• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

dg5S2dj.gif

Cringeworthy bullshit

I don't know how invested you are in your club. (not wanting to call you out, just explainong my pov)

I have been there for mine, no matter the tire, no matter the position, no matter the score. I've been through relegations and promotions. My club is a part of my identity. I'm always there, home or away.

Simply put: it' my live.

Now, it's not like I'm elevating myself over any other fan, or "fans" of Bullshit Leipzig for that matter. I just have a major gripe with how the modern football buissness works.

A club should have no owner, no investor. (That's one of the reasons why I don't give a shit about the Premier League) No player is worth 100+ Million Euros. No ticket is worth 50+ Euros.

Football, for me, is about passion, not marketing. Bullshit Leipzig is about the latter.

It's not like the "fans" of theirs do not deserve to see first tire football. But they deserve better than this shit.

In Leipzig only Lok and Chemie!

COME ON EFFZEH!

la_briola

Sry for the following German Text. Maybe google translate can help you English speaking folks out ;)

Alles aus Liebe!

Woche für Woche supporten wir unseren Verein! Wir stehen in unserer Kurve und singen für unseren Verein! Wir singen einzig und allein für unseren Verein und nicht für irgendwelche Fußballmillionäre oder Firmen, denen es nur ums Marketing geht. Mag sein, dass es bei unseren Vereinen es nicht immer so läuft wie wir uns es vorstellen. Mag sein, dass wir tausende Kilometer verschwenden, nur um eine klatsche zu kriegen. Mag sein, dass unsere Vereine durch Abstiege und sportliche Krisen geprägt sind. Oft werden wir gefragt wie wir das ganze ertragen können und warum wir das ganze auf uns nehmen. Die Antwort ist einfach: Alles aus Liebe! Alles aus Liebe zu unserem Verein! Mag sein, dass es Zeiten gibt, wo man Woche für Woche einen auf Schnauze bekommt, aber der Moment, wenn der Verein nach all den Niederlagen endlich mal wieder gewinnt, ist unbeschreiblich. Dieses Glücksgefühl ist nicht in Worte zu fassen. Und warum das für uns so Emotional ist? Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo alles echt ist. Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo es nur um Fußball geht und es nicht darum geht irgendwelche Dosen zu verkaufen. Mag sein, dass RB jetzt zweiter und punktgleich mit den Bayern ist, aber die Emotionen, die wir bei einem Traditionsverein haben, wird man nie bei euch finden. Vielleicht bekommt unser Verein gerade in der ersten Liga ordentlich ein aufs Maul. Vielleicht spielt unser Verein gerade in der zweiten, dritten, vierten oder fünften Liga. Aber das ist uns tausendmal lieber, als überhaupt einen Tag lang RB zu unterstützen.

Nein zu RB! Tradition schlägt jeden Trend!

worst post of the year

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sry for the following German Text. Maybe google translate can help you English speaking folks out ;)

Alles aus Liebe!

Woche für Woche supporten wir unseren Verein! Wir stehen in unserer Kurve und singen für unseren Verein! Wir singen einzig und allein für unseren Verein und nicht für irgendwelche Fußballmillionäre oder Firmen, denen es nur ums Marketing geht. Mag sein, dass es bei unseren Vereinen es nicht immer so läuft wie wir uns es vorstellen. Mag sein, dass wir tausende Kilometer verschwenden, nur um eine klatsche zu kriegen. Mag sein, dass unsere Vereine durch Abstiege und sportliche Krisen geprägt sind. Oft werden wir gefragt wie wir das ganze ertragen können und warum wir das ganze auf uns nehmen. Die Antwort ist einfach: Alles aus Liebe! Alles aus Liebe zu unserem Verein! Mag sein, dass es Zeiten gibt, wo man Woche für Woche einen auf Schnauze bekommt, aber der Moment, wenn der Verein nach all den Niederlagen endlich mal wieder gewinnt, ist unbeschreiblich. Dieses Glücksgefühl ist nicht in Worte zu fassen. Und warum das für uns so Emotional ist? Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo alles echt ist. Weil wir einen Verein supporten, wo es nur um Fußball geht und es nicht darum geht irgendwelche Dosen zu verkaufen. Mag sein, dass RB jetzt zweiter und punktgleich mit den Bayern ist, aber die Emotionen, die wir bei einem Traditionsverein haben, wird man nie bei euch finden. Vielleicht bekommt unser Verein gerade in der ersten Liga ordentlich ein aufs Maul. Vielleicht spielt unser Verein gerade in der zweiten, dritten, vierten oder fünften Liga. Aber das ist uns tausendmal lieber, als überhaupt einen Tag lang RB zu unterstützen.

And what's your club? Stock market traded Dortmund? Or maybe Bayern who are partially owned by Audi, Allianz and Adidas?

Audioboxer

Alles aus Liebe!

Unsure if bait? My German from high school is basic, rough and this far after school almost all forgotten.

Either way German Football GAF always seems mental. Haven't members of it been banned before? lol. Things seem rather tame now in Footie GAF, where is the outrage lads? WHO IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD? ARE ARSENAL THE KING'S OF BOTTLING IT?

Jack cw

Alles aus Liebe!

This is the worst argument regarding the plastic club debate.
Red Bull is the best thing that could happen to Bundesliga. They use their money wisely and I hope they reach CL to invest even more and become a top club. Right now they live on a philosophy of skilled young players and a system that is basically pressing with high pace vertical attack. That will work for a while but the true test comes when they play international.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lokomotiv Leipzig, and quite a bit actually, but I am really glad we have a genuine good side coming from East Deutschland. RB-backed or not.

bjaelke

'We need to stuff them… Heck, even if we stuffed them 5-0 the media would massage Jurgen’s ego telling him how it’s the awful ugly side of English football that some little brats like Watford can come along and have the audacity of winning at the famous Liverpool in front of the awesome and most amazing fans in the world on the Kop, and ruining his perfectly good day.

'The papers the next day would be full of how amazing Jurgen is that he showed such god-like composure after the defeat and how he’s so amazing that he will turn it around and “oh when he almost lost his glasses again, whadda super guy”.

'The Telegraph would have a field day about how we had 11 men on the pitch, that one of our players got on the bus without a ticket so should be investigated, or that Capoue’s socks were 2mm higher that the premier league regulation 32 mm below the knee so the game should be forfeit and awarded to the glorious and obviously cheated Liverpool.

'1-3 Watford.'
Some Watford fan had it in for Klopp before the game yesterday. Looks like a proper bellend (now).

Elchele

Red Bull are pioneers in what marketing will be about in the next years. Their clubs, Redbull TV, etc. They are actually making us pay to watch their advertisements. It's truly genius.

I hate that, but that's how things will work in a few years. They are investing money and making shit happen, sure it is branded Red Bull and that takes a bit away from the spirit of anything but in all honestly... what chances Leipzig had to have a Bundesliga club in the near or distant future without Red Bull involvement?

Just accept it. they are doing all the administration and sporting things right.

Lunar FC

What are some good documentaries/books about the history of Liverpool? As somebody who is young enough to never had Liverpool win the championship in thier lifetime, i've just never really gone out of my way to learn about it. Being stateside makes it impossible to just absorb the history naturally over time. But I think it's finally time to get educated.

Thanks.

What are some good documentaries/books about the history of Liverpool? As somebody who is young enough to never had Liverpool win the championship in thier lifetime, i've just never really gone out of my way to learn about it. Being stateside makes it impossible to just absorb the history naturally over time. But I think it's finally time to get educated.

Thanks.

I can start a thread on RAWK for you asking that if you want, should get some good replies?

Jarnet87

Not that Phil Jones had much to do against Swansea but he looked pretty good. Chances of him staying healthy are minimal but if he can string some games together Smalling might be the odd man out once Bailly returns. Arsenal will be a much bigger test, assuming he doesn't break between now and the match. 2 weeks is a lot of time for Phil to injure himself.

norinrad

Shaw was thriving under LvG until that unfortunate incident that disrupted his season. Mou seems to be already handing him and Smalling a rope. Nasty guy for a trainer.

Top Bottom