• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Floody

They're a team that needs every point it can get. Hardly fault them for hoping to get a draw against the likes of Liverpool.

I know, I don't mind if they at least try to score, like what Burnley did, but just showing up to hopefully not get smashed just annoys me, and is just setting yourself up to lose. Also, I'm salty about Couts getting injured, so fuck'em.

Edit: Should say I still thought Sunderland were good, and can see this working against "lesser" teams (hell, even the good teams too), but if they were braver, they probably could've scored before we did, but they decided it'd be better to just not commit to most of their few counters.

spidye

incredible

Thiago scores and Lewandowski looks like someone shot his mother

what is wrong with him? he's constantly whining about non existent fouls and always giving Müller the look just because he doesn't get the ball from him

Syder

Damn. Football-gaf community has died.
Happens when half its members are banned or leave in solidary. :lol
Crazy how active this community was just a few years ago. I guess a couple of hard purges will do this. I still see a lot of formerly active FootyGAF posters on other parts of the board though so I guess it left a bitter taste in people's mouths. Football is pretty divisive, I guess.
Still nothing stopping people from contributing more.

NHale

Crazy how active this community was just a few years ago. I guess a couple of hard purges will do this. I still see a lot of formerly active FootyGAF posters on other parts of the board though so I guess it left a bitter taste in people's mouths. Football is pretty divisive, I guess.

Mourinho needs to rant more. More than enough to spike interest up again. Also doesn't help that LaLiga seems dead.

EDIT - Well if West Ham wins today, I guess the Mourinho sacked rumors might spike the interest from the usual Mourinho haters here and the special LvG fanboy we have here.

spidye

to be honest, it were always the same users who were the most active and it we talked less and less about football. I'd hoped that some of those guys from back then would return after the exoudus, though

Damn. Football-gaf community has died.

Crazy I still see a lot of formerly active FootyGAF posters on other parts of the board though so I guess it left a bitter taste in people's mouths. Football is pretty divisive, I guess.

Only so many times I can be bothered to read 'Fraudiola' before I switch to other channels for football talk. The level of discussion for football on GAF is really pretty low.

NHale

So let's get some content here according to the 25% accurate Portuguese press:

Man United is interested in Lindelof (30M release clause) and Gelson Martins (not more than 30M as well, release clause is rumored to be 45M and he's refusing to sign a new deal because he wants to go to Man United or Real Madrid) in the January window. Andre Silva is a target for the summer.

spidye

Only so many times I can be bothered to read 'Fraudiola' before I switch to other channels for football talk. The level of discussion for football on GAF is really pretty low.
You're always welcome to start a discussion. Forget those one word responses or tongue in cheek remarks. You can have some pretty well sentenced and articulated arguments going by users like syder, jack, and many more.

NHale

United are fucking killing it... better get that win today.

They have been playing very well for a while. Results on the other hand.... both Stoke and Burnley were complete dominations and they still tied.

Mourinho is right in some stuff he's been saying about being "unlucky". With more normality they would be 5pts or so behind but maybe this is karma for the years of playing poorly at Chelsea and getting the wins unfairly.

bjaelke

Aspas and Suso are tearing up their respective leagues. Not sure which performance I'm most surprised about but happy for the both of them.

Syder

Aspas' form is more shocking, to me. He looked absolutely terrible at Liverpool. Suso was just a youth player not given enough chances.

NHale

With Rashford and Miki blaring misses, Mourinho can't whine about unlucky today. Players have to score in those conditions.

Syder

Everton look resigned to scrapping for a Europa League place already. Wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku moves on this Summer.

Syder

Why not January?
Whoever buys would have to pay a mid-season premium. I think there are question marks over his consistency from some people. He's probably going to be around £50m either way. I can definitely see him playing for a top CL club though.

Top Bottom