• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

How does Huth not get a yellow every 10 minutes?

ManChitty can eat a dic...but I REALLY like De Bryne. He may be one of my top five footballers to watch in the world.

Too bad he plays for the blue.

Huth and Morgan are brutes. No finesse to their games at all.

EmiPrime

Normally I would dread playing Man City at this time of the year but I am feeling pretty good about next week now. Bad defence, dodgy keeper and no Aguero. De Bruyne alone can't carry this shower.

Haha and now Vardy with his hat trick!

Van Dijk is worth £200m if Stones is worth £50m.

Neither are worth the $$$.

I wouldn't mind Van Dijk playing beside Bailly for a few years, but in no world is he worth more than 30 million.

He's good, but he's not a great defender. Hell, Copenhagen has two center backs I'd rate just as highly as Van Dijk.

Beefy

Neither are worth the $$$.

I wouldn't mind Van Dijk playing beside Bailly for a few years, but in no world is he worth more than 30 million.

He's good, but he's not a great defender. Hell, Copenhagen has two center backs I'd rate just as highly as Van Dijk.

You are crazy. Van Dijk is the best cb in the Prem.

Our largest tifo yet. Took four months to build. Six if you count conception as well.

Alles Gute WH96! | NVJS

1481395561.jpg

1481395560.jpg

Syder

Really glad I chose not bet on Real after seeing their chosen squad. Kinda silly to throw their league lead just for the Club World Cup.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What a game. Real is a set piece machine. And Ramos is unstoppable!

The only negative is Casemiro who is the opposite of the player that he was before the injury. Maybe he was forced back too soon, but he really hurts the defensive right now.

Van Dijk has been better then him this season.

I don't think Koscielny's had a bad performance this season to be honest. And he's had this level of consistency for the three seasons previous too. Van Dijk isn't on his level. It's criminal how underrated Koscielny is.

Audioboxer

Can't wait for the 1-1 draw.

EXCITE.

For once I don't see this being a draw. Either a narrow Man Utd win, or narrow Tottenham win. Someone winning 2-1 basically.

As much as United have played hot garbage in the Prem League we haven't had a defensive display as bad as City yesterday. Holy shit they were bad. Fellaini stupid penalty level bad, but for 90 minutes, not just 1 mistake.

Beefy

I don't think Koscielny's had a bad performance this season to be honest. And he's had this level of consistency for the three seasons previous too. Van Dijk isn't on his level. It's criminal how underrated Koscielny is.

Have you watched a lot of Van Dijk? Seems not. I agree Koscielny is a brilliant defender and usually I would call him the best defender in the Prem, but for me Van Dijk has been better this season. He offers so much more then just defending. The guy has the ball control of a midfielder. Now watch him olay shit today haha

More like City as usual.

Yup.

Plus no Fernandinho. No Fernandinho no protection for the dog shit defence, no player that reads the entire game, no player that doesn't stop running, no quality transition to attack, no player who is prepared to go body somebody. Much bigger loss for City than if they lost Aguero, de Bruyne, and Silva.

Jack cw

Yup.

Plus no Fernandinho. No Fernandinho no protection for the dog shit defence, no player that reads the entire game, no player that doesn't stop running, no quality transition to attack, no player who is prepared to go body somebody. Much bigger loss for City than if they lost Aguero, de Bruyne, and Silva.
Yeah, Peps system is mostly dependent on the DLP. At Barca it was Busquets, Alonso (Kroos) at Bayern. The machine struggles when this position is vacant. It is and always was the weakest link in the system as one mistake means instant counter goal, beacause the full backs are positioned in the opponents half and the 2 CBs are covering to much space and getting overrun.

Top Bottom