• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

NHale

Y u so benched, Miki-kun?

As I expected: Mata starts.

I'm taking bets: Subbed at 35 minutes?

What I'm surprised is that Herrera is playing and not Schneiderlin. I remember that Mourinho wanted him at Chelsea to play with Matic on the midfield.

Audioboxer

So it looks like mhkhitaryan will be a sub under mourinho after a splendid season with bvb.

I wouldnt be surprised if he plays a horrible season. He was considered a failed transfer before last season

Nah he's just caressing Mata's feelings before offloading him.

Tbh with the bonds De Gea, Herrera and most of the other players have with Mata Mou does need to be careful.

If Mata doesn't perform when given a chance Mou will have that as ammo to say to the team he's right to chuck him.

mulac

Anyone else running into problems with Optus Sport (australia) - trying to watch on MS Edge on my SP4 but stream doesnt want to even load with a playback error...

NHale

is he really going? I mean I can see the appeal for him but what are Man U going to do with a 32yr old defender?

Mourinho likes experienced central defenders. He will probably end up being one of the starters when Bailly or Smalling start making stupid mistakes.

If Mata knew how to defend he would be a top world player. He is so lost when defending, it's actually impressive that a professional player doesn't have any defending instict.

Also since Hart was benched yesterday, maybe there is some truth to the rumors that Man City is interested in Rui Patricio.

Pachimari

Shit I didn't know Manchester United were already playing, and I just headed out the door. I gotta get used to these English games being played earlier in the day, as I am used to matches at 21:00 with Real Madrid.

Blackhead

Redarse
Rumours going around that Can might miss the game today, nooooooooooooo.

So, ultimately you agree with me though. What he achieved at Barca does get downplayed. I agree with you that to be considered a success at City he needs to do better in the CL tbh.

Not really. Have you read Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid? Lots of managers have revolutionized the tactics/the game. Roma's pioneered that inverted false 9 strikerless formation does that mean Luciano Spalletti is a god tier manager? Bielsa did pressing first but do Pep fans acknowledge him? Even after Pep left Barcelona still won another Treble with the largely the same group of players... Pep achieved a lot at Barca but putting it in the proper context is not downplaying it.

NHale

Mourinho real reaction "Motherf.... little Spanish midget".

And besides the couple of mistakes that only happened because Mata showed something Mourinho always criticized "hustle".

Of course Bailly continues to do those cute passes on the defensive side with pressure. In the Premier League is only a matter of time until he start makes very dumb mistakes because of that just like in LaLiga.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Were those idiot fans chanting you scouse bastard to Ibe? A man born in London?

Whilst the only scouse on the pitch is their captain?

SHarris78

What are the crowd singing with the Man U chant which ends in 'reds go marching on on on', it sounds like 'who the fuck are Man United'?

Brinbe

Rooney's completely done. I know that's not exactly an original or new opinion. But it's so clear. Even legends get the bench when they don't have it anymore, doesn't matter what sport it is. He should be no different. We're playing Bournemouth and he's getting run around. Play him in the league cup or europa league, but he shouldn't be starting league games anymore.

Top Bottom