• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Meh, another boring Man Utd performance. Rooney is really holding us back. Mata is slow as shit as well but I'd rather him in num 10 and fast wingers.

If Jose is going to play Mata out wide to fit in Rooney he would be better off just selling him (Mata that is, no one else is footing Rooneys wages). Martial can't be relied on as the only one to have pace.

Thank fuck Pogba is here. Fellaini and Herrera are too slow as well.

If I were Ibra I'd be pissed at my service.

bjaelke

Cp0qc7dWEAAH9t3.jpg:large
I assume that intern has been let go by now.

Brinbe

Really makes no sense. Mata does Rooney's job better than Rooney can as a 10, and Mkhi/Martial out wide is what this game is crying out for.

T-Rex.

Banned
Not really. Have you read Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid? Lots of managers have revolutionized the tactics/the game. Roma's pioneered that inverted false 9 strikerless formation does that mean Luciano Spalletti is a god tier manager? Bielsa did pressing first but do Pep fans acknowledge him? Even after Pep left Barcelona still won another Treble with the largely the same group of players... Pep achieved a lot at Barca but putting it in the proper context is not downplaying it.
I don't know what you're arguing about here. I never said Pep is the GOAT manager or anything like that, I said his Barca accomplishments get downplayed and he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the job he did there, and that was in response to a post a few pages back where someone said it was the easiest job ever and he had players who were winning things on their own. How is that not downplaying it?

Audioboxer

Really makes no sense. Mata does Rooney's job better than Rooney can as a 10, and Mkhi/Martial out wide is what this game is crying out for.

This. Please Jose just find the guts to bench Rooney. He can't have a free role in number 10. He comes deep too often and plays like a CM. If we only have one striker the num 10 needs to be high up at all times.

He seems like he's having an existential crisis over what position he wants. Trying to play as a holding midfielder, central midfielder, defensive and a number 10 when you have feck all pace just isn't happening.

Especially when our striker has no pace and needs a num 10 attacking alongside. Ibra can't do a Martial and beat 3 men. He's there to bang in goals created by good service.

Blackhead

Redarse
I don't know what you're arguing about here. I never said Pep is the GOAT manager or anything like that, I said his Barca accomplishments get downplayed and he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the job he did there, and that was in response to a post a few pages back where someone said it was the easiest job ever and he had players who were winning things on their own. How is that not downplaying it?

ok i missed the post you were responding to. yeah, we largely agree.

Audioboxer

Uniteds final balls have been garbage as usual, again. Same with corners.

Guys do you even practice this shit in training?

NHale

This team needs Pogba so much. Fellaini and Herrera can't do anything to help the attack. Even Matic pushed the game sometimes at Chelsea from holding positions. You can't create mismatches if you keep attacking with 4 everytime.

NHale

Rooney lol

Ibra keeps feeding him good balls and he keeps failing.

EDIT: And another one feed from Ibra. Rooney dives.

King_Moc

Banned
Blatant dive by Rooney, and the commentators on the stream I was watching don't even call him on it. Were just like "You can see he was expecting a foot to come in, so he went down, but it didn't come". Didn't say dive, and almost made it sound like it was the Bournemouth guys fault for not obeying his wishes.

NHale

Maybe Mourinho is hoping Ibra kills Rooney in the dressing room after failing so much and then he doesn't need to bench him and lose some support from the Man Utd fans.

It reached a point where Ibra just said fuck it and is playing at 10.

EDIT: Herrera is so useless after another example of Bailly mistake prone

Audioboxer

An entertaining game has broken out here in the second half.

For a Rooney critic yeah, its given us some ammunition.

The guy needs to get suspended or injured and show Jose the squad has a good chance even without him.

I mean wishing a player gets injured is twisted but I just don't want another season of "lol Rooney is captain plays every match regardless".

Still this "don't dribble the ball" LVG bs. Gotta love being in the opponent's box and passing it all the way back to our defense...

This team needs Pogba so much. Fellaini and Herrera can't do anything to help the attack. Even Matic pushed the game sometimes at Chelsea from holding positions. You can't create mismatches if you keep attacking with 4 everytime.

Herrera's a lovely passer and has a decent shot from long range. If he's not getting involved its because of Mourinho's direction.

NHale

And of course the useless motherfucker scores '_'

Just like Mourinho predicted. He knew Bournemouth player would not clear an easy ball, Valencia cross into a Martial missed kick right into Rooney magical header into the net.

longdi

Banned
typical mou team, sit back and then scores for the win. Dat winning mentality

Manu are going to pick up the title, its over.

T-Rex.

Banned
Rumoured Liverpool team.

Mignolet; Moreno, Lovren, Klavan, Clyne; Can, Henderson, Lallana; Coutinho, Firmino, Mane.

Top Bottom