• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Can't remember the last time we had a weekend like this (nearly all the results going our way plus the fact we actually capitalised). It will be interesting to see what the managers have too say.

Beefy

Mourinho has to cut deep and clear out the whole squad. Unless he does then he can look forward to being the next to ship out in a coffin from a club on a downward spiral to being a mid-table club.

6 points isn't impossible to catch up on but this squad has no chance. I won't start posting hyperbole though this early on in the season. Football fans often have very short ups and downs claiming things are all over when they aren't.

Playing Fellaini instead of Mata, and Micki being invisible is just mind boggling. Unless Micki is injured again.

Seeing as you still owe us cash, can you sell Schneiderlin back to us?

EmiPrime

Maybe Mata and Schneiderlin should start instead of being like, 6th or 7th choice.

Maybe spending £95m on an attacking midfielder who has the defensive ability of a training cone when you have a crap back 4 that badly needs investment isn't a good idea.

Maybe Moyes was robbed.

I'll stop now.

Audioboxer

Seeing as you still owe us cash, can you sell Schneiderlin back to us?

He really hasn't made it at the club so I would say he's someone that has to go. Not that I'd be playing Fellaini over Schneiderlin.

Heck even not playing Carrick today was a mistake.

I'd be selling Schneiderlin, Herrera, Fellaini and Rojo for definite. None of them are good enough. Lingaard should be second choice, he's not good enough yet to be in a club that's suppose to be challenging for the title. Martial should always be starting unless a better left winger can be found.

Also Smalling should never wear a captains armband, he is not a captain. Never will be.

LeleSocho

Banned
Mou to Conte at the end of the match:
"with the supporters, in my opinion, you do that on 1-0 not when you are winning 4-0... it's an humiliation for us"
This was regarding Conte firing up Chelsea supporters near the end of the match.

Audioboxer

Mou not so special anymore?

He needs a better squad, but unless he stops his career rot he is going to continue to decline. Football fans have brains like sieves but it's up to a top Manager to retain consistency and bounce back from career setbacks. Not allow rot to continue and follow them for years.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"with the supporters, in my opinion, you do that on 1-0 not when you are winning 4-0... it's an humiliation for us"
This was regarding Conte firing up Chelsea supporters near the end of the match.

Given how Chelsea didn't play that well in the games against Arsenal and Liverpool, I don't blame Conte for having this reaction. Finally his system seems to work flawlessly.

Audioboxer

Given how Chelsea didn't play that well in the games against Arsenal and Liverpool, I don't blame Conte for having this reaction. Finally his system seems to work flawlessly.

I don't know where he got that from but it's not Mourinho

"It was fine, I was not expecting anything different here. The crowd behaved in a normal way. My words were with Antonio Conte were for him, not for you."

Conte not saying either

"When there is a private conversation it is right to remain private, I have great respect for Jose, he is a great manager and he won a lot here."

Also

This is Jose Mourinho’s heaviest Premier League defeat as a manager. Only against Barcelona in November 2010 did he lose by a greater margin in all competitions (5-0).

The last time Manchester United lost by 4+ goals away from home in the Premier League was also v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1999.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/37156088

It shows you just how much of a disaster of a club Man Utd are right now. Mourinho decided to go for this job though, so it's on him to turn the club around. Benching Rooney isn't enough, there needs to be a clear out of players and decent purchases that aren't all just about chasing superstars.

Floody

Lol, he comes across like such a baby at times, hopefully this is the start of another meltdown, his ego will be shattered if it happens again, especially after he spent so much.

Audioboxer

The offense consists of young upcomers like Ibra and Lolney

Don't forget Young. Even Van Gaal wanted to play Young as a striker.

Should add Young and Depay as yet another two players who need to be sold. The list is never-ending.

Getting Rooney off the wage list should be a priority. To be honest Schweinsteiger too. Combined they probably exceed 500k a week. Glorious.

How in fucks name can anyone know that's what was said?

Don't forget Young. Even Van Gaal wanted to play Young as a striker.

Should add Young and Depay as yet another two players who need to be sold. The list is never-ending.

Getting Rooney off the wage list should be a priority. To be honest Schweinsteiger too. Combined they probably exceed 500k a week. Glorious.

Maybe give schweini a chance before axing him

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Real defends terrible this season. And lets all the teams attack them. I understand that Real counters can be deadly, but this tactic assumes that you know how to defend properly.

Onemic

What's the difference between someone that plays left or right forward and someone that plays left/right winger?

And Ronaldo gotta learn how to pass

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A lot of times it looks like Zidane has his substitutions decided before the beginning of the game and sometimes they make no logic in the context of the game. At least this is my impression.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
A lot of times it looks like Zidane has his substitutions decided before the beginning of the game and sometimes they make no logic in the context of the game. At least this is my impression.
Subbing isco which was playing well and bringing vasques doesn't make any sense imo

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ronaldo plays only with his name now. Any other player would have been benched long ago.

Subbing isco which was playing well and bringing vasques doesn't make any sense imo

Yeah, that's why I said that it looked like it was decided before the game. "Isco will play x minutes then Vasquez will play".

Bringing Vazquez in was not wrong, but there were a lot of players who played worse than Isco. Totally illogical.

Audioboxer

He spoke to him in Italian and it was audible, words are directly from Mou's mouth.

On TV? I couldn't hear shit. Were you watching on Sky Sports? I mean I don't doubt that is something Mourinho would say, I just want hard evidence first.

Maybe give schweini a chance before axing him

I love him as a person, I just don't think he's what a club like Man Utd needs to get back to winning ways. I think he would do better back in another league, or at another Prem league club. Again, to reiterate, that is not a slight on his person, he genuinely comes across as such a humble person. He's just not fit enough to be a consistent starter.

Better than whatever pogba is doing or fellaini

Pogba had a fucking awful game, but after the European game let us not pretend most clubs wouldn't jump at the chance to slot Pogba into their solid lineup.

The problem for Man Utd is the backbone is so shitty they're trying to get Pogba to do everything in midfield. Pogba should be given a free role with someone like Carrick to steady the ship. Look how amazing their partnership worked.

Pogba and Fellaini is like a fucking car crash. To expect Pogba to defend is to expect Ronaldo to defend. Pogba can be a good holding midfielder, but that is in possession of the ball. He needs a solid partner who will actually defend and win the ball back when the side isn't in possession.

In all fairness but if Carrick has granda legs now or something given how sparingly he's being used, rotating between him and Schweinsteiger to play alongside Pogba would be a dream compared to using Fellaini. So yeah, for now, #bringbacktheSchwein

Top Bottom