguero get put in the same bracket a lot because they're both South American, similar and were the two standout strikers in the PL but Suarez is a clear level above, Aguero has never had a season as good as Luis's last one at Liverpool (maybe 2) never mind the 2 he's had at Barca. I remember listening to the Guardians football podcast and one guy was saying he and other journos were coming up with a world best 11 and couldn't decide on a striker between Suarez and Aguero, after weeks of debate they went for Aguero lol. Weeks to come to that conclusion, christ.

Suarez over Aguero every day of the week, only thing Kun has over him is pace.

They are both clearly in the same quality bracket however they are both totally different kind of players.

Aguero is a player who likes to hold the ball, turn and beat players often taking on 4 or 5 players running into strange areas and still managing to get a goal. Often a very indirect player. He is a player that controls the ball with lots of little touches and turns who doesn't really control the field.

Suarez is quick one/two touch player who has excellent perception around him displayed by his dummies, volleys, crosses and positioning. He always pops up in the best places. Often a very direct player. He is a player that controls the field by not playing the ball or going for simplicity, you often see him look like he is going to pass let it roll past him into a better position be on the ball immediately ready to shoot or cross it in for Messi or Neymar.

I think Suarez is better at the moment because his finishing is much better but he also has a lot more time because he isn't a sole striker.

I think Neymar is better than them both though.

Jack cw

You will get Wolfsburg and will like it.

Honestly, I'd like Wolfsburg to get Benfica and troll their way into a semi against us.
But in reality we get PSG, then Real and Barca in the final.
so bayern conctacted ibrahimovics agent...

Makes sense actually.
He is free, has a lot of fight left in his age and Carlo wants him.
Could really give Müller and Lewandowski a break and would perfectly fit in attacking midfield. Basically Pizarro 2.0. Ibra in Bundesliga would be such a great thing.
Sparta wrecking Lazio.
It's sad to see that no Italian team made to the round of the last 8 in CL and EL...

My stomach is on it's arse, i think i hate these games more than i enjoy them.

@GoldenCrow

Same bracket, different level :p. I sound quite dismissive of Aguero in that post and he's obviously world class but as i said he's never performed as well as Suarez did in his last season (or 2) at Liverpool, and he's playing with better players. I used to watch Aguero and be relatively unimpressed because i'd seen the amount of effort and whatever magic Suarez he'd conjured up that weekend. Some of the things he'd do with a football just made me shake my head in utter disbelief, he'd meg at least one player every game as standard.

The biggest gap between them i think is in that mentality and the infectious drive to win, to put it shortly: Swap Aguero and Suarez in 13-14 and Liverpool don't challenge for the league imo, meanwhile City piss all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom