• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Only teams that have what it takes to win the league are Chelsea and Spurs, imo.

QP4HwYL.png

EmiPrime

Chelsea have Liverpool away and Arsenal at home as their next two matches. If they can get 4+ points then it's all over but if they lose both the title race is wide open again.

I think 4 points is the likeliest outcome...

Syder

Chelsea have Liverpool away and Arsenal at home as their next two matches. If they can get 4+ points then it's all over but if they lose both the title race is wide open again.

I think 4 points is the likeliest outcome...
Arsenal always embarrass themselves against Chelsea so it's down to Liverpool to keep the race interesting.

Some worrying reports about Ryan Mason. Take with a grain of salt obviously but apparently he's fighting for his life. Fractured skull and bleeding on the brain, so far only The Mirror are reporting it. Hope he recovers :/

Syder

We beat them 3 - 0 last time we went up against them. Saying it now, we'll win again.
Yeah, then they switched to three at the back at half time and didn't concede a goal in the league for what, 2 months? If you think you're winning at Stamford Bridge, you might be disappointed.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The league is dead. I blame Pep for bringing over his dominance from the Bundesliga. Nice of him to pass it over to someone else tho 🙄

Although for reals I guess the key to winning the league is signing Kante apparently.

tbf, Chelsea signed a player who fixed the problem they had, they then had their already great players buck their ideas up

Add in a solid manager, and they were always going to be title contenders. Last season was always just a blip.

Just watched the Liverpool match again and Emre Can needs to be dropped. He is killing our flow out there.

I fear that he's a blind spot for Klopp and it'll kill our season. Its been clear for some weeks that the priority should be getting Lallana back into that position.

As it is we've ended up with a poor attacking midfielder in Can, a poor wide forward in Lallana, a poor wide forward in Firmino and a poor selection of strikers in Sturridge and Origi, who are both woefully out of form. Hopefully with Coutinho back we can put Firmino back into his best position at least. But if we have to wait for Mane to return so we can put Lallana back in the middle, our season will be dead in the water by the time it happens.

To accomodate for the absence of 1 player, we've massively downgraded in about 3 positions. Would rather just stick Ojo or someone out there based on what we've seen.

Sometimes I kinda subconsciously back The Mirror just because they're the primary tabloid rivals to The S*n (I think), but then I remember that they're a bunch of cunts as well.

Syder

Sometimes I kinda subconsciously back The Mirror just because they're the primary tabloid rivals to The S*n (I think), but then I remember that they're a bunch of cunts as well.
Here's an easy rule of thumb. All British tabloids are burning dumpster fires and their words aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Syder

Deulofeu joins AC Milan
Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu has joined Italian side AC Milan on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old has made 13 appearances for Everton this season.
Everton manager Ronald Koeman last week said the player would be allowed to leave to "get game time".
The Spaniard joined Everton on loan from Barcelona for the 2013-14 season, making the transfer permanent in 2015 for £4.3m.
Milan originally announced the move via their official twitter account on Friday, but it was quickly deleted.
Lazar Marković joins Hull City
Liverpool's Serbia forward Lazar Markovic has joined Hull on loan for the remainder of the season.
The 22-year-old, who signed from Benfica for £20m in 2014, agreed a loan with Sporting Lisbon for this season but it was cancelled by mutual consent.
Markovic made 20 appearances on loan at Fenerbahce last season and played 14 times for Sporting, scoring twice.
Hull manager Marco Silva managed Estoril in Portugal during Markovic's one season with Benfica.

Jarnet87

Rumors that PSG have "beat" Manchester United to Goncalo Guedes. Benfica should have to pay a fee every time they use United's name to sell a player at this point.

NHale

Rumors that PSG have "beat" Manchester United to Goncalo Guedes. Benfica should have to pay a fee every time they use United's name to sell a player at this point.

I seriously doubt Man United was interested in him. And if they were for 30M€ then Mourinho should be fired.

He's not a player that would fit in the Premier League at all, in fact he is barely a worthy player for Benfica imho.

Beefy

@domfifield
Christopher Samba, recently released by Panathinaikos and a free agent, has been at #cpfc's training ground today

Giovinco could move to China. Agent is in talks on a move.

Rumblings going on that Coutinho is ready to sign a five year contract, which I could not be happier to hear. We really need the guy, he's a star. EDIT: Annnd it's signed. Woo!

In other news, apparently Can is holding out for more money. Which on his current form is a right laugh.

T-Rex.

Banned
No release clause as well which is great. I mean it won't stop him from leaving if Barca come calling, but at least we can fuck them over if they do.

Pachimari

So they fixed the name of my Marcelo 12 shirt, but it wasn't aligned to the middle. So the name and number was on the left side of the back ffs. So I've ordered a new one, this time with Pepe 3 instead.

Also, we are playing with THREE defenders against Celta in the cup in 30 minutes wtf.

Top Bottom