• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
Maybe you should look at the performance of the players themselves than assigning 100% of the blame to Pep for every match. Most of the star players, whose performances Bayern fans constantly rave about in the Bundesliga, were outright poor.

Don't understand how you can rate players like Costa then at the same time, blame Pep for the way he played today. Or Muller missing a penalty and Boateng being caught out.
In general his reign won't be seen as a success. I'm not saying everything is his fault, but the team is weaker than it was when he took over. After the players he's bought and the money he's spent that's on him. I'm saying this as a massive Pep fan btw.

Müller's penalty and overall lack of consistency in Bayern's play have slowed down the team and, it seems, also sapped the moral of the players.
This is a deep issue. It could be solved with Pep escaping to ManCity, but it could get worse. Ancelotti is an older man and it remains to be seen if he can contain the egos of his players.

Give it 3 months before Fraudcelloti is a thing.

I used to like Atletico and I'm not a huge fan of Bayern anymore, but this was kind of pathetic. I'm definitely against Atletico in the final...
Don't know what's so pathetic about their game. They just played really defensively, which never really looks that attractive, but can be really efficient. Bayern delivered over 30 shots tonight of which a dozen were on goal.

Pennywise

"Pushed a lot" = 5 points down

Just look at the top of the table in La Liga to see what pushing a lot means.

Barca was 9 points ahead of Atletico and 10 points of Real.
There never was such a big gap between Bayern and Dortmund...
Barca just fucked it up themselves.

Same thing can be said about Dortmund, but 5 points isn't that much of a difference.
Last year everyone saw that Bayern we're partially in holiday mode due the league having no compeition.
So it's hardly comparable to this year, where Dortmund was always pushing them.

That's just no fucking argument.

Trading Schweinsteiger for Vidal was a good deal. Lewa for Mandzukic too.

Bernat and Benatia I agree.

Gomez? :lol
In Guardiola's defence, he also inherited a team who had earned everything that there was to earn. The same team got then one, and then two, and three year older.
Also, despite their excellent start, Coman and Douglas Costa seem to have never really grown into the pillars of the team upfront, as it was demonstrated today with Coman's complete lack of composure in the final minutes.

spidye

The fuck am I reading?
Heynckes got a team with players like olic tymoschuk and altintop from van gaal and took it to the final in his first year

Perdpective is a nice thing

SkylineRKR

Simeone is a winner. He's dirty, yes. But he's always giving it all, both as a player and as a coach. And it works as Atletico is in its second CL final in 3 years.

Tubie

No Benzema or Casemiro for Madrid tomorrow, and I don't care what Ronaldo says, I bet he's still injured too but playing anyway.

City has a more than 50% chance of getting to the final.

No Benzema or Casemiro for Madrid tomorrow, and I don't care what Ronaldo says, I bet he's still injured too but playing anyway.

City has a more than 50% chance of getting to the final.

Casemiro is probably your biggest loss right there, ouch. City apparently have Toure fit, which would potentially be a good thing for you guys.

b8ZNkt2.png

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Cesc Fabregas allegedly triggered a tunnel bust-up at the end of Chelsea’s stormy 2-2 draw with Tottenham which left both clubs facing heavy punishment from the Football Association.

Fabregas could also be in the dock after being accused of instigating further ugly scenes as the players left the pitch after the final whistle.

Standard Sport has been told the Chelsea midfielder began goading members of Tottenham’s backroom staff in a mixture of Spanish and English provoking a reaction which led Blues interim boss Guus Hiddink to fall to the ground in a collision with Tottenham’s Danny Rose as he waded in to protect Fabregas.

Eyewitnesses claim Fabregas jabbed at least one Tottenham backroom staff member in their genitals, sparking a furious response in the tunnel.

Saucy saucy sauces make for a big fat fuck you to fabregas

spurs are fucking scum, what an embarrassing team to support.

http://m.fcupdate.nl/video/12010/hiddink-naar-de-grond-geduwd-in-opstootje-met-spurs/

Dutch site, But the video of Guus being pushed.

If there is justice, the Spurs get points deducted for this joke of a game.

Fuck Spurs, that's all. It's not exactly like pushing 69 year olds into the dugout, making them fall down is a likable thing to do either.

https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/727290495651708928
lei.png

Any opinions on Martinez? I just keep forgetting that the guy exists

He was really impressive in Spain, but has had some injuries recent years.

I'm not following Bayern closely enough to give an up to date opinion, but he certainly has the potential to be an amazing defender/midfielder.

Worse results and playing style with a much better squad than 2013

Wrong transfers wth players like bernat, benatia and and letting players like schweinsteiger mandzukic and gomez go

Look at the last three years. I think we got worse with each passing year. This is demonstrated when you look at the bundesliga table. Lowest amount of points since 2013

What's your opinion about Ancelotti?

Jarnet87

Müller's penalty and overall lack of consistency in Bayern's play have slowed down the team and, it seems, also sapped the moral of the players.
This is a deep issue. It could be solved with Pep escaping to ManCity, but it could get worse. Ancelotti is an older man and it remains to be seen if he can contain the egos of his players.

As the years have passed I think Ancelotti has been more willing to play to the strengths of his players rather then force a style on them.

sora87

Very happy to see Dortmund Munich go out tonight, hope Atletico go on and win it, totally deserve it over man city or real.

spidye

What's your opinion about Ancelotti?

I'll admit I don't know him that much. from what I've read players love him and he's more like Heynckes in terms of tactics

and fraudiola got schooled pretty hard by carlo two years ago. gave him the biggest loss in bayern's history at home in a cl match.

I think costa and coman will greatly benefit from him.

oh and to bayern gaf: pls put me on ignore if my posts about fraudiola hurts your feelings. I'm not going to stop

Fdkn

I'll admit I don't know him that much. from what I've read players love him and he's more like Heynckes in terms of tactics

and fraudiola got schooled pretty hard by carlo two years ago. gave him the biggest loss in bayern's history at home in a cl match.

oh and to bayern gaf: pls put me on ignore if my posts about fraudiola hurts your feelings. I'm not going to stop

I said this before and I say it again now: You'll miss Pep when you see how Ancelotti ruins your team. Dortmund could actually win the bundesliga next year

And I hate Pep.

spidye

I said this before and I say it again now: You'll miss Pep when you see how Ancelotti ruins your team. Dortmund could actually win the bundesliga next year

And I hate Pep.

you never said why. is there a good read or article about his time in madrid?

Chj7EUzWwAAhJ1C.jpg

now it bothers me even more that this piece of shit human being announced his managerial position in the middle of the fucking season

Really? I thought he was the best player at City.

Depends how he is used really, still got a crazy amount of quality but age is a bitch. When used in a holding or defensive role then City have BIG problems as he doesn't have the pace to track or press which he never really had anyway, he also likes to take his time so can often get caught out. In an attacking or feeding position with players covering his weakness then he can rip teams open with some ridiculous passes, feeding forwards in a packed defence is what he is best at. If teams are wary of him just moving slightly off the box will take a defensive player out of the box, if not he will smash them in (not much this season though). Everyone thinks of him for his runs and shots but his passing is by far his best attribute. City go up a few attacking gears as he runs the entire play and is also a goal threat. If it is an open game and he is in an attacking role he will be a threat to Real if anything else than this he will be a liability for City.

I'm thinking as he is coming back from injury, he will be a sub in place for one of the wingers. I expect to see the same starting line-up as last week but with Sterling in place of Silva, and Toure will replace Sterling or Navas at 60 mins.

And I hate Pep.

What team has Ancelotti ever ruined? He doesn't value the league as much as Europe but Carlo's teams are always tranquil. Perez made a huge mistake in forcing him out of Madrid.

Fdkn

you never said why. is there a good read or article about his time in madrid?

It's hard to find articles saying the bad things about him because his #1 priority is always to be on good terms with the press. Even after he left, we had the spanish press clamoring for him during months this season because they really missed the 'proximity' with the team.

In a few words, players love him because he basically leaves them do whatever they want, both inside and outside the pitch. And I don't know about Bayern, but in Madrid that is... a terrible thing to do.

He was forced by the press (or by his fear to the press) to make Casillas play when he should've already retired. He almost broke Keylor Navas in his second season... smh. When he arrived we had the best counterattack in the world, after some months we couldn't even try to make one. It was like regressive training. Everytime we reached the UCL semifinals, the team thought "yeah this is it, we win 3 games and the season is saved" and they threw away the league without even trying. Watching those last months of both seasons was very painful. I could keep going with this >.>

The first year we got lucky and won the CL (despite of him imo) but luck only gets you so far. There's a reason why on his long career as a top european clubs manager he only achieved 1 Calcio with Milan in 6 years (and that Milan was the best team in the world by far), 1 PL with Chelsea and 1 League One with PSG (losing that league was actually an achievement and you can't say PSG has missed him either).

He's been carried by top players the last 15 years, but to win a league you need more than good players because you need to be competitive every game and not ~7 times a season.

He's very polite, but you will never see a unexpected tactic for an important game or a winning substituion from him. He will be also remembered as the guy who was 3-0 after 45' on a CL final and managed to lose it.

On the bright side, your squad is so good that with luck anything is possible. And luck is really something he doesn't lack.

What team has Ancelotti ever ruined? He doesn't value the league as much as Europe but Carlo's teams are always tranquil. Perez made a huge mistake in forcing him out of Madrid.

Oh c'mon, is that a joke? He could win if he wanted, he just didn't. SMH

All players love him, he's the type of manager Guus Hiddink etc is. He's not a manager who things that the players are little children. The players will be delighted with him after 3 years of crazy Pep.
Some supporters like the managers who act like crazy like Mourinho, Pep, Simeone, Klopp,... who 'show their commitment to the team' by acting like fools before the bench.
But I like the managers who just act as normal people like Ancelotti, Wenger or Hiddink for that matter. I watch football for the players, not for the managers.
(/rant ;) )

I still hate Perez for letting him go a at Real. Don't know why Fdkn is saying that Ancelotti is going to ruin the team. He always did a good job at probably the most difficult teams in the world (Chelsea, Real Madrid and PSG at the beginning of the sugar daddy takeover).
He could have easily worked for 10 years at Real Madrid, but for some reason supporters and the president at Real Madrid are thinking that changing a manager almost every year is a good thing.

He's imo probably the perfect manager for a team like Bayern. He has shown that he can handle the pressure at a big club and get results.

It's hard to find articles saying the bad things about him because his #1 priority is always to be on good terms with the press. Even after he left, we had the spanish press clamoring for him during months this season because they really missed the 'proximity' with the team.

In a few words, players love him because he basically leaves them do whatever they want, both inside and outside the pitch. And I don't know about Bayern, but in Madrid that is... a terrible thing to do.

He was forced by the press (or by his fear to the press) to make Casillas play when he should've already retired. He almost broke Keylor Navas in his second season... smh. When he arrived we had the best counterattack in the world, after some months we couldn't even try to make one. It was like regressive training. Everytime we reached the UCL semifinals, the team thought "yeah this is it, we win 3 games and the season is saved" and they threw away the league without even trying. Watching those last months of both seasons was very painful. I could keep going with this >.>

The first year we got lucky and won the CL (despite of him imo) but luck only gets you so far. There's a reason why on his long career as a top european clubs manager he only achieved 1 Calcio with Milan in 6 years (and that Milan was the best team in the world by far), 1 PL with Chelsea and 1 League One with PSG (losing that league was actually an achievement and you can't say PSG has missed him either).

He's been carried by top players the last 15 years, but to win a league you need more than good players because you need to be competitive every game and not ~7 times a season.

He's very polite, but you will never see a unexpected tactic for an important game or a winning substituion from him. He will be also remembered as the guy who was 3-0 after 45' on a CL final and managed to lose it.

On the bright side, your squad is so good that with luck anything is possible. And luck is really something he doesn't lack.

Wow, this is some post allright. Winning the CL 3 times is apparently all luck, but everything he lost (for example the 3-0 CL final) is off course all his fault.
And you are also criticizing his tactics, but I would suggest that everyone watches Bayern Munchen-Real Madrid from a few years ago, it's a masterclass in tactics, but again, it was probably all luck and the players did whatever they wanted inside the field.

He's probably the most lucky person alive.

Fdkn

Don't know why Fdkn is saying that Ancelotti is going to ruin the team

First season he couldn't win a single match agains barça and atletico on the league (1 out of 12 points against direct rivals) plus he let them throw away the end of the season because only the CL mattered or something

Second season he did 4 out of 18 points against the top 4 teams of the league, and then threw away the league again

That's the very deffinitiion of a manager that gets outplayed by good teams consistently. Winning against Levante and Deportivo is something any manager can do with Madrid.

It's remarkable that those two matches against Bayern on the CL he used the way of playing he despised the whole season before that moment, only to go back to that trashy 4-3-3 with no defensive midfield the next season again.

A guy with no experience like Zidane is matching and may even surpass his performance here in 5 months. And no, Zidane is not a top manager yet.

but I would suggest that everyone watches Bayern Munched-Real Madrid from a few years ago, it's a masterclass in tactics, but again, it was probably all luck and the players did whatever they wanted inside the field.

Yeah, I already touched this topic, but those two matches we played like we did with Mou the 3 years before. And when I finally thought "he finally learned that our team is made to play this way" he never did it again.

Carlo's love of European competition first isn't exactly a secret. The title of his autobiography even jokes about it. He's not a perfect coach but will be a good fit for Bayern. After all of Guardiola's jerking the players around, they will have a steady position and know what is expected of them.

18342113._UY200_.jpg

panty

Just like someone above said Ronaldo will play tonight eventhough I don't think he's fully fit. Casemiro on the other hand is a loss, he's been pretty solid in recent matches.

It's going to be a tough game tonight

14622714768513.jpg

GHG

Even if Ronaldo is half fit he will still roast Kompany.

What are the odds on Aguero NOT scoring tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom