• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

You Bayern fans don't know how good you have it at the moment.

Try having Wenger for the last 5 years. At least your football has been consistently exciting and your managers make an effort during transfer windows.

bjaelke

"Today ugly football - Atletico - played against the best football in the world. The only time they saw the ball was for the goal," he [Vidal] claimed.

"They are going to be dreaming about us right up to the final. They did not have the ball, they took on the best team in the world, they took their chances and got to the final.

"The best does not always win in football, like today. They are not deserved finalists."
xeimqbW.gif

Jack cw

Try having Wenger for the last 5 years. At least your football has been consistently exciting and your managers make an effort during transfer windows.
You are right of course, we nitpick but somehow since Pep came a kind of irrational expectation about winning everything started in the minds of many supporters. I guess all the success in the last couple of years was too much for us. Humility is something everybody outside the club lost. I won't complain though, the team played phenomenal yesterday and was unlucky. Happens. Now we have two titles to win and maybe Ancelotti is the one who leads us to the promised land. Doubt it though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"Today ugly football - Atletico - played against the best football in the world. The only time they saw the ball was for the goal," he [Vidal] claimed.

"They are going to be dreaming about us right up to the final. They did not have the ball, they took on the best team in the world, they took their chances and got to the final.

"The best does not always win in football, like today. They are not deserved finalists."

I think Trump has ruined the word "best" for me. I just read this in his voice.

Also, one shall never mention the words "ugly football" while playing in a German team.

Can't take Vidal serious when his antics over the past few years (and even as recent as a few weeks ago) have been more dirty/ugly than anything I've seen from Atletico players.

I'm surprised none of the Bayern lot have brought up Ribery. His run off to the right flank then into a striker position was pretty much instrumental to the Atletico goal. When he did that Koke went central and Bayern shifted to cover his wander. The team was unbalanced at the point of the Bayern error and Koke helped overload the centre and got the ball to Griezmann. Throughout the whole game Ribery pretty much let the team down, overly heavy balls, always losing it to Koke, passes off target. At least up until that point he created the space for errors to happen without much threat. I don't know if he was instructed to do that but I noticed it the second it happened as it was a really odd movement, I also noticed it took the other Bayern players by surprise as they scrambled to cover him

Elchele

I'm surprised none of the Bayern lot have brought up Ribery. His run off to the right flank then into a striker position was pretty much instrumental to the Atletico goal. When he did that Koke went central and Bayern shifted to cover his wander. The team was unbalanced at the point of the Bayern error and Koke helped overload the centre and got the ball to Griezmann. Throughout the whole game Ribery pretty much let the team down, overly heavy balls, always losing it to Koke, passes off target. At least up until that point he created the space for errors to happen without much threat. I don't know if he was instructed to do that but I noticed it the second it happened as it was a really odd movement, I also noticed it took the other Bayern players by surprise as they scrambled to cover him

Most likely Pep's instructions. You're talking about a guy whose tactics were moving Shaqiri to ST position and Mandzukic to LW position.

Cappa

Banned
I find it hilarious that people are calling guardiola a failure lol.

I hate Bayern I hate pep even more but to call him a failure is just stupid and if you are a Bayern fan and call him a failure you deserve a shit manager next year.

I find it hilarious that people are calling guardiola a failure lol.

I hate Bayern I hate pep even more but to call him a failure is just stupid and if you are a Bayern fan and call him a failure you deserve a shit manager next year.
BVB made it to more finals than Bayern in the time Pep was in charge. #Fraudiola

We will see what Fruadiola is all about when he's at city next season.
I am no oracle, but... you 'd better not have high hopes. The Guardiola in change in Munich was a self-centric individual. Having him as a coach right after a paternalistic figure like Pellegrini might rub the players the wrong way. I can envisage another Bayern-scenario with him in charge in Manchester (which in absolte terms was far from being terrible).

Gündogan missed training again today. He's has missed so often this year, I don't think his body is made for long-term pro football.

If we get €25m from City, it's daylight robbery.

Even more hilarious that he somehow managed to win much more titles than BVB. Not a fact to bragg with, Milch.

This obvious argument was expected. And as experts agree, it must be regarded as wrong.

Bundesliga titles don't count if one team signs more than one player from a direct rival. The club world cup stuff gets accredited to Heynckes because everyone knows it's a joke competition to fuck with CL winners. This leaves the following relevant titles:

BVB: 2 supercups
Bayern: 1 DFB cup

Showing, Pep's tenure at Bayern has to be considered as a failure.

Don't know what's so pathetic about their game. They just played really defensively, which never really looks that attractive, but can be really efficient. Bayern delivered over 30 shots tonight of which a dozen were on goal.

The part where the coach hit the referee and the players starting to undress before leaving when they were subbed is as pathetic as it gets. I don't mind defensive play, but here it was not really football...

Fdkn

The part where the coach hit the referee and the players starting to undress before leaving when they were subbed is as pathetic as it gets. I don't mind defensive play, but here it was not really football...

he wasn't the referee, he was an atletico assistant.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Yeah stop being whiney babies....
he wasn't the referee, he was an atletico assistant.
Wasn't it the fourth official?

Chelsea and Spurs charged by the FA

Dembele is probably going to end up with more than a 3 game ban for the eye-gouge on Costa

No word yet if Cesc was charged for the dick slap.... lol
I'd love it, but I highly doubt it without a clear bit of media showing it.

I am no oracle, but... you 'd better not have high hopes. The Guardiola in change in Munich was a self-centric individual. Having him as a coach right after a paternalistic figure like Pellegrini might rub the players the wrong way. I can envisage another Bayern-scenario with him in charge in Manchester (which in absolte terms was far from being terrible).

The press seems to have a higher expectations than City fans. I don't really know what to expect. This will be the first time he is actually been given a club to do almost whatever he likes with and a huge sum of money to use. New branding comes in, the academy system changes, the medical and training staff is getting switched up, most likely an entirely new team or teams, they are just the changes that have been announced already. All I know is a lot is going to change going into next season and even more the seasons after.

If you can be considered a fraud for winning 19 trophies in 7 years as a manager then the expected standards might be a bit unrealistic. It's like the time United fans called Sir Alex Ferguson a fraud for only winning two champions league trophies in 27 years… Oh yeah that never happened because they didn't completely lose the plot and managed to retain a sense of perspective.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Thats Dembele's season over then.

The battle for 2nd place just got interesting.

Alli's out too because he's banned for punching someone

Saints will probably get pumped on the weekend because Spurs will be out to prove a point but it should be a good match. Lots still to play for.

---

edit: on the wage bill stuff. Sunderland, Newcastle and Villa are above the likes of Saints, West Ham and Leicester. they fucked up.

GHG

Alli's out too because he's banned for punching someone

Saints will probably get pumped on the weekend because Spurs will be out to prove a point but it should be a good match. Lots still to play for.

Southampton ae in good form and Mane is making his usual appearance in the run up to the summer transfer window. It's not crazy to think that both them and Newcastle can get results against a makeshift Spurs team.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Dembele could be looking at a 10 Match ban I'm hearing in rumour mill

Oh my god

Thats Dembele's season over then.

The battle for 2nd place just got interesting.

Alli, Dembele... Think Lamela will be fine

Rose, Alderweireld could both be out for injury although Toby should be alright

Southampton Unbeaten in last 4 games Home record W10 D3 L5

Can't see Arsenal beating city though so we can take a loss at St Mary's

Great to see Danny Ings back in training.

Klopp also confirmed Can is in the squad for Villarreal, Henderson might not play for the rest of the season, but should be fit for the European Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom