• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

This guy is always injured, I also don't rate him highly. He had one very good season when rat boy was still at Liverpool and has been mostly collecting his paycheck. Reminds me of kieron Dyer,

Give him one more full season before you completely write him off. No reason he and Benteke can't flourish together.
Okay, maybe a few.

This guy is always injured, I also don't rate him highly. He had one very good season when rat boy was still at Liverpool and has been mostly collecting his paycheck. Reminds me of kieron Dyer,
He's boss

Has been since his first game for us as well, and his scoring record was even better without Suarez in the team than it was otherwise

Genuinely makes it so much easier for the players behind him with his constant movement, position switching and ability to find space in the box even against teams who defend deep

I and most other Liverpool fans probably overrate him a bit as you do when an important player has been by and large out of the team for ages, but his record speaks for itself

norinrad

He's boss

Has been since his first game for us as well, and his scoring record was even better without Suarez in the team than it was otherwise

Genuinely makes it so much easier for the players behind him with his constant movement, position switching and ability to find space in the box even against teams who defend deep

I and most other Liverpool fans probably overrate him a bit as you do when an important player has been by and large out of the team for ages, but his record speaks for itself

It's a long season, lets hope he at least manages to play 25 games this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
97335962248gs0h.gif

vcfs9m934ugz.gif

:)

also I remember about 1 year ago, asking in this thread if Jonas was good because he was free and we desperatly needed a striker at the time, and there was rumblings we were signing him after the market had already closed (he was free and missed CL because of it), most people said he was good and would be a good signing. Welp, 1 year later, he now has overall 40 games, 36 goals, 6 assists. Already 5 goals this year in 4 games. Dat Gaf knowledge :eek:

Moobabe

Exciting looking bench for us today:

Subs: Blackman, Falcao, Kenedy, Remy, Willian, Cahill, Loftus-Cheek

Now it just relies on Jose actually making changes...

I don't mind Mikel starting today either - add a bit of security to that back 4. Zouma above Cahill is nice as well.

Exciting looking bench for us today:

Now it just relies on Jose actually making changes...

I don't mind Mikel starting today either - add a bit of security to that back 4. Zouma above Cahill is nice as well.

If we are going to start another CM with Matic/Cesc, it should be RLC

Moobabe

Commentator's curse

Pretty poor kick out from Naismith moments earlier - but Mikel and Matic let him turn 25 yards away from goal. No pressure on any Everton player.

Moobabe

Why the fuck isn't Rahman on the bench?

Get Ivanvovic off for Cahill and stick Zouma at right back

I just don't understand Mourinho's mentality here. He comes and labels the 6 players he thinks are underperforming. Yet here they are. Again. Playing every game, just like last season.

What is the point in having a squad of players if you're gonna pick from the same 13/14 players every single game even if they're playing like shit?

I just don't understand Mourinho's mentality here. He comes and labels the 6 players he thinks are underperforming. Yet here they are. Again. Playing every game, just like last season.

What is the point in having a squad of players if you're gonna pick from the same 13/14 players every single game even if they're playing like shit?

Sticking with out of form but (previously) quality players isn't such a terrible thing because making 6 changes is too much and we would be weakening ourselves, we just need to get Dave at right back and Rahman at left back.

Moobabe

Sticking with out of form but (previously) quality players isn't such a terrible thing because making 6 changes is too much and we would be weakening ourselves, we just need to get Dave at right back and Rahman at left back.

So in response to having 6 out of form players we've made 2 changes; Fabregas (underperforming) up behind Costa for Willian (who I thought was doing pretty well.) Zouma in for Cahill.

That's it.

The guys looked tired and short of imagination at the tail end of last season, and again now. Rotate? Rest players? Pick some of the millions of pounds worth of talent on the bench?

Ref probably either didn't realise JT did it or perhaps he thought he got a push from Lukaku, the rules state it needs to be deliberate.

Im not saying it wasn't but perhaps the ref thought that

Also lol at that "dive" given by the ref on Pedro. He was off balance, players collided, not a pen not a free kick.

spidye

chelsea is awful to watch

what happened? it looks like they have absolutely no game plan. just random passes and long balls

to be fair to everton they're defending exceptional well today.

chelsea is awful to watch

what happened? it looks like they have absolutely no game plan. just random passes and long balls

to be fair to everton they're defending exceptional well today.

We built a foundation on good solid defending and work from there. Matic and Cesc are all over the place because in part the "solid" defence are all over the bloody place. Stupid mistakes like Courtois getting sent off vs Swansea and JT vs WBA, Ivanovic is still on holiday and playing like shit, I don't think Dave has been too bad to be fair. City obviously a good team, when everyone is playing poorly together it costs you against a team like that

This is affecting Costa because he's not getting any service as the link-up play between the pivot and attackers isn't there so hes doing a Torres which is to go out wide and get it himself which is the complete opposite of how he got 20~ goals last season - one touch goals (see his goal vs WBA)

Moobabe

Kenedy has been really poor thusfar

He's nervous - this is his debut. The problem we have is we don't build a group of 18 players who are playing regularly who can come in and not feel the pressure. It happened with Schurrle and De Bruyne, Salah and Cuadrado - they would come on and try way too hard and struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom