• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sky Sports News Retweeted
Bryan Swanson @skysports_bryan
21m
PSG 'irritation, rather than panic' over La Liga stance on Neymar buyout clause. French League highlighting FIFA rules. #SSN
Petty La Liga and Barcelona not getting their way for once

OléGunner;245288388 said:
Lmao at La Liga trying to stop the Neymar deal.
I'm happy for Barca to get bullied into losing a player, they've raided us for years at a pittance.

The FFP justification is a joke. There's no such thing as FFP for the mega elite clubs.

Ze GOAT

D8Nb28.gif

The singular reason I supported Arsenal

(I fell in love with the other Invincibles after)

Tubie

Can you imagine if La Liga holds up this transfer long enough that Barcelona runs out of time to use that 222m lol.

This transfer window has to be one of the most entertaining ever, and there's still time for more fuckery.

Lashley

Can you imagine if La Liga holds up this transfer long enough that Barcelona runs out of time to use that 222m lol.

This transfer window has to be one of the most entertaining ever, and there's still time for more fuckery.

Would they be allowed? I'd imagine the FA would intervene

GHG

This transfer window hasn't even got going yet. Arsenal haven't done anything embarrassing
yet

Kyoufu

Wenger says Lucas Perez has no place in the Arsenal squad.

Please Mike Ashley, pay the £13 million they want for him. :(

Lashley

Wenger says Lucas Perez has no place in the Arsenal squad.

Please Mike Ashley, pay the £13 million they want for him. :(

He'd be fantastic for the toon. Hope they stay up this year, sick of my family and friends being gutted each season.

GHG

August 31st 1pm: Sanchez sold to City

August 31st 10:30pm: Ross Barkley to Arsenal

August 31st 10:31pm: Riots at the Emirates

Speaking of Henry, unreal player. Best player I've ever had the pleasure to see live. Some of my favourites:

tumblr_myv358X2Vw1s9s4yeo1_400.gif

970481862.gif

5QYUw7.gif

Look at these fucking goals. Almost every goal he scored was a work of art.

ahoyle77

Forget Sanchez to City. City will just sign Mbappe instead and Sanchez can join on a free next season.

I actually think Sanchez is still the more likely of the two, but press reports of Real Madrid being discouraged with signing Mbappe and his close relationship with Mendy have me hopeful!

Lashley

Did Lucas Perez play much for Arsenal? Is he worse than Giroud?

No and yes, but I rate Giroud highly

Wenger wasted him.

"La Liga will only accept the €222m directly from Neymar's account & not from a company on his behalf."

So fucking pathetic

Lashley

Have to imagine Barca would go for Mbappe for the "fuck with Madrid" bonus. See Suarez and Neymar, both heavily linked with Madrid.

Aye their linked with him too, hes apparently told Monaco he wants to leave, but doesn't he support/love Madrid?

Just stop. There's a reason he ran away from Barca and chose to come to us.

See? posting stuff like this one you show you're extremely ignorant about Alexis' career and only began to pay attention to him when he arrived at Arsenal.

Alexis didn't run away from Barca. Barca declared him transferable in order to get someone with the characteristics of Suárez. Get your facts straight.

He was a very talented player but largely inconsistent when he first came to us, never mind the fact that he wasn't always an automatic starter for Barca. He plays every game for Arsenal, has the freedom of the pitch and has grown in stature, responsibility and output over the time he's been with us.

That's laughable. Again, you don't have a single clue you're talking about. Alexis has been a key player in every team he played for, even when he made his debut (16 years old) in the chilean team I'm a fan of, Cobreloa. He being in the bench always has been the exception, not the rule, except for Barcelona, mostly since Neymar arrived which had nothing to do with being inconsistent but the coach decided Neymar was better (which I think it's true).

I'm not Wengers biggest fan but it's uncalled for to say Wenger has been to the detriment of his career when the opposite is true. If you think he would have improved to the level that he's at today by warming the bench at Barca or a similar club over the last 3 years then I have news for you.

Again, he wasn't going to stay at Barca, zero chances of that happening.

Regarding he being in the bench in other club, it's just ridiculous speculation on your part cause he ended signing in Arsenal not in another club, so stop with the ex post crap.

About the Wenger part, I already explained what I meant. It's not my fault if you want to continue being obtuse.

Oh and Sanchez pretty much dragged Chile to those two Copa America titles, so while you won want to admit it, the improvement in areas I outlined above since he's been with us played a big part in that. If nothing else, he's had lots of practice in single handedly dragging scrub players to levels they have no right to compete at.

Holy crap, your ignorance knows no limits hahaha.

By far, the most important player in our national team is Arturo Vidal, not Sánchez. Fans, players, sport media agree on that, hell... even international sport media agree with that. For the last Chile-Argentina match (WC qualis), argentinian sport media was "celebrating" not having to face our best and most decisive player, yeah... they were talking about Vidal, suspended for that match. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Besides, the strength of our team is exactly that... those players act like a team. There is no "player that dragged Chile to those Copa América titles". Seriously, you don't have a single clue about how ridiculous you sound stating stuff like that.

Anyways I'll stop here cause:

1.- I'm not interested in turning this in a VS thread.
2.- It's fun to discuss, but it's not when the other person makes ignorant/ridiculous claims like you do.
3.- It seems Alexis finally will be forced to stay one more year in the Undead Team, so... I guess you "won" :shrugs:

Regards.

Icolin

Banned
Lanzini's good from what I've seen of him, mostly at River Plate. Haven't seen him at West Ham, but it sounds like he's been good there too.

Labadal

I haven't been active in these threads in years. I have missed this place. I hope to complain and moan when Liverpool mess something up yet again. Aww, who am I kidding? This year is our year, we all know it.

Lashley

Neymar is a PSG player, according to @mohamedbouhafsi. Has signed a 5-year deal & wants to play against Amiens.

Syder

Lanzini's good from what I've seen of him, mostly at River Plate. Haven't seen him at West Ham, but it sounds like he's been good there too.
Let me put it his way, in the last 12 months there's only one player I wanted to leave less than Payet, and that's Lanzini. The boy is a magician.

I don't know if long-term he can play for a Top 4 club but he's in the Top 3 best players outside the Top 7 clubs.

Beefy

Let me put it his way, in the last 12 months there's only one player I wanted to leave less than Payet, and that's Lanzini. The boy is a magician.

I don't know if long-term he can play for a Top 4 club but he's in the Top 3 best players outside the Top 7 clubs.

Hmm, Sigurdsson, Van Dijk, Gabbiadini, Lanzini

Top Bottom