• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

There must be a crisis. Sky is definitely falling, right? Are they firing Pep already, I'm sure every newspaper will "wonder" considering what they did before, right?

You on crack? Take it you haven't been watching City's games then. City looked great until Bravo decided to say fuck it, going by the previous years that was by far the best performance against Barca. The prior years had basically been Hart against Barca. Missed him tonight in that second half, he would have been perfect for it.

that's a trademarked pep implosion.

I know this feeling too well citizens :|

That was nothing if you supported City pre-2008. That was far better than "typical City" that fans know of. Shit, you should have seen the implosions under Pellegrini.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
City's next game is Saints and I don't know what to think. Their current form is trash but you know they're due and someone is getting thumped.

PatjuhR

Watched another game yesterday, but I'm a bit satisfied with City's result. Not because of City, but because of Guardiola.

Alright, he let his teams play good football, but the dude was trainer at Barca and Munich. If he now wins the EPL and the CL with City I will consider him an excellent trainer. I believe he gets a little to much credit atm.

NHale

You on crack? Take it you haven't been watching City's games then. City looked great until Bravo decided to say fuck it, going by the previous years that was by far the best performance against Barca. The prior years had basically been Hart against Barca. Missed him tonight in that second half, he would have been perfect for it.

I was being sarcastic after the English press started the Mourinho being fired rumors after 3 games without wins early this year. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Is this trend of ball-playing keepers only in the last 2-3 years or so? I don't remember Valdes doing much of this under Pep in the Barca team of 08-12, though I could be wrong.

Is it something he started doing after he managed Neuer?

I still don't get the thinking! I remember watching Cillessen at the World Cup and there were times when he was trying to dribble the fucking ball out of his own box, doing Cruyff turns and shit like that. Seemed like suicide football, I dunno...

PatjuhR

It's ridiculous tbh.

Here in the Netherlands it turned out to be some of the basic skills a keeper needs to have. It's absolutely ridiculous.

At Ajax we somehow said to ourselves we GOTTA have a goalie that can football aswell. I think Cillessen fits that description, but WHY? All I've seen him doing is playing balls wide to the backs and central defense instead of shooting balls up in the air. And when they put pressure on him he HAS to shoot the balls away or does one of the risky turns you are talking about.

The passes he does are not hard. Everybody who ever played football can do those. It's a mentality thing and doesn't require skill.

A goalie needs reflexes, being secure at high balls and knowing when to stay on his line or when to charge out. Not a good footballer.

Looking gorgeous!

bundesliga.png

Syder

Fenerbahçe have had a pretty poor start to the season so there's no excuse for United not to pick up 3 points tonight.

Blablurn

7 - Since September 9th only #Cavani (12) and #Messi (9) scored more goals than #Kimmich (7) in all comps of the big 5 leagues. Bomber.

Jarnet87

I thought Rooney had some decent hold up play and distribution against Fenerbache but i continue to be shocked by how much of his goal scoring ability he has lost. Mata played well but Mou is going to go back to Herrera Fellaigoat Pogba at Stamford. Maybe if Chelsea aren't controlling all the momentum in the 2nd Mou will make some more attacking minded subs, otherwise let's pray Zlatan has his shooting boots on.

tim.mbp

Some good looking games this weekend, Valencia vs. Barcelona, Bayern vs. Gladbach, Milan vs. Juve, Sevilla vs. Atlético, PSG vs. Marseille, Galician derby.

NHale

Chelsea vs. United on Sunday

Considering how Mourinho is going to play for the tie despite having a better team than Chelsea, that doesn't look like a good looking game at all.

The only question is if Hazard scores 3 goals and scream at Mourinho or he completely hides during the game and gets out unnoticed and then blames it on Antonio Conte for not speaking to him while he was brushing his teeth.

yagal

Some good looking games this weekend, Valencia vs. Barcelona, Bayern vs. Gladbach, Milan vs. Juve, Sevilla vs. Atlético, PSG vs. Marseille, Galician derby.

Valencia vs. Barcelona.... no story here
Bayern vs. Gladbach .... usual Blaburn's love7hate comments
Milan vs. Juventus .... Juve is clearly a better team but it is foot so who know
Sevilla vs. Atlético ......
PSG vs. Marseille .... Again no story here, but it will be the debut of Rudi Garcia as OM coach, and the beginning of the McCourt era after two decades of bullshit and delusion
Chelsea vs. United ..... Mou don't have balls

spidye

Valencia vs. Barcelona.... no story here
Bayern vs. Gladbach .... usual Blaburn's love7hate comments
Milan vs. Juventus .... Juve is clearly a better team but it is foot so who know
Sevilla vs. Atlético ......
PSG vs. Marseille .... Again no story here, but it will be the debut of Rudi Garcia as OM coach, and the beginning of the McCourt era after two decades of bullshit and delusion
Chelsea vs. United ..... Mou don't have balls
Bayern hasn't won once in the last 4 games against gladbach. In fact, no other team has won more against us in the last 5 years.

spidye

I can't seethe dortmund match but what are they doing?
That would have been the best opportunity to win the league when bayern struggles but they are going to lose against fucking ingolstadt

What happened to milch?

tim.mbp

I can't seethe dortmund match but what are they doing?
That would have been the best opportunity to win the league when bayern struggles but they are going to lose against fucking ingolstadt

What happened to milch?

Liverpool-esque set piece defending.

Top Bottom