• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

RocknRola

Anyone for some muscle?
sqjzdnpsnt8z.jpg

As a side note, those Adidas Nemeziz boots are damn gorgeous.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Damn, Bayern god a damn good deal. It's practically a bargain

me too but we need wingers too ASAP.
ribery and robben can't carry us anymore

James can play as winger too. He actually played quite a lot this season on that position at Real. He can cover quite a lot of positions actually.

spidye

wow that escalated quickly
from a random spanish rumor to an official statement in less than 23 hours
I like it

James can play as winger too. He actually played quite a lot this season on that position at Real. He can cover quite a lot of positions actually.
I don't know. probably more like a Müller situation. Just because he can play those positions doesn't mean he should. his vision and his clinical finishing would go to waste if has to work on the wings

yeah I'm not so sure what Ancelotti or Rumenigge want to achieve this year.

I mean, we lost Costa, Alonso, Lahm, Badstuber and bought Tolisso, Süle, Rudy. not counting Gnabry since he will be loaned out and Coman was already a bayern player.
everybody saw that we struggled with our smaller squad last year since our wingers and centre backs were constantly injured.
this is a huge downgrade. at least on paper.
Other than Gnabry, the other signings are good. Sule gives depth to the position Bayern had injuries, I think actually too much since I don't see Boatank getting hurt again. Alonso has been mediocre for Bayern after his first year, esp last season. That's an upgrade. I think Kimmich has potential to be a great RWB as well.

My issue is whether Carlo can integrate Muller back and get him to his old form (starting in front of Thiago/Vidal, if he can rotate the team properly and the LW. James signing. Wanted an actual winger who can create and dribble a ton. :\ Underwhelming after going for Sanchez.

Blablurn

this would be overkill.

do it rumenigge

10m loan for 2 years is a bargain.

its incredible!!!

that depth

Neuer

Kimmich Süle Hummels Alaba

Vidal Thiago Tolisso

James Lewandowski Robben

or

Neuer

Rafinha Boateng Martinez Bernat

Ribery Sanches Rudy Coman

Müller Gnarby

Zidane must have pushed hard for Madrid to get rid of James if they let him go out on loan. Hopefully his good relationship with Ancelotti helps in Munich.

its incredible!!!

that depth

Neuer

Kimmich Süle Hummels Alaba

Vidal Thiago Tolisso

James Lewandowski Robben

or

Neuer

Rafinha Boateng Martinez Bernat

Ribery Sanches Rudy Coman

Müller Gnarby
lol, Boateng is not getting benched by Sule. Not this year dude.

I want Muller to start ahead of dynamic midfield duo, shame Thiago is such a scrub defensively that it hurts the team with both starting as 2/3 mids. Get James means it's over for Sanchez. If they were to get him, Bayern would need to start playing with 13-14 players per game

We got him for 80
bench player that everyone knows you want to get rid of.

Audioboxer

Home from work and out to cut some grass as weather is cracking, so I went to throw on an old United top my ex bought me and for the first time I noticed on the back of the badge

aCzMn6l.png

ct3ixSf.png

GAF is United.

I think it's like one of the last the last Nike strips we had, so probably 5~6 years old.

Dunno what is sadder, this is the most up to date United strip I have (don't care much for football tops or United's Adidas designs coupled with shitty sponsor logos ~ AON/Chevrolet), or it's the first time I've noticed this (or I have years ago and I've forgotten). New avatar from twisting the top inside out to kick off the football season! With Rooney gone we just need to
ct3ixSf.png
⚽🏆

Martial and Shaw, pls don't be shite again

Pogba, Bailly and Lukaku as muscle is frightening

jm89

Chelsea slowly losing all their attacking choices for transfer. Waiting for conte to eventually lose it.

NHale

Chelsea slowly losing all their attacking choices for transfer. Waiting for conte to eventually lose it.

Next time don't behave even worse than Mourinho and dismiss your top striker via cellphone message without having the approval of your board, while at the same time tanking the price his own team can ask for him considering everyone knows Conte kicked him out of the squad.

Quite frankly Conte created the mess he's currently in. He already lost it.

Lukaku getting the #9 apparently.

Jose saving space for James. lol.

Martial is going to be pissed again. Oh boy.

And of course Zlatan allowed it. He's going to use #10 when he returns! ;)

Gothos

Weird that noone wants to buy Icardi... I guess he's much worse IRL than in Football Manager :D Anyway, 24 goals in 34 league games - that's a really good result and he's only 24yo. Really weird.

Top Bottom