• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

Anyway, what's more important is: who'll be our Hummels replacement?

Is Mustafi actually any good? Is Tah already too much of a Leverkusener? Can we #FreeRüdiger and bring him back? Is there someone good we could steal from Gladbach?

Much more interesting than to wonder why Hummels acts like such a cunt.

I'm biased, but I rate Abraham very high. He has insane pace for his height and is a strong defender. Should be cheap when Frankfurt goes down.

I still don't understand why Hoffenheim could let him go.

edit: 29, not sure if Dortmund want that.

I'm biased, but I rate Abraham very high. He has insane pace for his height and is a strong defender. Should be cheap when Frankfurt goes down.

I still don't understand why Hoffenheim could let him go.

edit: 29, not sure if Dortmund want that.
Well, hard to see him being anything more than a squad player at best.

DerZuhälter;202143791 said:
Knoche from Wolfsburg might be a target. Only has a year left, got rotated out of the first team this year and is still young. Süle is another prospect but I honestly can't rate his performance properly.
Tah would be amazing but his contract runs till 2020.
Toprak would be the expensive option.
Knoche can't even make it in Wolfsburg, I don't see it. Süle and Brooks could be worth a gamble but I'm not entirely convinced of either. Toprak would be okay, but I really don't want him to be honest.

Yeah, why would we start badmouthing Tuchel now? Tuchel helped him become a better captain, Hummels even said that.

not trying to be a dick, but Tuchel always rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't seem like a straight shooter. Don't trust him.
He'll be the next to go to Bayern after Carlo.
The way he jerked around Hamburg for six months, the way he treated players in Mainz, the way he left Mainz. He's a rat. Trust me. He's the next in line to break Dortmund's heart.

Elchele

DerZuhälter;202146611 said:
not trying to be a dick, but Tuchel always rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't seem like a straight shooter. Don't trust him.
The way he jerked around Hamburg for six months, the way he treated players in Mainz, the way he left Mainz. He's a rat. Trust me. He's the next in line to break Dortmund's heart.

Yeah, I agree.

T-Rex.

Banned
Yeah, I'm happy enough. I'm thinking Studge for Firminho at 60 mins, hell, maybe for Bentekkers if we just keep crossing
Definitely. 0-0 would be a risky result to take back to Anfield so we really need an away goal just for a bit of peace of mind.

Edit: Ibe on, hmm. Please don't let Coutinho be injured.

Heard spontaneous "Jeder Hummels ist ein Hurensooohn" in Dortmund city today.
Every Hummels is a son of a bitch (I guess incl. his father and brother).

This American commentator's saying that a point out of this game would be a decent result. Three would be even better.

I don't think he realises this is a Europa League semi-final.

DerZuhälter;202146611 said:
Well, see, that's just as crazy :lol

I'm not expecting Tuchel to stay longer than his current contract. Look at any club, coaches staying as long as Kloppo did and being as awesome as Kloppo is, is not normal. If Tuchel stayed for three years and did well, that's quite the achievement after Klopp. And Tuchel coaching Bayern will probably happen at some point if he doesn't start to suck hard in the future considering how young he is. Why should I care?

But yeah, back to the main point. Hummels potentially leaving because Tuchel potentially is a rat. Well, that's too vague for me.

Elchele

I'm not expecting Tuchel to stay longer than his current contract. Look at any club, coaches staying as long as Kloppo did and being as awesome as Kloppo is, is not normal. If Tuchel stayed for three years and did well, that's quite the achievement after Klopp. And Tuchel coaching Bayern will probably happen at some point if he doesn't start to suck hard in the future considering how young he is. Why should I care?

But yeah, back to the main point. Hummels potentially leaving because Tuchel potentially is a rat. Well, that's too vague for me.

I think he left because Klopp left. A lot of players owed a lot to Klopp, and loved him for all he did for the club and their careers and he looks like a great human bean overall. I guess the atmosphere is not the same anymore, specially for the "old guard" (Hummels, Subotic, Weidenshit, etc).

I doubt Hummels would move if Klopp was still in charge. Not trying to say Tuchel is on fault

I guess he's holding a grudge against him because Tuchel rejected HSV.

SZ says Bayern want to trade Götze for Hummels + additional transfer fee, however, Watzke is planning on getting Götze back for free in 2017, Lewandowski style. I'd still despise that cunt, but that would be hilarious.

It also says that if Bayern don't cough up the dough (in the ballpark of 40m euros), Hummels will be forced to stay. Which I think is unrealistic at this point. And this is probably the real reason behind the PR bs by Hummels_es. It's a way of making sure that BVB is more inclined to sell him due to fan hostility.

Tbh 40m would be pretty good for that cunt. At the end of the day we may even improve defensively.

T-Rex.

Banned
Some of our players are so dumb. Do everything right for 90 minutes and then get caught out of position right at the end. Pls y.

Not the end of the world though.

Tawpgun

1-0 loss away isn't too bad, just sucks because it seems like they were playing well.

An anfield win is likely if they keep up and improve. Just can't let them score.

TeddyBoy

I think we're finished now, a good chance we'll concede at Anfield so we'd have to score 3 against this lot.

If only Moreno made a pass instead instead trying to score himself :(

Floody

Lol, wouldn't be Liverpool without us fucking it up at the end, not too bothered though, could have easily been 2-0, with a striker at Anfield we can beat them.

brentech

Really hate that decision to play it back and boot forward with such little time to remain. Why go from having possession to 50/50 chance in that situation. Villarreal had them on the back feet those last minutes, just seems like an extremely poor decision giving the circumstances.

Firmino looked to lose the ball at this feet every time he had it. Ibe just looked lost.

That was a missed chance at 0-0 and fucking disaster at 1-0. So negative for the whole game for no reason. Don't see why Klopp didn't go for the win past 75 minutes they were not really a threat, their best chance came from Ibe being a useless twat.

SZ says Bayern want to trade Götze for Hummels + additional transfer fee, however, Watzke is planning on getting Götze back for free in 2017, Lewandowski style. I'd still despise that cunt, but that would be hilarious.

It also says that if Bayern don't cough up the dough (in the ballpark of 40m euros), Hummels will be forced to stay. Which I think is unrealistic at this point. And this is probably the real reason behind the PR bs by Hummels_es. It's a way of making sure that BVB is more inclined to sell him due to fan hostility.

Tbh 40m would be pretty good for that cunt. At the end of the day we may even improve defensively.
That just sounds like a lot of crap to strengthen our bargaining position, really.

40m is absurd with just one year left and everybody should know that. Same thing with Götze if he wants to come back and we are really interested. I don't see why Götze would want to spend another year on the bench. And it would be bad for us well. Götze either wastes another year or he makes the breakthrough under Carlo, signs a new contract and tells us to fuck off.

It's basically just saying that if Bayern wants to fuck with us over Hummels' fee, we will do the same with Götze. But I'm not sure that they'd even care lol. In the end, they'll pay around 25m and we'll maybe sign Götze (for a slightly lower fee).

Floody

Villarreal don't concede a lot of goals, tho.

We nearly scored a few with no striker on, so they aren't perfect, more worried about us being able to stop them from scoring then I am us being able too, will definitely be tough game.

Do wonder why Klopp didn't play Sturridge though, why take our by far best striker and not even play him.

That just sounds like a lot of crap to strengthen our bargaining position, really.

40m is absurd with just one year left and everybody should know that. Same thing with Götze if he wants to come back and we are really interested. I don't see why Götze would want to spend another year on the bench. And it would be bad for us well. Götze either wastes another year or he makes the breakthrough under Carlo, signs a new contract and tells us to fuck off.

It's basically just saying that if Bayern wants to fuck with us over Hummels' fee, we will do the same with Götze. But I'm not sure that they'd even care lol. In the end, they'll pay around 25m and we'll maybe sign Götze (for a slightly lower fee).

I dunno, 40m is not impossible. They're desperate for him, apparently. Not in a year, right now.
I agree with your assessment of the Goatze situation. It's unrealistic and I really don't want him anywhere near here, but us pulling a Lewandowski on the Bavarian vultures would be great. Even if he spends the next season in the stands, lol.

Meanwhile watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNliIzMeySk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom