• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamela looked offsides but it doesn't really matter that this point. I'd rather see Leicester win but as long as Arensal doesn't somehow get a miracle (lol) then I'm content with either winning.

TeddyBoy

01658434.jpg

shoplifter

So glad I got to work from home this afternoon. Got my kid home from school watching and he's going berserk. Dele Alli is a freaking star.

Syder

As much as I hate Spurs, I fucking love all of their players and their manager. No cunts, no dirty bastards, just talented, hard-working lads.

Clydefrog

What a sexy win (excluding that Alli miss) on a cold night in Stoke!

I read somewhere that Kane has now scored as many goals as Aston Villa this season. lol

It's probably too late to win the title but this season has still been such a huge success. I'm just praying the team can stay together in the off-season. Hands off, Madrid.

24hr

What a sexy win (excluding that Alli miss) on a cold night in Stoke!

I read somewhere that Kane has now scored as many goals as Aston Villa this season. lol

It's probably too late to win the title but this season has still been such a huge success. I'm just praying the team can stay together in the off-season. Hands off, Madrid.

The next game for both Spurs and Leicester will decide what will happen.

Beefy

Leicester need 3 wins to take the title so I remain calm annd happy about finishing above gooners for the first time

STOP GIVING US HOPE

COYSSSSSSSS

I don't mind you winning now Harry Redknapp is no where near your team. I can't blame Poch and Toby wanting to go to a bigger team, so I am not bitter about that.

Jack cw

Bayern could reach the cup final today and might get Dortmund if they win against Berlin. Anyway, I just realized, Bayern is the only club left in Europe that could win the treble. Amazing.

I was at the match last night (Stoke fan) and we were fucking dreadful. Insipid, sluggish, devoid of creativity and defensively weak. We have been for a good few months now and it's nowhere near good enough. I've thrown in the towel with my season ticket next season, just don't enjoy matches and have far better things to be doing with my time.

As for Spurs- fucking hell fire. I've not seen a team more ruthless, aggressive and potent as them for years in the league. Even the the odious shit Danny Rose played a blinder. Some of the best football I've seen for ages. Respect.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I was at the match last night (Stoke fan) and we were fucking dreadful. Insipid, sluggish, devoid of creativity and defensively weak. We have been for a good few months now and it's nowhere near good enough. I've thrown in the towel with my season ticket next season, just don't enjoy matches and have far better things to be doing with my time.

As for Spurs- fucking hell fire. I've not seen a team more ruthless, aggressive and potent as them for years in the league. Even the the odious shit Danny Rose played a blinder. Some of the best football I've seen for ages. Respect.

That booing was such a fucking farce, I just haven't got time for it, tbh it only made them play better.

I mean how can you even open your mouth at a game when you have Charlie cunt Adam on your side wtf.

That booing was such a fucking farce, I just haven't got time for it, tbh it only made them play better.

I mean how can you even open your mouth at a game when you have Charlie cunt Adam on your side wtf.

That's generally how football fans work. He spent a lot of time in the past cheating and diving his way through games against us, therefore he's got a poor reputation that precedes him. This is the same guy that received so much abuse because of his cheating that Tim Sherwood had to sub him off. I don't see what having Adam in the squad has anything to do with us being able to pass judgement on a player.

For the record I've got no time for Adam's reckless nature, nor Huth before him. Anyway, I'd have thought he'd have you lot on side by now simply for this:

So it doesn't happen then?

And I've also just made up the "Aaron Ramsey, he walks with a limp" chant too have I?

Yes our fans still boo Ramsey. Yes Arsenal fans still boo Shawcross. The whole pantomime is loathsome, farcical and needs to die on both sides.

They boo Ramsey because of his shunning of Shawcross' attempts to get in touch and apologise afterwards. At the end of the day he went into a 50/50 (admitidly Shawcross was late after getting his shirt pulled by Bendtner) challenge and came out with a broken leg. He didn't lose it. And the walks with a limp chant. Gallows humour isn't it. When we signed Delap on loan and Rob Elliot broke his leg in a dreadful tackle, we didn't go on to victimise him for years. Just got on with it. Football fans get far too precious.

Let's not forget the amount of booing Arsenal gave him after his return. Deemed to be not good enough by your lot. Nor the chants about Adebayor getting shot. Glass houses and all that...

Liverpool bros, I don't wanna put pressure on you or anything. But you need to win the EL.

You need to save us from Götze returning to Dortmund

pls

I mean, joke aside, where else would Mario go, other than Dortmund? End his career and go to Italy? Some run-of-the-mill EPL club? Maybe PSG? Dortmund would seem like a safe choice and could be beneficial for both.

Kloppo is our only hope really

I must say I'm surprised that there seems to be no interest from Arsenal. Considering they were rumored to have made plenty of bids when he was still at Dortmund. The rumoured
€20-30m should be a rather low-risk transfer for them as well.

You know the deal between him and Dortmund is already done. Rummenigge confirmed it basically.

m8, you should know that I don't listen to Rummenigge

That looks eerily similar to the Trinity statue outside Old Trafford...

That's because it is.

Yes our fans still boo Ramsey. Yes Arsenal fans still boo Shawcross. The whole pantomime is loathsome, farcical and needs to die on both sides.

They boo Ramsey because of his shunning of Shawcross' attempts to get in touch and apologise afterwards. At the end of the day he went into a 50/50 (admitidly Shawcross was late after getting his shirt pulled by Bendtner) challenge and came out with a broken leg. He didn't lose it. And the walks with a limp chant. Gallows humour isn't it. When we signed Delap on loan and Rob Elliot broke his leg in a dreadful tackle, we didn't go on to victimise him for years. Just got on with it. Football fans get far too precious.

Let's not forget the amount of booing Arsenal gave him after his return. Deemed to be not good enough by your lot. Nor the chants about Adebayor getting shot. Glass houses and all that...

I'm not an Arsenal fan. I'd bet good money, though, on Ipswich Town fans not booing Alan Judge the next time he plays here, whether he accepts Luke Hyam's apology or not.

That's because it is.

I'm not an Arsenal fan. I'd bet good money, though, on Ipswich Town fans not booing Alan Judge the next time he plays here, whether he accepts Luke Hyam's apology or not.

Like I said, the whole sorry pantomime is ridiculously tedious and is probably amplified for the dislike of Arsenal and Arsene Wenger (and his past conduct) in the area. And I wouldn't be so sure, there will always be a section of fans that take things personally.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sorry milky, I didn't mean to get aggy, but that booing fucked me off. I know Rose has been a penis at times in the past but the noise they made was overwhelming considering the minor shit he pulled. Especially when compared to what Adam has done to spurs in the past, now that is a bloody deserved grudge.

Luckily the home end emptied out and put a stop to that so we could just play good football.

Atleast now Stoke have a decent reason to be angry at spurs in general eh? ;)

That looks eerily similar to the Trinity statue outside Old Trafford...

That's because it is, and subsequently, why Wilshere is complete and utter tool.

So that is 100 premier league goals for Aguëro (though it was offside). Quickest 100 goal in total amount of games played in the Premier League and second fastest at a single Premier League club (Shearer is 1st). Never won a PFA award or even a team of the season and has only been nominated once for player of the year, bit odd that one.

Blackhead

Redarse
So that is 100 premier league goals for Aguëro (though it was offside). Quickest 100 goal in total amount of games played in the Premier League and second fastest at a single Premier League club (Shearer is 1st). Never won a PFA award or even a team of the season and has only been nominated once for player of the year, bit odd that one.

Because votes for those awards are submitted months before the seasons ends while Man City are rarely ahead in the title race or in their best form until the end of the season.

And, yes, it's very odd to complete voting for awards before the season ends. Most of the Football organizations are full of odd/stupid decisions like this

Because votes for those awards are submitted months before the seasons ends while Man City are rarely ahead in the title race or in their best form until the end of the season.

And, yes, it's very odd to complete voting for awards before the season ends. Most of the Football organizations are full of odd/stupid decisions like this

Well seeing as it really should be based on player performance rather than the club as a whole you would expect him to have been nominated for the last four years then, there isn't a single player in the Premier League that is on the same level since Suarez bounced out. Even when the votes were announced he was one goal behind Kane a Vardy whilst playing 900 mins less (been about the same all season except when he was injured near the beginning). Also why the hell Kane gets a nomination above Dembélé boggles the mind, he is the engine room of that team and has the stats that back it up as well.

TeddyBoy

Well seeing as it really should be based on player performance rather than the club as a whole you would expect him to have been nominated for the last four years then, there isn't a single player in the Premier League that is on the same level since Suarez bounced out. Even when the votes were announced he was one goal behind Kane a Vardy whilst playing 900 mins less (been about the same all season except when he was injured near the beginning). Also why the hell Kane gets a nomination above Dembélé boggles the mind, he is the engine room of that team and has the stats that back it up as well.

Unless you scores goals as a midfielder you're unlikely to be put in the Premier League Team of the Year, it's been that way for a while.

Newcastle are going to get wrecked here, they are playing to open against City.

Blackhead

Redarse

would you? Costa and Kane were on a higher level for the first half of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom