• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atletico Madrid kicking out the 2 favorites.

Hopefully we get an all Spanish finale in the CL and Europa League. England has all the money, but in Europe it's again the Spanish teams that dominate.

Man the lineup Bayern had today was way better than the first game they used. :/ well until next Champions league under Ancelotti. Just Bundesliga title left and DFB Cup.

skynidas

Banned
in1LL3h.gif

lmao

MrKaepora

I had this feeling when we played against Bayern and here it is again.

Are Bayern supporters always this quiet? When their team need them the most the stadium was silent and I could even ear the Atletico fans.

Dude's an ass. Can't believe everyone in Spain keep sucking his dick.

They know he's an ass, but look at the results. He's taking prices in a league where you got Barcelona and Real Madrid as opponents and has 2 times been in the CL finale with a team that has a limited budged if you compare it to the other teams.

He's a world class manager/trainer, but he isn't perfect.

I used to like Atletico and I'm not a huge fan of Bayern anymore, but this was kind of pathetic. I'm definitely against Atletico in the final...

Might as well take a look at the table.
Dortmund pushed them alot this season, they couldn't afford major fuck ups.
Compared to the year before, where they were already miles ahead of the competition.

"Pushed a lot" = 5 points down

Just look at the top of the table in La Liga to see what pushing a lot means.

spidye

Can somebody explain to me why are all Bayerns shortcomings are assigned to pep?
Worse results and playing style with a much better squad than 2013

Wrong transfers wth players like bernat, benatia and and letting players like schweinsteiger mandzukic and gomez go

Look at the last three years. I think we got worse with each passing year. This is demonstrated when you look at the bundesliga table. Lowest amount of points since 2013

Pep pls, really should have done better with this team/squad.

look at the squad
even Magath would get something better out of it

Maybe you should look at the performance of the players themselves than assigning 100% of the blame to Pep for every match. Most of the star players, whose performances Bayern fans constantly rave about in the Bundesliga, were outright poor.

Don't understand how you can rate players like Costa then at the same time, blame Pep for the way he played today. Or Muller missing a penalty and Boateng being caught out.

Müller's penalty and overall lack of consistency in Bayern's play have slowed down the team and, it seems, also sapped the moral of the players.
This is a deep issue. It could be solved with Pep escaping to ManCity, but it could get worse. Ancelotti is an older man and it remains to be seen if he can contain the egos of his players.

la_briola

Worse results and playing style with a much better squad than 2013

Wrong transfers wth players like bernat, benatia and and letting players like schweinsteiger mandzukic and gomez go

Look at the last three years. I think we got worse with each passing year.

Trading Schweinsteiger for Vidal was a good deal. Lewa for Mandzukic too.

Bernat and Benatia I agree.

Gomez? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom