• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

La Liga is back!

cr7rm.png

Thread title is numero uno BTW.

DBT85

Yeah. I really didn't like the "Jones played for a red" comments. That challenge could, and probably did, really hurt.

It wasn't a red card, but it was still a little over the top.

Indeed.

EDIT:

Ravel Morrison is training with Wigan looking to get some fitness and possibly sign. At least it would be under someone who knows him.

Audioboxer

I disagree with this. While I agree that the challenge was definitely not a red card, Feghouli still made a lunging tackle which could've easily given Jones a bit of a knock. It's not like he was claiming studs up and was carted off the pitch. While it's nice that the FA overturned the ban, I feel like they shouldn't have since it was definitely a foul deserving of a yellow card in my opinion. Overturning a red means that there was absolutely no foul committed, which there was.

Yeah. I really didn't like the "Jones played for a red" comments. That challenge could, and probably did, really hurt.

It wasn't a red card, but it was still a little over the top.

No offence in general but most fans always defend their players. I'm just sick of footballers acting like they've been shot and doing 35 rolls only to jump up like firework going off the second a card is pulled and/or the freekick is about to be taken.

No one needs to do said 35 rolls and feign screaming in agony. There is a difference when Zlatan gets fouled, he drops and stays in place like most people would when hurt, not do rolls and such. Footballers are such drama queens.

If it's not that it's the pathethic carding gesture. That should straight up be a booking for any player who does it. The premier league still doesn't have the balance right for tackling acting and simulation. Retro-active action needs to be taken more often, as okay, sure, it can be hard at times for referees to correctly call it.

As much as a United fan you want to rub your hands and celebrate an opponent going down to 10 men because, yas, we should win now, it feels shit for the opposition when you get hard done by. Many football fans are quick to point out what being hard done by feels like, especially when it's referees, but say very little when they are on the side of the beneficiary of shitty decisions!

Beefy

West Ham signing Hogan apparently.

@FabrizioRomano
#Chelsea talks ongoing for Fernando Llorente. Batshuayi can be part of the deal, possible loan to Swansea. Not easy. #transfers #CFC

I feel a sorry for west Ham with their stadium situation. It is dog shit and they don't have owners who will sort it. When City moved there were similar problems as the City of Manchester Stadium was not intended for football, it took many little changes over a long period to get what it has become not to mention we have spent 250milllion on adjustments to the stadium and campus with another 1.75billion (short) outlined for the rest and still feels like there is a long way to go.

DBT85

Whats the issue with the stadium?

I'm guessing its that the fans aren't close to the pitch?

Whats what you get for paying tuppence a week for 99 years.

Syder

Whats the issue with the stadium?

I'm guessing its that the fans aren't close to the pitch?

Whats what you get for paying tuppence a week for 99 years.
There isn't a problem with the stadium. I'll forever miss Upton Park but I like the Olympic Stadium. A lot of media outlets have been enjoying our shaky season and want to mock something they don't know anything about. If our form was as good as last season no one would be saying anything about the Stadium. It's true, there are fans that don't like the OS but the main issue is the way the board has tried to gentrify our attending fanbase by judging and treating people like thugs. Any trouble that happened earlier in the season is entirely down to poor planning, it's not 'lol West Ham fans' again, it would have happened with any other set of supporters. If people could see how bad the stewarding had been, in person, you'd have a pretty good laugh. The Stadium is fucking awesome though and will only get better over time; it represents massive progress from where we were when Gold & Sullivan took over. As stupid as some of the things they've done are they saved us from total obscurity in the Championship or worse.

No offence in general but most fans always defend their players. I'm just sick of footballers acting like they've been shot and doing 35 rolls only to jump up like firework going off the second a card is pulled and/or the freekick is about to be taken.

No one needs to do said 35 rolls and feign screaming in agony. There is a difference when Zlatan gets fouled, he drops and stays in place like most people would when hurt, not do rolls and such. Footballers are such drama queens.

If it's not that it's the pathethic carding gesture. That should straight up be a booking for any player who does it. The premier league still doesn't have the balance right for tackling acting and simulation. Retro-active action needs to be taken more often, as okay, sure, it can be hard at times for referees to correctly call it.

As much as a United fan you want to rub your hands and celebrate an opponent going down to 10 men because, yas, we should win now, it feels shit for the opposition when you get hard done by. Many football fans are quick to point out what being hard done by feels like, especially when it's referees, but say very little when they are on the side of the beneficiary of shitty decisions!

I'm an Ipswich Town fan. I have no reason to defend Phil Jones.

Tubie

It's hard to believe this is basically the same team Benitez had.

Either Zidane is extremely lucky, or he's actually good at this.

Audioboxer

You have him in Morgan. But played him wrong.

Morgan is more physical than Carrick, but he lacks the intelligence. 90% of players do. As much as Carrick is a rounded player, it's his intelligence that is light years ahead of most.

I'm not calling players stupid, just saying Carricks football brain is like gold.

Beefy

Morgan is more physical than Carrick, but he lacks the intelligence. 90% of players do. As much as Carrick is a rounded player, it's his intelligence that is light years ahead of most.

I'm not calling players stupid, just saying Carricks football brain is like gold.

He was a totally different player for us. He hasn't been given a chance and been treated pretty badly. Looks like him to Everton is all bit done though.

Audioboxer

He was a totally different player for us. He hasn't been given a chance and been treated pretty badly. Looks like him to Everton is all bit done though.

I agree with that. After how he was handled pre-Mourinho he had absolutely no chance when Mourinho came in.

Pogba just further kicks him down. As we've seen though Pogba needs a Michael Carrick to work best.

Schneiderlin I'm at least a bit gutted to see go, Depay can just bolt by now.

edit: Some quality goalkeeping lol http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38542870 This is why you should close down aggressively for the 1 in 500 chance of this happening.

Jarnet87

Rooney got the goal to tie Charlton and had a good performance against Reading and every Englishman was foaming at the mouth praising him lol. They even threw in a look how masterful he is at this deeper position comment.

Syder

For the record: I couldn't be happier to be out of the FA Cup.
This probably means we finish 2 or 3 places higher than we would've done with a cup run.

Audioboxer

Rooney got the goal to tie Charlton and had a good performance against Reading and every Englishman was foaming at the mouth praising him lol. They even threw in a look how masterful he is at this deeper position comment.

Rooney causes the most "bipolar" attitudes. That's usually the sign of something good, or at least something effective. To be fair if you're an objective viewer and not a mad United fan, or say a diehard Liverpool, you can be honest and say his form the past 12~18 months has been pretty dire. That doesn't take away from his achievements and success at United overall though, that's where objectivity is needed.

The media are just jokes in general. One week he is hanged for having a beer, then told he's 100% gone and a piece of shit, and now the headlines will say what a career Rooney has had... Most of us can criticise slumps in form and still respect overall achievements. Rooney ain't gonna be no Zlatan though. If he's still playing at 35 it will not be at United. He has a proper British body :p Even when attempted to be kept in shape, dem genes.

Serious question.

I thought Koeman was suppose to be a very good manager.

I'm not watching the match, is he fielding a weak team for the FA cup?

Audioboxer

I can't help but to love him lol.

Most likable Atleti player EVER.

The one player I almost lose my mind when links come up with United :p Doubt it will ever happen. Mind you we have a bit of a French thing going on in our squad!

I'll be happy if in a few years Martial can just reach the heights of Griezmann.

Tubie

The one player I almost lose my mind when links come up with United :p Doubt it will ever happen. Mind you we have a bit of a French thing going on in our squad!

I'll be happy if in a few years Martial can just reach the heights of Griezmann.

ManU would have to pay close to 200m for him.

But then again, crazier things have happened (fucking tevez making 40 a year lol).

Audioboxer

ManU would have to pay close to 200m for him.

But then again, crazier things have happened (fucking tevez making 40 a year lol).

Seems like the kind of player who should stick with Atletico till the end. Dat Premier League money though. Not just for the players, for the clubs.

Audioboxer

Hang in there Preston! Arsenal will pump you at home but a draw is a respectable finish for this game.

Giroud with his 90th minute header incoming.

Audioboxer

Hang in there Preston! Arsenal will pump you at home but a draw is a respectable finish for this game.

Giroud with his 90th minute header incoming.

Giroud 89th minute, close enough!

Preston pls. Seems no one can defend against Arsenal at the end of a game (Man Utd included).

Giroud 89th minute, close enough!

Preston pls. Seems no one can defend against Arsenal at the end of a game (Man Utd included).

That's not a coincidence. Arsenal move the ball around, generally have a good amount of possession. When the opposition spends the majority of the game chasing the ball and closing down players, they tire.

Audioboxer

That's not a coincidence. Arsenal move the ball around, generally have a good amount of possession. When the opposition spends the majority of the game chasing the ball and closing down players, they tire.

Aye I give credit where credit is due. Fighting back isn't always some coincidence. In a few of these games though it's as if Wenger purposely says play absolutely shit for 45~60 minutes, then go for it.

Bournemouth did completely fold though, chucking away a 3-0 lead in 20 minutes is a riot. Just seen they got destroyed 3-0 today. Eddie, sort it out!

Top Bottom