• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyVirus

When is the soonest Leicester could seal the the title? Really can't wait for next season to see how it shapes up.
Spurs could lose tomorrow (stranger things have happened) but I wouldn't count on it. The May 1st/2nd games will be massive and probably decide it. Leicester at Old Trafford and Spurs at Stamford Bridge. So if Leicester can match Spurs there, a home win against Everton will seal it.

I can see Spurs getting 12 points from the remaining 5 games, so it won't be over for a while.

Tubie

I wouldn't get my hopes up tho, Valencia has been sooooo bad this season that I refuse to believe they can beat Barca at the Camp Nou.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Spurs could lose tomorrow (stranger things have happened) but I wouldn't count on it. The May 1st/2nd games will be massive and probably decide it. Leicester at Old Trafford and Spurs at Stamford Bridge. So if Leicester can match Spurs there, a home win against Everton will seal it.

I can see Spurs getting 12 points from the remaining 5 games, so it won't be over for a while.

I can keep dreaming a little longer, but the away at chelsea scares the piss out of me, despite them doing sweet FA this season.

sora87

Problem with barca is they've relied too heavily on the front 3 all season, the squad has no real depth and the defense is average at best

justjohn

Have the players fallen out with Enrique? A few weeks ago they were playing some great football and smashing everyone. This fall in form seems very sudden.

Have the players fallen out with Enrique? A few weeks ago they were playing some great football and smashing everyone. This fall in form seems very sudden.

Its more that Barca have a thin squad, couldn't register players for a year, and have played a ton in the last year. Just worn out. You can say Enrique should have rotated the squad but between the ban and players like Rafinha being injured its been really hard.

justjohn

Its more that Barca have a thin squad, couldn't register players for a year, and have played a ton in the last year. Just worn out. You can say Enrique should have rotated the squad but between the ban and players like Rafinha being injured its been really hard.
I don't know. Their dip in form just came out of nowhere. They were playing great football just a few weeks ago and on course for another treble. Now they look like they're not even trying. Seems like it's more of a behind the scenes thing than tiredness.

Great to see Palace get a point again. That's three games unbeaten in a row now, after that bad run, feels good. Pretty incredible to think that we pretty much guaranteed a fourth consecutive season in the Premier League now. :)

Hehnessy, Delaney and Cabaye were great, Adebayour and Zaha made impacts when they were brought on.

Really happy about this.

Cappa

Banned
Luis Enrique made no subs at all lol.
Who's he going to bring off the bench? Adriano bartra aleix Vidal alves? Ter stegen?

He didn't make any subs because he didn't have any players on the bench worth subbing in which is still poor planning on his part but I wouldn't have made any subs either if I had that shit bench.

Syder

Who's he going to bring off the bench? Adriano bartra aleix Vidal alves? Ter stegen?

He didn't make any subs because he didn't have any players on the bench worth subbing in which is still poor planning on his part but I wouldn't have made any subs either if I had that shit bench.
Pedro probably wishes he were on that bench tonight.

Vidal for Roberto at least. He would have added some energy in the buildup.

Tubie

2RHh57F.png

Barca was 12 points ahead of Atletico just a few weeks ago.

Barcelona that loses 3 games in a row in the competition... Very very strange and it makes me rather sad seeing all the stupid points Real Madrid lost during the season. Imagine being a point short from the title...

Barcelona is still the big favorite for the title imo, despite losing a few times. They have a very easy schedule from now on, I don't think they are going to lose another point in the league.

wat

does he even understand how football works?

Look at the bench, it's a joke imo.
Never understood why Real Madrid and Barcelona (two of the richest clubs in the world) have almost no backup players for the attacking positions. Real Madrid has no replacement for Benzema and Barcelona only has Arda for MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom