• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

la_briola

31: Leverkusen 1-0 Gladbach
34: Leverkusen 2-0 Gladbach
52: Leverkusen 2-1 Gladbach
58: Leverkusen 2-2 Gladbach
71: Leverkusen 2-3 Gladbach

EDIT: Theo hatrick

Neverkusen
invoker-laugh.gif

Syder

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky sources: Tianjin Quanjian have made a £38m bid for Leicester striker Islam Slimani: http://skysports.tv/hi6PuE
Slimani hasn't hit the heights I thought he would when he joined Leiecster but maybe that has more to do with how the rest of the team is playing. He has proven himself a goal machine in lesser leagues; he'd tear the Chinese division to absolute shreds. A £10m return on a £28m player that hasn't really done that much isn't bad at all. Sell him and Ulloa and re-invest in the rest of the squad?

Beefy

We made 10 changes too Beefy!

You have far more squad depth. Your team out tonight is more expensive then our first team ha. :p

Hated getting thumped but please we are out, our squad badly needs a rest. We haven't had a week off in ages due to the Euro and the cups, so we will get a much needed rest now. We just haven't got the squad depth.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Devastating for Wycombe fans, go in assuming nothing to then get so close and have it taken away in the dying seconds. Should at least be damned proud of their team today.

On the other hand, Newcastle, Liverpool, Brighton, what happened today?

DBT85

Jarnet87

Mourinho should play Schweinsteiger today.

No idea who Mou is going to play outside of Romero and Martial (as he came out and mentioned those 2 are starting). If I had to guess it would be

Romero; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Shaw; Herrera, Fellaini; Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Martial; Rashford.

Audioboxer

No idea who Mou is going to play outside of Romero and Martial (as he came out and mentioned those 2 are starting). If I had to guess it would be

Romero; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Shaw; Herrera, Fellaini; Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Martial; Rashford.

He'll probably start Pogba again even although it's about time he takes a break.

Beefy

Gabbiadini all but complete. Need a new cb and then we are fine.

Mouez Hassen having a medical at Southampton ( young keeper)

weekev

Banned
Fair play to Sutton United, great wee story there. Hope they get Lincoln in the next round so that one of them makes it to the quarter finals.

DBT85

Spud and Sideshow in the team, your best chance Wigan!

Fair play to Sutton United, great wee story there. Hope they get Lincoln in the next round so that one of them makes it to the quarter finals.

Yeah, money they'll get will be huge for them.

Liverpool played like shit yesterday, but Wolves were incredible; had the gameplan, and stuck to it flawlessly.

Costa would be an utter steal at £13 million. I'd pay twice that.

DBT85

Can someone explain that you're allowed to go all the way to the white lines at the side.

Its all through the middle!

Goaalaazzooo.

sora87

Fair enough that shearer is having a go at managers resting players for the fa cup and not taking it seriously, but there's just simply too many games in england during december/january. It's also hurting clubs chances in europe.

Audioboxer

Basti played really well. Good swap for Carrick as he can pass a ball really well. Would like to see him with Pogba.

If Mou isn't an ass about it I don't see why he can't be at United for another year. I don't think his fitness can have him go to 35 like Carrick but surely another year.

DBT85

Basti played really well. Good swap for Carrick as he can pass a ball really well. Would like to see him with Pogba.

If Mou isn't an ass about it I don't see why he can't be at United for another year. I don't think his fitness can have him go to 35 like Carrick but surely another year.

Think he did well too, but to be fair it was Wigan.

I think he's still got something to give, and clearly he's got the professionalism to be in the squad even if not playing unlike a lot of players.

Wonder how much use he can be once Europe starts up again, might be able to give Carrick a bit more rest.

Martial was much better in the second half coming in off the wing too, but wonder if he did enough to please Mou.

DBT85

The club would like to place on record its sincere disappointment that Dimitri Payet did not show the same commitment and respect to West Ham United that the club and fans showed him, particularly when it rewarded him with a lucrative new five-and-a-half-year deal only last year.

I would like to make it clear that we have no financial need to sell our best players and that the decision to allow Payet to leave was in accordance with the wishes of the manager and the interests of squad unity. To be frank, my board and I would have preferred for him to have stayed in order to make an example of him, as no player is bigger than the club.

"I am confident that with the quality of the players we have brought in during January already, the squad will be stronger at the end of this transfer window than it was at the start."

Top Bottom