• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

So glad Lacazette is finally done. We've finally signed a top striker, now let's keep Sanchez and Ozil! If we do then we'll be a competitive force this season.
Feels like a class signing, shame it likely means we'll lose Giroud but Welbeck showed some good ability against Chelsea in the FA Final.

Chilean media : Alexis Sanchez has decided to stay at Arsenal and signed a new contract for €10m a year
No way is this true, surely?

Bersi

10 years ago.

RwdBae.gif

Beefy

Inter have rejected United's €45m + bonuses bid. They want €55m and United are likely to up their bid.

Di Marzio

Oh yeah, I know this thread is mainly about the top flight and all, but Jaap Stam's staying on at Reading. Our first since Adkins left to last over a year, hoping he can build on what he's done to get us into the Premier League next time.

Though, not sure I'd want to hedge our bets on Wembley again.

Syder

Rangers knocked out of Europa League by Luxembourg part-timers
Rangers suffered one of their worst ever results as they were knocked out of the Europa League qualifiers by Luxembourg minnows Progres Niederkorn.

The Ibrox side took a 1-0 first-leg lead to Luxembourg but fell behind to a second-half Emmanuel Francoise finish.

Sebastian Thill sealed progress, scoring only the third European goal in the minnows' history to secure their first ever win in Europe.
TadkV.gif

Jarnet87

Hmm. Worth a shot.

Will bring some publicity at the very least. Who knows, maybe he still has something to prove.

I think he'll be a good influence to the players.

Welcome home Wazza

He's gonna have to really commit himself and start off on fire. I would Imagine he will get lots of playing time to start but if he doesn't hit his form the playing time will dry up quickly and then it's the same old past it Rooney. If he's scoring goals and playing well the media will have a field day laughing at United despite the fact they gave him every chance the past few seasons.

DBT85

He's gonna have to really commit himself and start off on fire. I would Imagine he will get lots of playing time to start but if he doesn't hit his form the playing time will dry up quickly and then it's the same old past it Rooney. If he's scoring goals and playing well the media will have a field day laughing at United despite the fact they gave him every chance the past few seasons.

It's not going to happen unless he's had his best summer and pre season ever. Which he won't. As a lifelong United fan I honestly can't imagine paying Rooneys wages considering the form he's been in for 4 years now. Its bad enough at United where they have the money to burn, but Everton could do something useful with that cash.

Syder

Mourinho reportedly unhappy at lack of transfer activity at Manchester United
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is unimpressed by the club's lack of summer transfer dealings.

After United's Europa League final win against Ajax on 24 May, Mourinho said he had given executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward a list of transfer targets.

Senior United figures spoke privately about signing three or four players.

There could be developments later this week, but so far the only new signing has been 22-year-old defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica for £31m.

It is understood Mourinho wants at least one forward to compensate for the loss of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 35, because of injury, as well as a holding midfield player.

Efforts to sign Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann, 26, for a fee that would have come close to the world record £89m United paid Juventus for midfielder Paul Pogba 12 months ago were compromised by Ibrahimovic's major knee injury, which will keep him out until the New Year.

Reports (rumours) that Mamadou Sakho have agreed terms with Crystal Palace, and Palace and Liverpool now 'only' have to agree on a fee.

I find that hard to believe considering Sakho has said plenty of times he wants to play for a team in CL or Europa.

If he had a good time there on loan no reason he shouldn't go back. But whatevers happening the key is gonna be the price, the club's gonna want to make an example of him. Piss off the hierarchy and you're only gonna go for what they think you're worth, or else you're in the reserves.

Rmagnus

Banned
If he had a good time there on loan no reason he shouldn't go back. But whatevers happening the key is gonna be the price, the club's gonna want to make an example of him. Piss off the hierarchy and you're only gonna go for what they think you're worth, or else you're in the reserves.

Good stance to have, too many players are too big for their boots, Arsenal and Sanchez comes to mind

At the same time, they price is set by demand. People are comparing his price to Michael Keane and what he went for when signing for Everton, but the difference is that the demand for Keane was huge,, and Burnley didn't want to sell. While Sakho's value was devaluated by Liverpool, to the extent that Palace actually could sign him on loan.

Good stance to have, too many players are too big for their boots, Arsenal and Sanchez comes to mind

Not sure how this applies to Sakho though. Isn't he only on his way out because Liverpool want to get rid and cash in, and not because he actually wanted to leave?

The stance they're taking is against Palace if any, isn't it?

faridmon

Man, I really don't want Rooney. Why are we insisting on getting him considering is for as of late?

Also Fuck paying his 250k a week.

We will be laughing stock should that happen

cromofo

Man, I really don't want Rooney. Why are we insisting on getting him considering is for as of late?

Also Fuck paying his 250k a week.

We will be laughing stock should that happen

We're not gonna pay 250k no way.

That was just some bullshit spewed from The S*n

Top Bottom