• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

faridmon

Weird that noone wants to buy Icardi... I guess he's much worse IRL than in Football Manager :D Anyway, 24 goals in 34 league games - that's a really good result and he's only 24yo. Really weird.

Icardi said that he wants and will retire at Inter and Inter won't sell him

Tubie

As you can see with the Robben and Kroos deals, we have a good relationship in terms of transfers.

Yep, the two clubs seem to have a very good relationship.

We basically got Kroos for peanuts and you guys got Robben for a ridiculously low fee too.

35m plus 10 plus not having to pay his wages seems like a good deal for everyone involved, specially when you consider James wasn't even in Zidane's B team last season.

Icolin

Banned
Naby Keita liking posts on Instagram of him wearing a #LFC kit.

Z8hbhna.gif

Beefy

Liverpool accused of falsifying document at heart of tapped-up schoolboy case

The Liverpool tapping-up scandal was dramatically reignited on Tuesday after they were accused of submitting a “falsified” document to the Premier League when trying to lure a 12-year-old schoolboy from Stoke City.

The Anfield club are facing imminent legal action from the unnamed boy, now 13, and his family, having failed to make amends for leaving both him unable to play academy football and his parents in thousands of pounds of debt more than three months after Telegraph Sport first revealed their plight.

Father and son completed the document on September 2 last year, three days before the latter began the new school year at his private school, the fees for which Liverpool had agreed to pay until he was 16.

The club directed the pair not to date their signatures, an instruction the father ignored to ensure the moment was accurately recorded.

The next time the family saw the document - after it had been submitted to the Premier League - all the signatures on it were dated September 21, including the father’s, beneath which a ‘1’ had been inserted after his initial ‘2’.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ool-accused-falsifying-document-heart-tapped/

sammex

Whoever is responsible should be sacked and we should pay the school fees in full. Can't believe they'd resort to something so low.

TeddyBoy

This whole saga actually makes me embarrassed to be a fan of this club. Disgusting stuff.

I love Liverpool, but we're a disgusting club who barely care about it's fans and whose primary motivation is financial gains.

The telegraph article isn't surprising to me.

Beefy

@JimWhite
Midfielder Jack Cork moves from @SwansOfficial to @BurnleyOfficial - undisclosed fee, could rise to £10 million.

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Chelsea centre back Kurt Zouma due to have talks tomorrow with Stoke and West Brom about a loan move

Chelsea don't like youngsters

-----------------

Southampton talking to Vietto apparently

DBT85

More chatter tonight that United are still after Dier and think his desire to play for the club and Spurs wage structure will sing the deal.

valeo

More chatter tonight that United are still after Dier and think his desire to play for the club and Spurs wage structure will sing the deal.

Makes sense considering Chelsea will not sell Matic to them anymore. Dier isn't a very good player, though.

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Ivan Perisic move from Inter Milan to Manchester United getting closer. Talks ongoing. Inter still asking for close to £48m

And Perisic

DBT85

@SkyKaveh
Ivan Perisic move from Inter Milan to Manchester United getting closer. Talks ongoing. Inter still asking for close to £48m

And Perisec

United could easily end up spending £200m before addons if the Dier and Perisic deals are true and actually happen.

Maybe its all just more smokescreen.

We've been a few million away from Inters demand for what seems like 2 weeks now though. Even with out fax machine its not that hard to improve a bid or just not bother.

Jarnet87

United could easily end up spending £200m before addons if the Dier and Perisic deals are true and actually happen.

We've been a few million away from Inters demand for what seems like 2 weeks now though. Even with out fax machine its not that hard to improve a bid or just not bother.

Could be nonsense, but a lot of the earliest Summer rumors were United would look to bring in 3-4 signings and spend 200 million pounds. Dier and Perisic finish off the 4 signings and that expected spending amount. There will be a lot of people saying United way overspent on what they got but it will go away if they are performing on the pitch

Still waiting for Baka medical.

Also why is there no rush for Asensio? That guy is good. Chelsea should go after him rather than going after Auba. Man this transfer season is so painful for a Chelsea fan. Same shit again. Last 2-3 transfer windows have been crap. I think every transfer window after Hazard has been crap.

GHG

So 200m on Lukaku, Perisic and Dier?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The state of the transfer market at the moment.

Lunar FC

Give up on that happening. Red Bull isn't going to sell. Best we can do is come back next year and activate his release clause.

I don't believe Keita is happening this summer. if it does I will ask for a 3 month ban.

Holding you to it. I've got my Keita kit on pre-order.

casiopao

Costa should be done.
Schick is also done.
Bernadeschi is half way as the player part is done but dealing with Viola is always difficult hope it will be done quick.
Szczesny also seems to be finalizing this week.

Now we only need a proper CM. We had been linked with Matuidi so i hope PSG would be kind to give us him here.T_T

With this, this mercato should be more or less done.

DBT85

So 200m on Lukaku, Perisic and Dier?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The state of the transfer market at the moment.

Lukaku £75m
Perisic £48m
Dier £50m ish
Lindelof £30m

We've been saying the market is crazy for years and it's only going up with the TV money. It won't change until that does.

Compared to a £50m John Stones they all look like good deals lol.

Sciel

@SkyKaveh

And Perisic
Basically nothing has changed over the last month.

Lukaku £75m
Perisic £48m
Dier £50m ish
Lindelof £30m

We've been saying the market is crazy for years and it's only going up with the TV money. It won't change until that does.

Compared to a £50m John Stones they all look like good deals lol.
I doubt Levy will sell Dier for 50m.

Pachimari

Still waiting for Baka medical.

Also why is there no rush for Asensio? That guy is good. Chelsea should go after him rather than going after Auba. Man this transfer season is so painful for a Chelsea fan. Same shit again. Last 2-3 transfer windows have been crap. I think every transfer window after Hazard has been crap.

You kidding yourself if you think you can get Asensio. This guy is our future.

TeddyBoy

I really want some signings

but I really, really don't want Joe Hart.

Can I interest you in Crystal Palace player of the year Mamadou Sakho? A steal at just £20m!

Or perhaps a cut price deal for Liverpool legend Lucas Leiva? Available for £5m this transfer window only!

Can I interest you in Crystal Palace player of the year Mamadou Sakho? A steal at just £20m!

Or perhaps a cut price deal for Liverpool legend Lucas Leiva? Available for £5m this transfer window only!

If Sakho was available for that sum, he would be a Palace player again by now. ;)

Loftus-Cheek signed for a season att Palace now att least. Hope that loan turns out better then what Bamford and Remy did.

James is a superstar.

Hope he does well for the NT wellbeing. In Real he had no space.

You are getting a good player, but I still think he is not world class. we'll see.

Jack cw

James is a superstar.

Hope he does well for the NT wellbeing. In Real he had no space.

You are getting a good player, but I still think he is not world class. we'll see.

We never bought world class players to begin with.
Our club legends were in another time, the team from 1999-2001 also had no real world class player, maybe Kahn on some days. Ribery was known in 2007, but far away from world class. Robben always had potential but his injuries always stopped him from becoming a world class player. Neuer, Thiago, Lewandowski, Boateng became world class at Bayern. James is the first transfer in Bayerns history where a player with world wide fame and proven world class is joining the club. Yes, we bought Vidal and Alonso, but James is the same level as Pogba, Hazard, Verratti etc.

Top Bottom