• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

la_briola

Ancelotti.

ohhh.png

Syder

@dwright75
Two ex-players have told me they were abused at Southampton during the 1980s. More in paper, and online in the morning

‏@dwright75
Both spoke independently, both have contacted the NSPCC to report their experiences
Damn. Glad more people are finding the courage to come forward.

Beefy

@JPW_NBCSports
Brazilian soccer has reacted admirably to tragedy involving #Chapecoense. No relegation for 3 years + no fees for loan players #ForzaChapeco

Floody

Through to the semis, another clean sheet, players not giving up after a tough game and Owen losing a record makes for a great night. Thought Leeds were really good though and their fan were amazing, hope to see them back up soon.

Syder

Gareth Southgate appointed England manager on four-year contract
Southgate, 46, stepped up from his role as England Under-21s manager in September following Sam Allardyce's departure after only 67 days in charge.
He oversaw two wins and two draws as interim boss and has signed a contract reportedly worth up to £2m a year.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the players over these past four games and I think there is huge potential," said Southgate.
"I am extremely proud to be appointed England manager. However, I am also conscious getting the job is one thing, now I want to do the job successfully.
"I'm determined to give everything I have to give the country a team that they're proud of and one that they're going to enjoy watching play and develop."

yella

Mkhitaryan and Shaw start for United. Full lineup:

De Gea; Rojo, Jones, Shaw, Valencia; Rooney, Carrick, Herrera; Ibrahimovic, Martial, Mkhitaryan.

Interesting lineup. Let's see how this goes...

Syder

Mkhitaryan and Shaw start for United. Full lineup:

De Gea; Rojo, Jones, Shaw, Valencia; Rooney, Carrick, Herrera; Ibrahimovic, Martial, Mkhitaryan.

Interesting lineup. Let's see how this goes...
Easy win. We've put out a joke line-up.

Syder

This is just indicative of how shite United are.

Hilarious how many good players United have let go over the years.

Syder

IS CRESSWELL REALLY GOING TO GET INJURED IN THE MICKEY MOUSE CUP!? FFS

I'm legit shook that we're not 4-0 after that start. United will still win and Mou will get praise for 'going for a trophy' despite our weakened team.

Ashley Fletcher has actually looked great in every appearance he's made. I could really see him being a starter for us as Zaza is shocking and Sakho & Carroll can't get their shit together.

TeddyBoy

EFL Cup Semi Final:

Man Utd vs Hull
Southampton vs Liverpool

The games are to be played over two legs on the weeks commencing Jan 9th and Jan 23rd.

Syder

Wow, that's really terrible. There's no excuse for suppressing this in the modern day.

As a supporter of a club with a world-renowned youth system, I pray we're not mixed up in this somehow.

EmiPrime

Chelsea sanctioned a secret payment to a former youth team footballer who accused the club’s ex-chief scout of child sexual abuse, The Telegraph can disclose.

The alleged victim was paid off after threatening to go public with claims he was sexually assaulted in the 1970s by Eddie Heath, Chelsea’s influential chief scout for more than a decade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-secret-payment-player-child-sex-abuse-claim/

Disgusting

"The payment, made in the past three years"

EmiPrime

Don't know what you are getting at?

This is a very recent coverup involving people at the highest level of Chelsea football club. I've seen some people try to make light of the child abuse cases, that it was just something confined to a certain era but it's not, this shit is ongoing and these clubs still want to protect their reputation and brush it under the carpet more than they want justice for the victims. I am fucking seething mate.

Beefy

This is a very recent coverup involving people at the highest level of Chelsea football club. I've seen some people try to make light of the child abuse cases, that it was just something confined to a certain era but it's not, this shit is ongoing and these clubs still want to protect their reputation and brush it under the carpet more than they want justice for the victims. I am fucking seething mate.

Yeah it is disgusting. Not giving a shit about the children being abuse, just care about their image as a club.

Beefy

@stevescott_itv
Greater Manchester Police reveal they're investigating 35 cases of non-recent sex abuse in youth football with 10 separate suspects.

Beefy

Paul Stewart's account of being abused by a coach.

WARNING THIS IS TOUGH READ

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-liverpool-fc-player-paul-12216103

Dean Radford and Jamie Webb have spoken about incidents they said happened when they were in their teens.

A number of other players have also come forward saying they were abused at the club.

Southampton FC said it would co-operate fully with any police investigation.

As a member of the schoolboy development teams, Mr Radford said he would stay over in Southampton during weekends away from his native Bristol.

Along with another young player, he said he was made to "snuggle up" with a club employee on a couch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-38128841

Top Bottom