• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Awesome.

I reckon Inter will have to stump up £35m + £1 now.

Icolin

Banned
Liverpool doing really well! Nice! Bayern continues to not look particularly great in the pre-season though :S

Also, this happened about a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnEiUpCNBfo

That Grujic header
whew.png

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
TAA is really doing a number on Ribery here.

Him + that one defender I'm so tired of talking about it would be so good. Fingers crossed tbh.

He who shall not be named wasn't in a Southampton squad video posted earlier today.

Beefy

Apparently Southampton recorded their player intro vids for Sky Sports today and he wasn't there..

Until you see Jeremy Wilson saying something, don't believe a thing. Wilson gets all the info about Saints (good and bad) as he is liked by the Southampton board. We will soon see if it is true tho

sammex

I pray to R'hllor that Matip doesn't get injured this season. Our defence looks so much better with him in it.

He only had the one injury didn't he? He had to sit out some games because of that annoying clash with Cameroon wanting to call him up even though he retired from internationals the year before. Lovren had more injuries.

T-Rex.

Banned
Until you see Jeremy Wilson saying something, don't believe a thing. Wilson gets all the info about Saints (good and bad) as he is liked by the Southampton board. We will soon see if it is true tho
Yeah I saw it on Twitter so pinch of salt and all that.

He only had the one injury didn't he? He had to sit out some games because of that annoying clash with Cameroon wanting to call him up even though he retired from internationals the year before. Lovren had more injuries.
Honestly, I completely forgot that happened. I just remembered that he missed a lot of matches.

Loris146

I don't understand why though, do the players just dont want to play in preseason or wtf are they doing?!?!
I don' t really know. Something is off though. For example Tolisso is playing really bad. Renato is not a playmaker. The only thing that is working for Bayern is Ribery and Alaba combo.

Markitron

Fuck me, only just seen that Liverpool Echo article about Keita, the SS and Ebola. What in the world.

The Echo are just mouthpieces for the club, like Real and Marca, so I'm not surprised that they are acting equally incompetently.

Is it true that Keita will have a 50 ML "get out clause" the next year?

It's been widely reported that he has a 48m release clause from next year, I'm not sure if that has been confirmed. If he has another good year there will be bigger teams than Liverpool after him so we will probably miss out if they don't get it done this month (which we won't).

sammex

Yeah I saw it on Twitter so pinch of salt and all that.

Honestly, I completely forgot that happened. I just remembered that he missed a lot of matches.

Yeah, no real issue w either Matip or Lovren individually, as when they played together we have a decent record. It's that we have such a big drop in quality down to Klavan or Lucas when they both had spells out.

Makeda

Fuck me, only just seen that Liverpool Echo article about Keita, the SS and Ebola. What in the world.

What. The. Fuck.

I may as well send an email off to the Echo for the role of Editor seems like the position should I be
available about now. It's one thing for that crap to be written but how the hell did it not get flagged up before going live?

Markitron

Fuck if they had managed to get VVD and Keita over the line, this would be a serious squad.

FML

Dadasch

The last time I've seen Bayern playing this bad was like...I genuinely don't know anymore.

Please no Müller anymore, PLEASE!!!!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Most of Bayern players seem very tired. Even Lewandowski can barely move. Ribbery missing easy stops or passes. The central area has more holes than a golf course.

Fuck if they had managed to get VVD and Keita over the line, this would be a serious squad.

FML

In an optimial world I'd prefer VVD and defensive midfielder, think we're missing one of those. Keita might be brilliant(haven't watched him a lot), but think we got some really good CMs already.

Markitron

In an optimial world I'd prefer VVD and defensive midfielder, think we're missing one of those. Keita might be brilliant(haven't watched him a lot), but think we got some really good CMs already.

I'm no expert, but from what I have seen, Keita is one of those players that is absolutely everywhere and does everything. There is always gonna be a starting position for someone like that.

I just want VVD shit sorted out this week

If it does happen (which I don't think it will) it won't be until the final day. Southampton are not going to do us any favours.

Top Bottom