• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Jarnet87

Shaw was thriving under LvG until that unfortunate incident that disrupted his season. Mou seems to be already handing him and Smalling a rope. Nasty guy for a trainer.

Shaw had a pretty good preseason under Mou. His play has just been erratic so far. I think United ask too much of their fullbacks. For many a season now there has been a lack of width in the team. Most of the time there literally no one on the right side of the attacking third except for Valencia.

Could someone explain to me what Leipzig is doing so right?

Investing in football in a league that only one team prior really could.

Red Bull have a huge network of professional sports people, many of which are the best in their field, as well as having some of the best trainers on their books and an administrative side that have managed a large amount of individuals to success. Then look at their other big money investments such as F1 and MotoGP it is clear they know what they are doing.

Being angry about Leipzig is just bullshit.

Red Bull bought a 5th division club in 2009! What they have done is awesome, and shows how different they are in their approach. Yes the logo could be less jarring, but still... I don't see how it's any different from a pharmaceutical company owning a club, or even worse, a top flight club being bought by some Sheikh who injects hundreds of millions that have blood all over them.

la_briola

Red Bull bought a 5th division club in 2009! What they have done is awesome, and shows how different they are in their approach. Yes the logo could be less jarring, but still... I don't see how it's any different from a pharmaceutical company owning a club, or even worse, a top flight club being bought by some Sheikh who injects hundreds of millions that have blood all over them.

Bayer Leverkusen is a bit different to be fair. You should read about it.

Bayer Leverkusen originally was a employee sports club

El Topo

I've seen enough of what ocesc might call "real fans" to not give a shit about RB Leipzig.

Investing in football in a league that only one team prior really could.

I assume you mean Austria, because this is simply not true for Germany, see the total revenue/investment over the past years by other clubs (compared to RB) or Hoffenheim for a previous example.

T-Rex.

Banned
What are some good documentaries/books about the history of Liverpool? As somebody who is young enough to never had Liverpool win the championship in thier lifetime, i've just never really gone out of my way to learn about it. Being stateside makes it impossible to just absorb the history naturally over time. But I think it's finally time to get educated.

Thanks.
This is a good read.

Beefy

Messi's got a black out tattoo

_92332513_messireuters.jpg

Now New Balance supporting Trump too. Sorry Liverpool, but I'm not funding that shit by buying new kits anymore.

What the hell is going on...

Syder

Now New Balance supporting Trump too.
It's baffling as to why a sports clothing company would come out and say this. Just shut the fuck up.
I think a lot of people could potentially boycott them whereas if they hadn't said anything, who's going to care about their political allegiance?

tim.mbp

Really need these games to take my mind of things. Colombia vs. Chile, Uruguay vs. Ecuador and Brazil vs. Argentina should all be intense.

DBT85

It's baffling as to why a sports clothing company would come out and say this. Just shut the fuck up.
I think a lot of people could potentially boycott them whereas if they hadn't said anything, who's going to care about their political allegiance?

Do they make kits for handegg or anything like that?

RiggyRob

Do they make kits for handegg or anything like that?

Does anyone care? I imagine the vast majority of in football don't.

By the way, with Ed Glazer supporting Trump - the same article says his brother supported Hillary as well, just to less money, so really it's a case of 'the rich support the richer'. Not that it isn't 'deplorable', but it happens all the time and Manchester United have no control over what their owners do.

longdi

Banned
Messi should have stayed retired.
This argie coach is so out of his depth. But i guess he will get another silly tattoo, one for every international disappointment

Jarnet87

Anyone else rooting for Mexico on Saturday?

Game is tomorrow night. I have never been a USA supporter. They were a nice underdog story in 02 but got hyped up as some emerging powerhouse going into the 06 tournament, at least lots of hype from the american sports media. Seeing them lose is always a pleasure.

Syder

Game is tomorrow night. I have never been a USA supporter. They were a nice underdog story in 02 but got hyped up as some emerging powerhouse going into the 06 tournament, at least lots of hype from the american sports media. Seeing them lose is always a pleasure.
Yeah, you're right, it's just 1AM Sat for me.

1. Mexico go 1-0 up
  2. Build a wall
  3. ????
  4. Profit
tumblr_lndsqbB26e1qa756q.gif

Top Bottom