• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

DBT85

Partly hoping Mbop goes to Real for an obscene amount so that we get Bale for a reasonable sum rather than the probably £100m they would want for him.

He won't come here though.

Ovb4Bpj.png

Kammy would've fucked that lion up, right hook, left hook, haymaker, good night

Zebra be lucky that Kamara even saw it happening.

tumblr_n00pg5yuOo1qdpugqo1_400.gif

tumblr_n00pg5yuOo1qdpugqo3_400.gif

Yea maybe. That move to United really set him back a few years. He couldn't have picked a worse time to go there.

Agreed. Under Fergie I think he'd have been fine and that's who he signed for.

Imagine signing a contract for Fergie whos romping the league with a relatively poor squad only to rock up on your first day and see this.

david-moyes-at-his-desk.jpg

222m piad in full though. Scenes.

I don't even get why La Liga would block the sale. All it has done is make them look like chumps.

Syder

222m piad in full though. Scenes.

I don't even get why La Liga would block the sale. All it has done is make them look like chumps.
because if Neymar leaves the biggest names and draws to the league are getting older:
  1. Ronaldo (32)
  2. Messi (30)
  3. Suarez (30)

Zasa

"Oh and Sanchez pretty much dragged Chile to those two Copa America title"

lmfao. Wait, that was a serious post? That has to be one of the most ignorant, idiotic & nonsensical things I've read on here.

Labadal

These transfer sums are getting out of control. FFP doesn't mean much anymore.

His salary is even more insane. No wonder he wanted to leave.

UEFA/FIFA might want to start looking at salary caps. But what do I know?

Mbappe will probably play for Real Madrid or Barcelona in a year or two. Dembele will probably also end up in Spain. Who else do we have? Coutinho and Hazard, most probably.

There will always be new players available on the market that will bring in money from sold shirts.

DBT85

These transfer sums are getting out of control. FFP doesn't mean much anymore.

His salary is even more insane. No wonder he wanted to leave.

UEFA/FIFA might want to start looking at salary caps. But what do I know?

FFP in this instance is even more screwed as the PSG as a club haven't actually paid the £198m and it won't appear on their books as a result.

Salary caps will just mean that clubs earn more profit and so can spend more on transfers or lining the owners pockets.

Labadal

FFP in this instance is even more screwed as the PSG as a club haven't actually paid the £198m and it won't appear on their books as a result.

Salary caps will just mean that clubs earn more profit and so can spend more on transfers or lining the owners pockets.

Yeah, the whole Neymar deal is messed up, imo. The club needs to be the one who pays. This way, the richest clubs can circumvent a lot of rules.

You have a point about salary caps but I can't figure something else out. SOMETHING needs to be done.

I can only take my club as an example: We want Keita and Van Dijk, both would smash our previous transfer record which we broke when we bought Salah. We'd break our transfer records three freaking times during this transfer window. Insane.

I wish PSG the best and I hope they are able to live up to the expectations, only cause otherwise the level of flak/rage/memes/etc. coming from every corner of the planet will be a painful scene to watch hahaha.

DBT85

IIRC you don't have to pay taxes on release clauses any more.

All La Liga clubs are going to put ridiculously high clauses in every contract now.

Yep. CR7 is already a billion euros.

Barca either never thought anyone would pay the money or Snr made them keep it "low".

Until the new player contracts are signed, top talent is poachable.

Will make the purchase of Greaseman for £90m even more palatable.

Pachimari

Rumors of Real Madrid talking to Dembele. I'm not buying it though. That said, we are still in for a striker.

Either way, what a fucking great day for all madridistas too. Seeing Neymar go like that lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Rumors of Real Madrid talking to Dembele. I'm not buying it though. That said, we are still in for a striker.

Either way, what a fucking great day for all madridistas too. Seeing Neymar go like that lol.
Be in bits when Barca sabotage the Mbappe deal 🐸☕️
I reckon the buy back clause put a lot of teams off
Still worth the risk imo

Top Bottom