• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

T-Rex.

Banned
What a dumb celebration though lol. It's 3-3, get the ball and try to get the winner pal.

he'll score the winner now

EmiPrime

Good to see a bit of fight in us even if going 3-0 down in the first place is inexcusable.

Changes nothing however, Chelsea going to run away with it.

Decent result for non-Arsenal fans, ok game as well. If Tottenham manage to win tomorrow that would put them third and blow open the top four and if Liverpool also manage to beat Chelsea at the end of the month that would hopefully bring Chelsea down to catching distance, assuming the other teams can maintain points.

Shitty result for Arsenal :/ great comeback but we really fucked it up by conceding in the second half. If only it could have been 3-2 to use instead of 3-3

Title dreams are dead now.

Beefy

C1R0PhqUkAAQLNP.jpg

Look at the date they put on the Phelan letter...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hull's a shit club anyway, mainly thanks to their owners. Not sure what they expected him to do?

Syder

You do realise Manutd played Westham about three times within the last two months. Someone actually compiled about five photos of these West Ham bullies throwing their studs into Utd players as if it was a fight, the goal keeper with high studs to knee, the defender kicking Rooney in the face, look whatever. I'm not saying West Ham weren't done for but I don't feel sorry for them and you know what, considering what I know about West Ham, I'd give a red card too. They look like the kind of team that will break someone's leg sometime this season
You're hilarious.

JAD8WAG.gif

Jack cw

That's an interesting catch. The question is why would he want to move to Germany, I mean this same guy turned down Juventus due to wanting to stay in Paris

Contract is nearing it's end, Paris isn't as dominant as it was the last couple of years, even further away from a CL win than City. The Carlo factor. Alonso retires, so there is need for a class CM/DM. Kimmich will inherit Lahm's FB position, Sanches might be the Vidal back up. And money.

Bumhead

Banned
I've still not really got over losing the play-off final last year, but that we did so to Hull is just upsetting.

What a farcical club. We would have gone down this year for sure but would have brought vastly more to the Premier League than Hull ever do while we were at it.

Syder

I've still not really got over losing the play-off final last year, but that we did so to Hull is just upsetting.

What a farcical club. We would have gone down this year for sure but would have brought vastly more to the Premier League than Hull ever do while we were at it.
To be fair, if the owners had invested and not scared Bruce off they'd probably be in a lot better shape. I'm really glad their plans to sell the club late in the Summer have backfired and they'll very likely be selling a Championship club, if at all. Sucks for the fans though.

Beefy

@bbcteessport
SIGNING: Rudy Gestede has joined @Boro from @AVFCOfficial . The fee hasn't been disclosed but we understand it's between £6m and £7m.

Beefy

Shangai SIPG offering 150m for Aubameyang. We're all going to be watching Chinese Super League in 10 years aren't we?

@tancredipalmeri

And it's not over!
Inter have received a new Chinese offer for Banega, this time for 30m€

But the good news is Chinese teams can only have 4 foreign players per team.

Beefy

Hitchin Town player Alfie Barker posted: "Big hype just for a disappointment like the nine months leading up to your child's birth."

Barker issued an apology on Wednesday for his "disgraceful comments".

He initially claimed his account had been hacked, before apologising.

But Hitchin issued a statement saying: "In the light of the player's irresponsible and anti-social behaviour, we are terminating Alfie Barker's registration and relationship with the club with immediate effect."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38507682

What a cunt

( for context Arthur's child was still born)

TeddyBoy

Don't worry Bumhead, this year is Wednesday's year!

Bumhead

Banned
Don't worry Bumhead, this year is Wednesday's year!

No chance, we've been shit! At the minute we're 6th but not on merit, and I fear Derby or Villa making the most of that. Mind you, I suppose being crap and still being in the right places in the table comes with its own commendation..

I'd expect Jordan Rhodes to head to Villa as a knock on effect of that Gestede deal.

@bbcteessport
SIGNING: Rudy Gestede has joined @Boro from @AVFCOfficial . The fee hasn't been disclosed but we understand it's between £6m and £7m.

Strange signing for a Premier League club. He's barely good enough for the Championship. Wonder where that leaves Jordan Rhodes.

Beefy

@SkySportsNewsHQ

Sky sources: Sunderland reject £6million bid from West Ham for striker Jermain Defoe.

@SkyKaveh
West Ham determined to sign Jermain Defoe. Will pay what it takes to get deal done. Have told Sunderland to name their price #WHUFC

tim.mbp

@MirrorFootball

Marco Silva offered Hull City job on short-term deal | @johncrossmirror
https://t.co/YSbGLRTdgd https://t.co/ICiyb5p8MX

Someone edited his wiki page.

On 4 January 2017, Silva is soon to be appointed as manager of Hull City AFC and will be hung out to dry like a wet blanket by Ehab Allam. Current coach Mike Phelan was sacked and never really given a chance to succeed, chairman Ehab Allam was unavailable to comment as we was auditioning for the apprentice so he can prove what a business genius he is.

sora87

No chance, we've been shit! At the minute we're 6th but not on merit, and I fear Derby or Villa making the most of that. Mind you, I suppose being crap and still being in the right places in the table comes with its own commendation..

I'd expect Jordan Rhodes to head to Villa as a knock on effect of that Gestede deal.

Didn't know Rhodes was at boro, he been injured or just another of those strikers who score for fun in the championship but are shit in the prem?

NHale

Really surprised that Marco Silva is accepting going to Hull. He left Olympiakos because he was convinced he was the chosen one to coach Southampton, which could very easily be available soon if results keep the current trend. Maybe he wants to use this as a launching platform in the Premier League.

At this time Marco Silva to Hull is pretty much confirmed since he worked for a portuguese TV company that already confirmed he was signing with Hull.

O treinador, de 39 anos, viaja esta quarta feira para Inglaterra para discutir os destalhes finais com os dirigentes do clube e assinar um vínculo inicial com a duração de seis meses.

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/futebol-internacional/marco-silva-vai-treinar-o-hull-city_d973467

It basically says he's going to travel to England on Wednesday to close the deal (6 month).

Beefy

Really surprised that Marco Silva is accepting going to Hull. He left Olympiakos because he was convinced he was the chosen one to coach Southampton, which could very easily be available soon if results keep the current trend. Maybe he wants to use this as a launching platform in the Premier League.

At this time Marco Silva to Hull is pretty much confirmed since he worked for a portuguese TV company that already confirmed he was signing with Hull.

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/futebol-internacional/marco-silva-vai-treinar-o-hull-city_d973467

It basically says he's going to travel to England on Wednesday to close the deal (6 month).

Yeah I can't see Puel lasting much longer as it is. But think we will go with Rowett.

Top Bottom