• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Bloody hell being a Man Utd fan continues to spiral further into watching a toxic club.

Mourinho fully to blame for picking the wrong squad again. You don't bench Micki after how he played. Where was Luke Shaw? Time to drop Rashford for playing shit.

Dear oh dear.

Syder

How that defence only conceded one goal in 90 minutes is amazing to me. United had 8 shots on target to our 2, they should've won comfortably. Mou sent off again.
KuGsj.gif

9mNEVYT.gif

Great assist from Pogba.

Jarnet87

typical of United to give up a stupid fucking foul and conceded on a set piece. disgraceful how United performed to start the 2nd half.

I always knew Suso would turn out good. Just a shame he isn't around for us in his current run of form when we have Coutinho out injured but I'm happy for him.

Maybe we can go back for him once Coutinho I evitably leaves for Barcelona, however I'm not sure if we have a buy back clause for him. Glad AC Milan appear to be back in a big way the same year Liverpool have.

Need a draw from Citeh and Chelsea's next week.

Best wishes.

Portugeezer

At this rate as soon as they can't qualify for the champions league again.

He'll get given a second season as long as they qualify.

Not even anything to do with Mourinho though, we dominated and had 2 clear opportunities to take the lead, along with some other great opportunities. The players should have finished, you don't need to be world class to put that Rashford chance away.

Floody

Not even anything to do with Mourinho though, we dominated and had 2 clear opportunities to take the lead, along with some other great opportunities. The players should have finished, you don't need to be world class to put that Rashford chance away.

Him getting sent to the stands probably didn't help much to be fair, but I agree pinning it all on him wouldn't be fair. It's not like United are playing bad, your build up play is good for the most, you just can't score, actually remind me of us under Rodgers during his last full season, soo many games we should've won, but was let down by being too wasteful/goalies having the game of their life.

Audioboxer

Rashford shouldn't have been starting. I'd even have given Rooney a start given his form in the previous game. Rashford has been underperforming for a while now. Or bring Martial back, or even give Memphis one last chance. No point in constantly subbing players on with 70+ mins gone and the pressure of chasing a win yet again.

Not starting Micki was a joke as well. Mou thought any squad could walk West Ham given their form. Nope. Should have started almost the same squad as last Thursday. This constant chopping around is fucking Mou over. He keeps doing it. When players play good keep playing them, when they play shit drop them.

Beefy

Koeman getting wrecked by an academy player on his debut is the best result anyone could hope for.

Koeman on Sims: "I wasn't aware of Josh Sims when I was here and he is not my problem - I work for Everton, not Southampton." This is even better

Jarnet87

I thought Mou was going to start 10/11 from Thursday Except Carrick. Was surprised that he chopped and changed so much up front.

Mane doesn't get as much hate because he went for so much and wasn't there for too long. He also didn't make a big deal about it. Lovren was only there for a season but he made a big fuss before leaving because the club wasn't willing to sell, and losing Lallana was a loss as he was their captain and was essentially there from the start of their climb to the top.

Most of their players tend to have a bad rep for leaving them lately because Southampton are a decent mid table side whereas before they weren't even in the premier league during their hard times last decade. If these players stay, they could legitimately be a top 4 contender. I get the hate as many do use them as a platform to get somewhere better and it can be seen as disrespectful to the fans and the club.

Beefy

What about Clyne? Last weekend he and Mane didn't seem to get any abuse unlike Lovren... Lallana usually gets a lot too when he plays.

Clyne didn't want to sign a new contract so we just moved on. He didn't say any bullshit.

Lallana gets the worst of it for how much shit he talked. He signed a new five year deal at the end of the season and then at our awards evening kept saying he could see himself playing all his career here. Then 4 weeks later he was moaning about not being allowed to join Liverpool. He then started leaking stuff to a member of the press that was close to him. He even leaked stuff saying he would never wear our shirt again. He didn't just burn down his bridges he blew them up. Lovren acted a ass but he wasn't hear long.

As for Koeman he lied about seeing out his contract but that wasn't the most annoying thing about him. Yes he is a good manager and can get you playing well. But he dodn't give a shit about our youth players while he was here. He never went to watch them play, he instead went to play golf. It got so bad the board made him attend the u21 games ( now the u23) and then he mouthed off about all are academy being poor..

Syder

Manchester United make worst start in Premier League era after 13 games
Manchester United have made their worst start to a season in the Premier League era after Sunday's 1-1 draw with West Ham left them with 20 points from their opening 13 games.

The draw -- a fourth in succession at Old Trafford -- leaves Jose Mourinho's men sixth in the table, 11 points behind leaders Chelsea.

United have not taken so few points after 13 games since the 1989-90 campaign, when Alex Ferguson's side finished 13th in the old First Division, five points clear of the relegation zone, although they did win the FA Cup. Man Utd have drawn four consecutive league games at Old Trafford for the first time since December 1980 (a run of five). Sketchy.

OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 27, 2016
They had also been on 20 points after 13 games in the 1990-91 season but only after being deducted a point as the result of a brawl during a defeat to Arsenal. Ferguson's side ultimately finished sixth and won the Cup Winners' Cup.

David Moyes, who lasted less than a season after succeeding Ferguson in 2013, took 22 points from his opening 13 league games, while Louis van Gaal also had 22 from 13 in 2014-15 before accumulating 27 at the same stage last season. Ferguson took 30 from 13 in 2012-13 when United last lifted the Premier League title.
Also worth mentioning that Moyes topped United's CL group without losing a match in that tournament.
Mourinho is 2nd in their Europa league group, losing 2 of 5 so far.

RiggyRob

I hope the Glazers and Woodward are looking at what happened to Liverpool and making steps to correct the trajectory, because that's where we're heading at the moment.

Sorry in advance for (sorta) drive-by posting. Here in Sweden the media is mainly focusing on our "big" stars out in Europe. Except for Zlatan who retired from international football the two players who gets the most attention are Emil Forsberg (RB Lepzig) and Victor Nilsson Lindelof (Benfica). Now I don't watch a lot football on account of me not really affording the channels/having the time for it although I do try to keep up. My question however is how does footy-gaf rate these two players (and I guess other Swedes if you know any)? Basically I would like some insight from someone who is not singing their praises just because they happen to be Swedish.

Syder

Tony Pulis ordered to pay Cystal Palace £3.7m after being accused of fraudulent behaviour in High Court judgement
West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has lost a £3.7m High Court battle with former club Crystal Palace.
A Premier League Managers' Arbitration Tribunal ruled earlier this year Pulis should pay £3.7m damages to the club in a dispute about the way he left at the start of the 2014-15 season
Palace bosses said Pulis told them he was committed to the club but left two days after getting a £2m bonus.
Pulis, 56, denied deceiving them into paying the bonus.
He challenged the order in the High Court but a judge ruled against him.
Details of the case have emerged in a written ruling published by Sir Michael Burton on Monday.
British Football Managers - Everyday They're Hustlin'

Beefy

@dwright75
Two ex-players have told me they were abused at Southampton during the 1980s. More in paper, and online in the morning

‏@dwright75
Both spoke independently, both have contacted the NSPCC to report their experiences

Jarnet87

The play has been more entertaining under Mou, my biggest gripe (besides the poor results) is the lack of consistency with the attacking selections. Way too much rotation with the wide players. Give Martial and Mkhitaryan a run of games. I would prefer they stick to a 4-3-3 even if it displaces Mata, he can always be started on the right or come on as a sub.

Top Bottom