• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, La Liga not so Lolliga anymore. Looking really interesting.

Madrid has the hardest fixtures left, imho:
SWviDZJ.png

Meanwhile Atletico:
8jLYwO8.png

And Barca:
kvHM5NM.png

Based on that, the GD and the fact that Barca is out of CL I think they still have the best chance.

panty

It'll be really difficult for Barca to fuck up the league. They have such an easy fixture and dont have to think about the CL which for Real is the main objective always.

Cappa

Banned
Look at the bench, it's a joke imo.
Never understood why Real Madrid and Barcelona (two of the richest clubs in the world) have almost no backup players for the attacking positions. Real Madrid has no replacement for Benzema and Barcelona only has Arda for MSN.
Huh what?no replacement for benzema? Jese does just fine. Not to mention isco and James are basically coming off the bench now. Madrid have one of the deepest benches in the world. Comparing Barcelona to Madrid bench is laughable.

Yup, La Liga not so Lolliga anymore. Looking really interesting.

Madrid has the hardest fixtures left, imho:
SWviDZJ.png

Meanwhile Atletico:
8jLYwO8.png

And Barca:
kvHM5NM.png

Based on that, the GD and the fact that Barca is out of CL I think they still have the best chance.

I do think Barcelona have the best chance but Madrid would win the league in case of a three way tie in points due to the goal differential.

It'll be really difficult for Barca to fuck up the league. They have such an easy fixture and dont have to think about the CL which for Real is the main objective always.

They didn't have to think about the champions league last night when they choked against a Valencia squad they demolished in the Copa del rey and who was fighting to avoid relegation...

Barcelonas fixtures on paper are easier but they'll be facing a deportivo side who always give them trouble and of course the catalán derby vs espanyol

Huh what?no replacement for benzema? Jese does just fine. Not to mention isco and James are basically coming off the bench now. Madrid have one of the deepest benches in the world. Comparing Barcelona to Madrid bench is laughable.

That's why I only talked about Benzema.
James and Isco are no strikers (and their best position is attacking midfielder) and I never found Jesé playing that good after his major injury a few years ago and he's more a winger than a striker anyways.

Real Madrid needs a player like Aguëro, someone who can easily play as a striker and as a winger.

Cappa

Banned
That's why I only talked about Benzema.
James and Isco are no strikers (and their best position is attacking midfielder) and I never found Jesé playing that good after his major injury a few years ago and he's more a winger than a striker anyways.

Real Madrid needs a player like Aguëro, someone who can easily play as a striker and as a winger.
And who goes to the bench? Benzema? Lol

They don't need a striker like Aguëro.

Ronaldo and bale can easily play the 9 position. Having Lucas Vazquez isco James Jesé varane off the bench is a luxury teams would die for. Aguëro is an unnecessary piece to Madrid puzzle. They need to strengthen left back behind Marcelo and cb before they get another striker.

Jack cw

I don't want to start believing yet because if we lose the league by 1 point I will just die.

Honestly, after what Enrique said a couple of weeks ago "If there is one team I don't want to play against, it's us - Only Barca can beat Barca", it's no surprise what happened. Karma is a bitch and I don't like Real but either one Madrid club has to win La Liga now.

Barca never was that arrogant as it is under Enrique. A bit more humility wont hurt them.

RiggyRob

And who goes to the bench? Benzema? Lol

They don't need a striker like Aguëro.

Ronaldo and bale can easily play the 9 position. Having Lucas Vazquez isco James Jesé varane off the bench is a luxury teams would die for. Aguëro is an unnecessary piece to Madrid puzzle. They need to strengthen left back behind Marcelo and cb before they get another striker.

No, Benzema goes to prison.

I agree though, Ronaldo as Real's striker is fine, Bale I wouldn't agree as much but he could probably be ok.

Aguero ain't moving clubs to be a winger.

Jerm411

Arsene...we all love you and what you've done for the club but it's time for you to go...please do the right thing and step aside...otherwise it only ends this way...

CRASH%2BTEST%2BTRAIN.gif

LOicMJA.gif

Beefy

Depends. It doesn't matter who you play, if your team is burnt out/ out of form.

Cappa

Banned
Bit like Ronaldo earlier this season right? Big players get away with shit all the time.
Nothing like Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has done plenty of dirt bag things but he's never taken it to the level Neymar has. Much like Ronaldo, Neymar gets targeted every game and gets absolutely walloped by the defense for his proness to dive.

I've never seen Ronaldo at the end of the match slap some one in the face, Brag that he makes more than them, and then in the tunnel throw a water bottle.

Ronaldo has done shitty things but they are "understandably" heat of the moment mid game antics but they are far from similar.

Be a shame to waste his talents in the role of a winger. He can play the role but he is better in the number 10 position (he pretty much models his play style on Maradona). I think it is a bit of a shame we use him at City as our primary striker due to not having another option that even comes close to his quality in a forward position but as seen with Negrado before he went wobbly give him a traditional number 9 or 7 of quality to play with and that would be something special, give him a number 7 such as Ronaldo and that would be scary. Lucky for City fans he is loyal to his prior clubs so Real would pretty much be a no go.

Beefy

Nothing like Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has done plenty of dirt bag things but he's never taken it to the level Neymar has. Much like Ronaldo, Neymar gets targeted every game and gets absolutely walloped by the defense for his proness to dive.

I've never seen Ronaldo at the end of the match slap some one in the face, Brag that he makes more than them, and then in the tunnel throw a water bottle.

Ronaldo has done shitty things but they are "understandably" heat of the moment mid game antics but they are far from similar.

All players get away with shit. Ronaldo may not slap players after the game but has done during the game. Suarez gets away with kicking and biting, Rooney gets away with calling the ref a cunt every game.

The whole of football needs a change. Diving, abusing the ref and players kicking out etc all need clamping down big time.

There should be a panel for each league that looks at stuff like Neymar did and be able to hand bans.

Diving should be a 2 game ban.

Mouthing or surrounding the ref: first a warning, if they do it again a 1 game ban. After that a heavier ban and fine.

Then the panel should be able to look into incidents on the picture even if the ref has said he has seen them. Then be able to ban that player.

Footballers are meant to be setting a example to children. Not be complete twats.

The whole of football needs a change. Diving, abusing the ref and players kicking out etc all need clamping down big time.

There should be a panel for each league that looks at stuff like Neymar did and be able to hand bans.

I disagree about being examples but I do agree that the type of abuse has become ridiculous and I like players who will do anything to win. Refs are also a big part of the problem. I would like to see head mounted ref cameras with microphone like in rugby to start with. The ref knowing what people can see they are looking at and saying as well as the players knowing that the whole world can hear exactly what they say should make them adjust their behaviour slightly.

Syder

All players get away with shit. Ronaldo may not slap players after the game but has done during the game. Suarez gets away with kicking and biting, Rooney gets away with calling the ref a cunt every game.

Diving should be a 2 game ban.

Mouthing or surrounding the ref: first a warning, if they do it again a 1 game ban. After that a heavier ban and fine.

Then the panel should be able to look into incidents on the picture even if the ref has said he has seen them. Then be able to ban that player.

Footballers are meant to be setting a example to children. Not be complete twats.
Maybe if the establishment in charge of football wasn't a corrupt joke the rest of the sport would sort itself out.

sora87

Just watched match of the day 2, wow, the ref for west ham vs leicester shouldn't be anywhere near prem games, totally out of his depth.
Ogbonna is a right thug, should have been sent off like 3 times. Huth is crazy too.

Shit like this will carry on until they introduce panels that can review things if the ref misses them or even sees it and writes it down, Ogbonna should have a ban now along with Huth.

LNBL

BREAKING: FA charge Leicester City Football Club's Jamie Vardy with improper conduct for his behaviour following sending off against West Ham United FC.

Sky Sports

RiggyRob

BREAKING: FA charge Leicester City Football Club's Jamie Vardy with improper conduct for his behaviour following sending off against West Ham United FC.

Sky Sports

That finger pointing image got a lot of use in various articles.

So Vardy's season is over then, wonder how Leicester will cope without him.

Orbis

That finger pointing image got a lot of use in various articles.

So Vardy's season is over then, wonder how Leicester will cope without him.
Not over, he'll get an extra match ban at worst I reckon. But that means missing the game at Old Trafford.

Syder

Cesc Fabregas' puzzled expression at trying decipher everything Jamie Carragher says on Monday Night Football is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom