• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

See I think the VVD shit will come to an end soon-ish. I seriously doubt Southampton want their captain and best player fucking about and all the speculation interrupting their start to the season. Either that or VVD just have to accept he's staying at Southampton.

Is it me or is Studge looking thicker than usual? Might be the shorter cut mind.

Ooooh Grujic doing nice work there. Kent pretty savvy on the touchline as well.

Wait no goal the hell

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
See I think the VVD shit will come to an end soon-ish. I seriously doubt Southampton want their captain and best player fucking about and all the speculation interrupting their start to the season. Either that or VVD just have to accept he's staying at Southampton.

best player? he's not even Saints' best defender.

edit: wtf happened to Bayern?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you reckon is better?

Bertrand. I know Man City were trying for a while there and went with Walker instead.

And Romeu was easily the best player last year. If clubs actually scouted and not just read what's in the paper clubs would be falling over themselves to buy him.

Syder

Bertrand. And Romeu was easily the best player last year. If clubs actually scouted and not just read what's in the paper clubs would be falling over themselves to buy him.
I've been a Romeu fan for years. He would be more well-known if he hadn't gone to Chelsea to get loaned out but there's no excuse for people not rating him these days.

Bertrand. I know Man City were trying for a while there and went with Walker instead.

And Romeu was easily the best player last year. If clubs actually scouted and not just read what's in the paper clubs would be falling over themselves to buy him.

Bertrand is a good shout and I really like the look of Romeu too fair enough.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's hard to believe TAA is 18 years old. He's going to be some player.

Clyne could use the competition. I mean he's fine but I have never found him overly impressive.

He's Cafu compared to post-2011 Glen Johnson though.

Beefy

Yep Romeu easily player season

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just never doubt Sturridge when he's 1 on 1.

Pity his legs are made out of defrosted fish fingers.

spidye

Lol you guys
Ancelotti's bayern<<<<< pep's bayern<<<<<<<<<<< heynckes' bayern

Not even comparable

We play totally shit since that clown took the helm

Markitron

My main takeaway from that is that TAA has to start against Watford.

Syder

If Milan keep making these ace signings and in the unlikely event Juve lose Dybala, Alex Sandro, etc. then who knows how Serie A might end up this season...

When all's said and done I'm still convinced Sturridge will be the one to give us our AGUEROOOOO moment. The dance will rise again.

Otherwise that was a great showing from us, gives me confidence in our first XI and some of the guys beyond that. Hope Atletico don't knock 7 bells out of us tomorrow.

Icolin

Banned
The Liverpool-Newcastle alliance needs to happen for the good of footyGAF.

I'm already big on Newcastle. For one, David Edgar, a Canadian, played there for a bit! Deandre Yedlin plays for Newcastle, and I'm a US national team supporter, so that's cool. And Peter Beardsley (who played at both Liverpool and my hometown team Vancouver Whitecaps) played for Newcastle!

And also Newcastle have Rafa.

DBT85

The Liverpool-Newcastle alliance needs to happen for the good of footyGAF.

Sturridge is already injured, R'hllor has already abandoned us D:

Bring back the legendary Newcastle/Liverpool games I saw as a kid when Newcastle were actually fighting for something.

Top Bottom