• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

longdi

Banned
Manu is so slow up front, with no one making spaces yet they scored 3? Swansea is so shit.

This is in contrast with Liverpool high pressure game...

I'd be cool with Liverpool and Chelsea shooting their way through the league this season and the championship being decided by goal differential.

Floody

Bar the not keeping a clean sheet (who needs them?), that was a pretty much perfect performance, and could have been like 8 or even 9-1 had Sturridge had a bit of luck, against a Watford side that have been pretty good this season too. Also really happy Gini got his goal, been really happy with him so far.

10 different players have scored for Liverpool so far this season, which is the most by any team in the Prem right now. Sturridge deserved a goal, its like the keeper became god mode whenever he had a shot on target.

Floody

Hope Ibra gets a hattrick for confidence. Bloody hell this Swansea team are awful though.

Honestly probably the first time I've been happy (well not happy really, just not annoyed) that United are winning, Swansea should've kept Guidolin, he mighn't have had the results go in his favor, but the team was playing much better (still been our hardest game so far imo) and I wouldn't be surprised if they get relegated now.

10 different players have scored for Liverpool so far this season, which is the most by any team in the Prem right now. Sturridge deserved a goal, its like the keeper became god mode whenever he had a shot on target.

Sturridge will probably score 10 PL goals anyways. So good to have that coming.

Floody

Sturridge will probably score 10 PL goals anyways. So good to have that coming.

Really hoping he steps up when Mane fucks off to the AFCON for a month (probably). He looked good today, just unlucky, so that's at least giving me some confidence we'll cope without Mane alright.

Really hoping he steps up when Mane fucks off to the AFCON for a month (probably). He looked good today, just unlucky, so that's at least giving me some confidence we'll cope without Mane alright.

Let's hope, otherwise Klopp has hinted that he might go into the transfer market when Mane leaves for AFCON, especially now that Ings is out for the season.

Honestly probably the first time I've been happy (well not happy really, just not annoyed) that United are winning, Swansea should've kept Guidolin, he mighn't have had the results go in his favor, but the team was playing much better (still been our hardest game so far imo) and I wouldn't be surprised if they get relegated now.

I'd go further than that, I'd be very, very surprised if they stay up

They've lost their identity and have transformed themselves into a run of the mill bottom-end PL team over the years, and those teams are always at risk of having a particularly poor season and getting relegated. They've gone from having a very solid philosophy that ran through their playstyle and recruitment (managers and players) to just bringing in anyone who has a half-decent CV.

Audioboxer

At least Swansea got a goal for their fans. Arsenal are going to destroy Man Utd without Ibra. They would have anyway. Jose gonna park the bus and hope.

If being top of the table means suffering, then yes, we do.
Otherwise you will suffer another championship where you play no role in it.

For munich it is embarassing to have anybody even near them.

And yes dortmund will probably not be anywhere near the top this season (my prediction is that they clinch an EL spot)

This is what makes me so happy, we don't have to depend on one player to score goals.

Sry for the following German Text. Maybe google translate can help you English speaking folks out ;)

Alles aus Liebe!

Woche für Woche supporten wir unseren Verein! Wir stehen in unserer Kurve und singen für unseren Verein! Wir singen einzig und allein für unseren Verein und nicht für irgendwelche Fußballmillionäre oder Firmen, denen es nur ums Marketing geht. Mag sein, dass es bei unseren Vereinen es nicht immer so läuft wie wir uns es vorstellen. Mag sein, dass wir tausende Kilometer verschwenden, nur um eine klatsche zu kriegen. Mag sein, dass unsere Vereine durch Abstiege und sportliche Krisen geprägt sind. Oft werden wir gefragt wie wir das ganze ertragen können und warum wir das ganze auf uns nehmen. Die Antwort ist einfach: Alles aus Liebe! Alles aus Liebe zu unserem Verein! Mag sein, dass es Zeiten gibt, wo man Woche für Woche einen auf Schnauze bekommt, aber der Moment, wenn der Verein nach all den Niederlagen endlich mal wieder gewinnt, ist unbeschreiblich. Dieses Glücksgefühl ist nicht in Worte zu fassen. Und warum das für uns so Emotional ist? Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo alles echt ist. Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo es nur um Fußball geht und es nicht darum geht irgendwelche Dosen zu verkaufen. Mag sein, dass RB jetzt zweiter und punktgleich mit den Bayern ist, aber die Emotionen, die wir bei einem Traditionsverein haben, wird man nie bei euch finden. Vielleicht bekommt unser Verein gerade in der ersten Liga ordentlich ein aufs Maul. Vielleicht spielt unser Verein gerade in der zweiten, dritten, vierten oder fünften Liga. Aber das ist uns tausendmal lieber, als überhaupt einen Tag lang RB zu unterstützen.

Nein zu RB! Tradition schlägt jeden Trend!

This is what makes me so happy, we don't have to depend on one player to score goals.

That's the most important thing. Before we kept looking for a messiah to save us. Whether it be Gerrard, Suarez or Sturridge. Once they weren't available we started to pour pressure onto Sterling and Coutinho to step up when the others weren't.

Now we don't seem to have that problem anymore. I really want Sturridge and Origi to score in the Prem already but when we have players like Can, Wijnaldum, Lovren and Matip getting on the score sheet, I really can't complain.

Best wishes.

Floody

I'd go further than that, I'd be very, very surprised if they stay up

They've lost their identity and have transformed themselves into a run of the mill bottom-end PL team over the years, and those teams are always at risk of having a particularly poor season and getting relegated. They've gone from having a very solid philosophy that ran through their playstyle and recruitment (managers and players) to just bringing in anyone who has a half-decent CV.

I honestly thought they were still in a safe spot, didn't know they were joint last. Yeah, they're definitely gone, Sunderland will do their usual beat everyone at the end of the season and doom them. Such a shame how quickly their new owners fucked it up for them, really don't see them coming back anytime soon either if they do go down.

Sry for the following German Text. Maybe google translate can help you English speaking folks out ;)

Alles aus Liebe!

Woche für Woche supporten wir unseren Verein! Wir stehen in unserer Kurve und singen für unseren Verein! Wir singen einzig und allein für unseren Verein und nicht für irgendwelche Fußballmillionäre oder Firmen, denen es nur ums Marketing geht. Mag sein, dass es bei unseren Vereinen es nicht immer so läuft wie wir uns es vorstellen. Mag sein, dass wir tausende Kilometer verschwenden, nur um eine klatsche zu kriegen. Mag sein, dass unsere Vereine durch Abstiege und sportliche Krisen geprägt sind. Oft werden wir gefragt wie wir das ganze ertragen können und warum wir das ganze auf uns nehmen. Die Antwort ist einfach: Alles aus Liebe! Alles aus Liebe zu unserem Verein! Mag sein, dass es Zeiten gibt, wo man Woche für Woche einen auf Schnauze bekommt, aber der Moment, wenn der Verein nach all den Niederlagen endlich mal wieder gewinnt, ist unbeschreiblich. Dieses Glücksgefühl ist nicht in Worte zu fassen. Und warum das für uns so Emotional ist? Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo alles echt ist. Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo es nur um Fußball geht und es nicht darum geht irgendwelche Dosen zu verkaufen. Mag sein, dass RB jetzt zweiter und punktgleich mit den Bayern ist, aber die Emotionen, die wir bei einem Traditionsverein haben, wird man nie bei euch finden. Vielleicht bekommt unser Verein gerade in der ersten Liga ordentlich ein aufs Maul. Vielleicht spielt unser Verein gerade in der zweiten, dritten, vierten oder fünften Liga. Aber das ist uns tausendmal lieber, als überhaupt einen Tag lang RB zu unterstützen.

Nein zu RB! Tradition schlägt jeden Trend!

Cringeworthy bullshit

Top Bottom