• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

I hope Mourinho comes out and says he picked the wrong team and we didn't press enough on Everton's midfield.

I hate Naismith.

Aegus

Looks like the Scottish league has a bit of competition this year too! Aberdeen 2 points clear at the top with a game in hand!

Work should be fun on Monday with one of my colleagues who is an avid Celtic fan coming up to my office (in Aberdeen) that day.

I don't know what else he can say? We let Naismith go for every single goal. No excuses.

He's picking out of form players every single game. No excuses.

He will probably say we played better the result gave us credit and we deserved more.

Need big changes for the CL game, Rahman, RLC, Willian, Oscar in i'd say, maybe even Remy,

Moobabe

it's quite strange what's happening with chelsea. it's like every single player is out of form. at once.

Which is why it's even more frustrating. Moses goes out on loan despite impressing in pre-season and we have guys on the bench who aren't getting football despite the guys in the first team playing like dog shit.

He will probably say we played better the result gave us credit and we deserved more.

Need big changes for the CL game, Rahman, RLC, Willian, Oscar in i'd say, maybe even Remy,

BIG changes. Azpi at left back is fine but he can't cross a ball with his left foot, coming inside and congesting play even more. Brana was better today but didn't put pressure on Naismith for his second.

Fabregas was poor again, Matic and Mikel didn't put enough pressure on Everton and didn't run with the ball at all - only Matic's goal coated his performance.

Pedro was ok, Hazard was non-existent and Costa had no service. We're just disjointed.

xintin

Any result vs Tel Aviv would be an aberration, and any changes to the team would probably revert back to the norm for Arsenal. My fear is Jose seeing the midweek game as a chance/need to rest the underperformers, slot them back in for Arsenal and hope they can turn it on.

Why does Wenger keep playing Walcott as a striker and not Giroud?

City playing 4-4-2 now with Aguero and Bony

It's a game-by-game thing. Stoke under Hughes look to get forward, Walcott can exploit space behind.

Plus he's coming from a rather productive international break. Giroud's was pretty torrid - so maybe not a poor choice to take him out of the firing line.

Sloosha

Is this real?

Damn. What is happening at Chelsea? Did Moyes hex Mourinho?

Eeesh!

Honestly, it will be really good having Oscar back (hopefully) next week. Obviously not the magic bullet to cure all our woes but will be a step in the right direction.

Everton defended really well today. Stones was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom