• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Congrats Soton bros. Hope United can finish Hull off tomorrow as I'd rather Soton than Pool in a final.

How confident are Liverpool of finishing top 4 now out of interest?

I'm not right now, but if we find our form in the next couple weeks that could all change. Everyone else is looking better than us right now though so it'll be hard.

TeddyBoy

How confident are Liverpool of finishing top 4 now out of interest?

I'm not so sure right now, it's still quite doable but we need to survive until mid-February really as that's the point when our games return to just one match a week again (assuming we go out early in the FA Cup).

If we can get to then in 5th we should be ok as European football will be returning again to hinder our competition.

I felt sorry for Alexander-Arnold today, whipped in some good crosses with no one to get on the end of them.

I like Lallana but fuck him for lashing out on Alexander-Arnold. He looked like he was trying at least.

Congrats Southampton

Should have won that tie about 5-1

We're in full meltdown it seems, season may well be over by the time Mane comes back. And that's only relevant assuming we get much better when he does, which is no guarantee.

Done with Sturridge, he's in full Torres 2011 mode.

Jarnet87

Interested to see how Mou approaches the next two fixtures. Ideallly he would play the starters in the FA Cup game with that two goal cushion in the League Cup game tomorrow, but that gives those regulars short rest for the League fixture midweek.

DBT85

Interested to see how Mou approaches the next two fixtures. Ideallly he would play the starters in the FA Cup game with that two goal cushion in the League Cup game tomorrow, but that gives those regulars short rest for the League fixture midweek.

Wondering how much effort Hull are going to put in already being 2-0 down and needing to worry about the league, and also playing at midday on Sunday and then again Wednesday.

Hoping for a largely 2nd choice tomorrow to hold the lead, but he likes winning things so might go half and half and get some early subs in if we look sound. Hopefully he looks at a Rashford, Rooney, Lindgard top 3, or at least rests Ibra. He did not have a good game the other day.

Would have to expect him to go fairly strong against Wigan on Sunday and again hope for some early subs to freshen things up for Hull midweek, though at least its Hull and not City or something.

Syder

I'd like to see us match Burnley's offer for Snodgrass, tbh.

Scottish Payet whipping balls in for Carroll could be devastating.

Beefy

I'd like to see us match Burnley's offer for Snodgrass, tbh.

Scottish Payet whipping balls in for Carroll could be devastating.

You have according to Sky.

In other news:

Lander Sports (Chinese) have bought a percentage in Saints holding company. The percentage hasn't been made public yet though.

Audioboxer

Usually when Mou shaves his head it's because it's crisis time lol.

Congrats Southampton

Should have won that tie about 5-1

We're in full meltdown it seems, season may well be over by the time Mane comes back. And that's only relevant assuming we get much better when he does, which is no guarantee.

Done with Sturridge, he's in full Torres 2011 mode.

Time for Daniel to come back home then!

Audioboxer

Was at work last night but heard the result on the radio this morning, fuck watching that then.

Were Liverpool properly shit?

Story of Liverpool's season is underdelivering against "weaker" opponents, turning up in style for the big games. Pundits often accuse this of being an attitude problem in the players (expecting to walk "easy" games).

If you ask me Man Utd are doing the same. Good on the "weaker" teams for punishing the arrogance of thinking turning up = result.

Audioboxer

That has been Liverpool for as long as I can remember. The Robin Hood team of the Premier League. Taking points from the rich and giving them to the poor.

LOL.

Excellent way to look at it. It is a problem though, as the team has the quality to "spank" lesser opponents like Chelsea are managing to. Pretty shocking how badly every other "title challenger" is fairing against the lower teams. Sure this is partly the wonders of the premier league, but it's getting a bit out of hand. I say this as a Man Utd fan mocking my own team as well for not turning up against perceived lesser opponents.

DBT85

I've been awake 23 hours (worked last night) but I want to see the match tonight. Fuu

Nah, he escapes fraudism as his name can't turn into something as snazzy as Fraudinho or Fraudiola. The two kings of frauding it up.

Innit.

But mourinho and guardiola do not rhyme with flop nearly as smoothly.

Don't think any are flops or frauds tbh. PL is hard. 10 years ago money bought you the title if you otherwise didn't have a chance, now everyone has money so you just need to get good and have a bit of luck, see Lyecester.

Happy to have all 3 in the league and think the league is better for it. Conte too. Probably Arsen too but he can't find his pockets so...

Audioboxer

I've been awake 23 hours (worked last night) but I want to see the match tonight. Fuu

Innit.

But mourinho and guardiola do not rhyme with flop nearly as smoothly.

Don't think any are flops or frauds tbh. PL is hard. 10 years ago money bought you the title if you otherwise didn't have a chance, now everyone has money so you just need to get good and have a bit of luck, see Lyecester.

Happy to have all 3 in the league and think the league is better for it. Conte too. Probably Arsen too but he can't find his pockets so...

Yeah, it's just fun banter. As always the biggest issues actually reside with players and their attitudes.

Game tonight will probably be a 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0. I doubt United will really show up, but I also doubt Hull will offer much in the way of attacking.

DBT85

Yeah, it's just fun banter. As always the biggest issues actually reside with players and their attitudes.

Game tonight will probably be a 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0. I doubt United will really show up, but I also doubt Hull will offer much in the way of attacking.

I'm hoping they send as big a reserve squad as they can out who will want to prove themselves and score goals, opening the match up.

No point parking the bus 2-0 down.

DBT85

Martial needs to start and play well. He's on life support just now.

I'd like to see Rashford, Martial and Lindgard up top tbh plenty of pace and movement. Put Spud in behind them since he's surely going to play and then TFM and AN Other behind him to clean up his mess.

None of this will happen lol.

Jarnet87

I'd like to see Rashford, Martial and Lindgard up top tbh plenty of pace and movement. Put Spud in behind them since he's surely going to play and then TFM and AN Other behind him to clean up his mess.

None of this will happen lol.

We are getting Fellaini and Rooney in a game where we half heartedly jog around the pitch for 90 minutes looking not to give up a goal. Hull get a consolation goal 80+ minutes in and we advance.

Audioboxer

We are getting Fellaini and Rooney in a game where we half heartedly jog around the pitch for 90 minutes looking not to give up a goal. Hull get a consolation goal 80+ minutes in and we advance.

Sounds about right. Might do some knitting this evening instead of watching the game.

Audioboxer

Fraudinho shaving his head is the full transformation into a fraud.

Soft penalty but holy shit talk about complacency from United. Just as I was discussing above.

Jarnet87

Expected performance from United. We'll do the same thing Sunday against Wigan and Wednesday against Hull. Hoped for a hammering tonight just to get the goals and good feelings rolling.

Yeah, a little annoyed we've lost that unbeaten streak. However I should be in the prime seats for a Wembley ticket - already got the traim tickets.after the 1st leg :^)

Blablurn

4,w=973,q=low,c=0.bild.jpg

Pachimari

Since they printed the Marcelo 12 on the left side, instead of the middle of the jersey, I asked for a refund and ordered a new one, and they succeeded in printing Pepe 3 right in the middle lol. I'll buy Marcelo 12 with the Champions League and World Cup logos next season.

Hala Madrid.

Top Bottom