• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

West Ham sign Robert Snodgrass for initial £7m fee (could rise to £10m)
maxresdefault.webp
Two Prem proven players this window for less than £20m.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it just me that hates the FA/EFL Cup?

"The magic of the cup" Fuck off. I'd rather the league was on this weekend.

Syder

Is it just me that hates the FA/EFL Cup?

"The magic of the cup" Fuck off. I'd rather the league was on this weekend.
I don't hate the FA Cup, I still really look forward to the latter stages. The League Cup can get tae fuck though.

I realise my team's chances of winning it are pretty low and that going out early increase our chances of finishing higher in the league and I'm totally okay with going out of either cup in the first/third round.

Mascot

Three consecutive home defeats, all to vastly 'inferior' opposition. This has to be the biggest crisis of form for... Ever, isn't it?

Audioboxer

Damn Liverpool, wassup?

The league is all but Chelsea's, so everyone else's chance of silverware has to come from things like the EFL/FA Cup.

sora87

Can tell this liverpool team are just utterly drained, there's nothing left in the tank. I know klopp got winter breaks in germany but that's not a thing here, he's gonna have to adjust his training etc.

Audioboxer

Can tell this liverpool team are just utterly drained, there's nothing left in the tank. I know klopp got winter breaks in germany but that's not a thing here, he's gonna have to adjust his training etc.

They're having big problems "turning up" against weaker opponents.

Man Utd are the same, but not quite as bad as Liverpool. Considering Klopp can turn his anger up to 11 I don't want to say it's just complacency, but it has to be that in part.

T-Rex.

Banned
They're having big problems "turning up" against weaker opponents.

Man Utd are the same, but not quite as bad as Liverpool. Considering Klopp can turn his anger up to 11 I don't want to say it's just complacency, but it has to be that in part.
It's simpler than that. Our first XI is among the best in the league, but our squad is probably 6th best. We've barely rotated over the Christmas period and our players are dead on their feet. We'll be fine in a few weeks time once we go back to one game a week but it'll be a struggle until then/until Manè returns.

Mascot

Every Liverpool match for the next three years is going to be like this, isn't it? Teams defending deep and hitting us on the break. It fucking works. We cannot break teams down.

Audioboxer

It's simpler than that. Our first XI is among the best in the league, but our squad is probably 6th best. We've barely rotated over the Christmas period and our players are dead on their feet. We'll be fine in a few weeks time once we go back to one game a week but it'll be a struggle until then/until Manè returns.

That plays a part, but it's how this league has been for ages.

Every Liverpool match for the next three years is going to be like this, isn't it? Teams defending deep and hitting us on the break. It fucking works. We cannot break teams down.

It's maddening as a supporter. Happens all the time with Man Utd as well. Chelsea are the only team that seems to punish opponents sitting back. The other big boys struggle so badly.

In part I think it's tactically down to some managers seemingly refusing to use wingers and overlapping fullbacks. Or playing players who aren't natural wingers as wingers. 4-4-2 shouldn't be dead.

Top Bottom