• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Carbonox

Only way to top it is to have Mike Ashley throw up in a fireplace and from the ashes emerges the face of Newcastle's next signing. Live on Twitter ofc.

If he had a good time there on loan no reason he shouldn't go back. But whatevers happening the key is gonna be the price, the club's gonna want to make an example of him. Piss off the hierarchy and you're only gonna go for what they think you're worth, or else you're in the reserves.

Except he didn't do anything so bad to be treated so horribly though. It really ios ridiculous the stance Klopp has taken on him.

Good stance to have, too many players are too big for their boots, Arsenal and Sanchez comes to mind

But Sakho never acted like he was too big for the club. Matter of fact it is exactly the opposite. He actually doesn't want to leave and has already shown he has learned from his mistakes.

Rmagnus

Banned
Except he didn't do anything so bad to be treated so horribly though. It really ios ridiculous the stance Klopp has taken on him.

But Sakho never acted like he was too big for the club. Matter of fact it is exactly the opposite. He actually doesn't want to leave and has already shown he has learned from his mistakes.

How many times has he messed up? Sent home from America? Than when on Twitter to go against the manager? Liverpool in general idolised the manager from Bill, to Kenny, Rafa now Klopp. The manager should always have the last say and if he feels Sakho does not belong in the club he don't. That's why he is hired as the manager of Liverpool, to make tough calls and make Liverpool a better team.

Tunoku

It's official now!

1500x500

How many times has he messed up? Sent home from America? Than when on Twitter to go against the manager? Liverpool in general idolised the manager from Bill, to Kenny, Rafa now Klopp. The manager should always have the last say and if he feels Sakho does not belong in the club he don't. That's why he is hired as the manager of Liverpool, to make tough calls and make Liverpool a better team.

He was sent home once and was late for a team meeting and team dinner. Nothing serious enough to outcast the guy. You acting like he killed someone.

Rmagnus

Banned
He was sent home once and was late for a team meeting and team dinner. Nothing serious enough to outcast the guy. You acting like he killed someone.

I am acting like the manager don't rate him and don't see that he is a positive influence to the team. Sent home late for team meeting and dinner and was on social media pissing of the manager. So no I am not acting like he killed someone but it is fairly obvious to me Klopp don't see him as part of the team.

I am acting like the manager don't rate him and don't see that he is a positive influence to the team. Sent home late for team meeting and dinner and was on social media pissing of the manager. So no I am not acting like he killed someone but it is fairly obvious to me Klopp don't see him as part of the team.

No its Klopp refusing to swallow his pride. And yes you are acting like he killed someone.

Rmagnus

Banned
No its Klopp refusing to swallow his pride.

You are a mind reader now? You yourself listed the amount of times he fucked up and some how it's Klopp not willing to swallow his pride? Ok fine Klopp refuse to swallow his pride than what? We are not talking about Maldini here are we? Granted he is not rubbish but why does Klopp have to give him extra chances after the times he fked up not to mention that silly dance routine with Ben.
Spice boy era was fucking awful I am glad Klopp at least have enough sense to expect the players to be professionals.

Don't know about you but for me if he killed someone i would prefer him to be jailed so I have no idea where the killing people part is coming from but yeah keep trying to be cute boo.

sammex

Don't forget Sakho took a questionable supplement without telling the club, that, although turned out to ok in the end on a technicality, caused him to fail a drugs test, embarrass the club, and get suspended for our most important game for quite a while which we lost because of our shoddy defence.

That is a serious enough offence without all the other crap. After a fuck up like that you'd think he'd buckle down and be professional for Klopp's first pre-season at the club but instead he had to turn up late and piss about resulting in getting sent home. He then started posting disingenuous crap on instagram/snapchat that showed he was in no way remorseful about the situation and refused to go out on loan against the wishes of the manager.

As for Rooney - he's totally finished at the top level and anyone taking him on now is wasting their time and money with him. He might have a decent start to the season at a new club but he'll be done by October.

Pachimari

Coentrao has officially left on loan to Sporting. And Theo has officially joined us. So many great things are happening at Real Madrid right now, and we are in such a good position when it comes to our squad.

Jarnet87

They banned

Only for the summer window, he would sit out 6 months or be loaned to another team until they can register in January. No idea how reliable Manu Sainz is but think he was the original source before everyone else started running with it

Audioboxer

Arsenal have completed the signing of France striker Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon for a club record £46.5m fee on a five-year deal.

The fee - up to £52.6m with add-ons - will surpass the £42.4m Arsenal paid Real Madrid for Mesut Ozil in 2013.

This is merely a dent in the Arsenal war chest

td7JiuU.jpg

You are a mind reader now? You yourself listed the amount of times he fucked up and some how it's Klopp not willing to swallow his pride? Ok fine Klopp refuse to swallow his pride than what? We are not talking about Maldini here are we? Granted he is not rubbish but why does Klopp have to give him extra chances after the times he fked up not to mention that silly dance routine with Ben.
Spice boy era was fucking awful I am glad Klopp at least have enough sense to expect the players to be professionals.

Don't know about you but for me if he killed someone i would prefer him to be jailed so I have no idea where the killing people part is coming from but yeah keep trying to be cute boo.

Well with the way you acting, I wouldn't be surprise if you want him in front of a firing squad. Like I said you act like what he did was so horrendous that he deserved. Also I'm sure you don't like people lying about you. If he is fit and they are lying about it in the media, why shouldn't he say something? He didn't say anything about the manager, all eh said was that he was fit but yet not getting any game time, hardly a horrible offence. It doesn't take a mind reader to see that Klopp can't swallow his pride.

Anyway I'm done with this convo, because there is no point talking to close minded fans.

Don't forget Sakho took a questionable supplement without telling the club, that, although turned out to ok in the end on a technicality, caused him to fail a drugs test, embarrass the club, and get suspended for our most important game for quite a while which we lost because of our shoddy defence.

That is a serious enough offence without all the other crap. After a fuck up like that you'd think he'd buckle down and be professional for Klopp's first pre-season at the club but instead he had to turn up late and piss about resulting in getting sent home. He then started posting disingenuous crap on instagram/snapchat that showed he was in no way remorseful about the situation and refused to go out on loan against the wishes of the manager.

He was cleared of that and actually the FA needs to do a better job of listing what is banned and what isn't banned. Not really Sakho's fault if it wasn't on the list.

sammex

<snip>

He was cleared of that and actually the FA needs to do a better job of listing what is banned and what isn't banned. Not really Sakho's fault if it wasn't on the list.

Look, I don't hate him or anything. But he took something without telling the club.

I'm lucky enough to have been involved in professional sport in a healthcare capacity and you disclose everything you're taking - that way people at the club can check if it's on the lists or not. Want to try something new? Run it past us first, it takes no time and clubs are normally fine with most things, even fat burners. He let down the entire medical team as well as his coaches and team mates with his actions. It's was careless, and at the elite level it becomes a big deal.

The other stuff is pretty minor, until you combine it with the above. He was on thin ice and then pushed his luck. Other managers would've behaved similarly IMO.

Blablurn

hHJyJP8.jpg

Bayern München finished installing the biggest LED video walls in Europe. There are 2 of those in above the nord and south stands.

#BigClub

sammex

Sanchez wants £400k per week to stay at Arsenal according to John Cross @ The Mirror. They should sell Özil and pay it. Not like they're going to find a better player for much cheaper.

DKehoe

Lukaku to Utd is a surprise, I just figured that the recent reports about that were to pressure Madrid to agree a deal for Morata

cromofo

Most likely playing Chelsea to up their money for Lukaku.

If true, 75m is a reasonable price. They'll probably include Rooney in that deal too.

Top Bottom