• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

cyber_ninja

No words.

C3YCf-_WEAADu5c

Spineless and unprofessional, just like Angel Di Maria. Good riddance, West Ham fans, you guys ain't gonna miss him.

Syder

tbh, he was overrated anyways

mainly by west ham fans, but still
Spineless and unprofessional, just like Angel Di Maria. Good riddance, West Ham fans, you guys ain't gonna miss him.
It may sound like sour grapes but I would legitimately rather have lost Payet than probably 3 other players at our club; Lanzini, Cresswell and Antonio are all more valuable to us long-term.

I've said it before but we treat even semi-decent players that show loyalty like absolute Gods (see: Sébastian Schemmel, Luděk Mikloško, Danny Gabbidon, Matty Etherington, etc.). Payet's taken a supposed pay-cut and alienated himself from a fanbase that adored him for what… to live in fucking Marseille?

We bought a 27 year old for £10m and sold him for £25m 18 months later. In this window, we're positive £7m and Snodgrass & Fonte and negative one crybaby, work-shy snake. We may have lost out on a possible club legend but, let's be real, Payet's the loser here.

Audioboxer

DBT85

Savage

Also, source just so folks know it ain't fake ~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38675958

Mou might have regained some sense in Basti as well

I never post fake news. Alternative Facts maybe.

Glad Basti will get a bit more time, sad that he was behind Depay and Schniderlin in the pecking order for the Europa squad but I can kind of understand it.

Hopefully his time with the kids will at least have showed them what a consummate professional behaves like which things aren't going quite right.

Audioboxer

I never post fake news. Alternative Facts maybe.

Glad Basti will get a bit more time, sad that he was behind Depay and Schniderlin in the pecking order for the Europa squad but I can kind of understand it.

Hopefully his time with the kids will at least have showed them what a consummate professional behaves like which things aren't going quite right.

Like Arsenal/Liverpool winning the league? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Syder

What's wrong with putting the happiness of his family first?
Another 6 months in London on £125k a week would've killed them? Nope. Didn't turn down that million pound loyalty bonus we gave him a few months back and say he'd rather the club found him a move back to France, did he? Nope.
We worshipped Payet so why not make a genuine statement about being homesick and say sorry? Make an actual effort to explain yourself and we probably would've understood. Why sulk like a brat and say nothing? It's the downing tools at what is a club for the working class man and woman that's completely spineless. The family excuse is weak, they weren't exactly camped out in Beirut, and because Payet never communicated with the fans it's still only a rumour.

To be honest, I'm surprised Marseille have given him a deal longer than 2 or 3 years given his track record with loyalty. Glad we've agreed a 25% sell-on clause because I wouldn't be shocked if he's sulking again in 12 months time when some Chinese club show some interest.

Beefy

@BBCSport
They had Andre Ayew last season.

Now Swansea are about to sign his brother.

More: http://bbc.in/2kjmCO0

@SkySports_Keith
Newcastle & Palace haggling over a £2m loan fee for Andros Townsend on top of the £13m release clause to make the deal perm in the summer.

@tim_spiers_Star
And there it is. Wolves have absolutely smashed their transfer record to buy Helder Costa for £13m. Four and a half yr contract. Incredible

@dpcoverdale
Understand #hcafc have now accepted a £10m bid from #twitterclarets for Andy Robertson, but won't sell until another left-back lined up.

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky sources: @WatfordFC agree £20m fee with Chinese club Changchun Yatai for striker Odion Ighalo. #SSNHQ

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky sources: @HullCity agree £3m fee with @WatfordFC for midfielder Adlene Guedioura. #SSNHQ

Gibson and Oviedo have joined Sunderland. 5 ex Everton players there now.

Southampton have signed Gabbiadini for £14.7m

Hull are dead.

Beefy

Swansea City are signing Aston Villa forward Jordan Ayew in a deal which will see Wales international Neil Taylor go the other way.

Head coach Paul Clement expects the deal will be concluded on Tuesday with Swansea paying up to £5m - plus Taylor - for the Ghana international.
http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38800257

Swansea getting mugged off.

DBT85

FA Cup draw tonight, really hope the Arsenal get a decent draw at home. Wouldn't mind Middlesbrough.

Do the teams still get a share of the gate in the FA cup?

Part of me hopes both Lincoln and Sutton get each other just to guarantee one gets through, the other hopes they each get United or Arsenal or something just for the gate money at those grounds.

Do the teams still get a share of the gate in the FA cup?

Part of me hopes both Oxford and Sutton get each other just to guarantee one gets through, the other hopes they each get United or Arsenal or something just for the gate money at those grounds.

Yeah they get 45%-45%. If it gets shown on live TV that is where they get the real money.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Get French Football @GFFN
19s
SFR Sport journalist @SaraMenai claims that Chelsea have offered €40m for Celtic striker Moussa Dembélé & that negotiations are ongoing.

lol

24hr

Wenger has to put the same team out what played against Southampton. We just have to go there and get the job done.

Westlo

Sunderland
IN

Darron Gibson (£3.5m, Everton)
Bryan Oviedo (£4m, Everton)
Joleon Lescott (free, AEK Athens)

OUT

Patrick van Aanholt (£14m, Crystal Palace)

Fucking lolz, praise Moyezus

Hopefully he stays up so he can buy Jags and Mirallas next summer.

Bumhead

Banned
Sounds like we are on the verge of signing Rhodes.

For context, he scored 4 goals against us in one match in 2011 and we've been linked with him in literally EVERY transfer window since. It's been fucking agonising. This January's thread about him on our forums is on page 253.

Still don't believe it but I'll fap if it goes through.

Bumhead

Banned
Ulloa ain't worth £7.5m. Sunderland should tell Leicester to screw.

Honestly what does "worth" in football mean anymore.

Sunderland could go down and end up paying more than that for Championship strikers.

Villa are paying £15m for Scott Hogan (after paying over £30m for Kodjia and McCormack in the summer)

David Garrido ‏@SkySportsDavid 32m32 minutes ago

Sky Sources: Sheffield Wednesday & Middlesbrough have agreed a fee of around of £10m for Jordan Rhodes. Player having medical. #SWFC #MFC

@OptaJoe

91 - Jordan Rhodes has scored 91 league goals since August 2012; the most of any player in England's top four tiers. Need.

itshappening.gif

Syder

As a player maybe not. If he can get them a few key goals and keep them up? Worth far more.
Honestly what does "worth" in football mean anymore.

Sunderland could go down and end up paying more than that for Championship strikers.

Villa are paying £15m for Scott Hogan (after paying over £30m for Kodjia and McCormack in the summer)
That's Sunderland's problem. They spend far too much on 'maybes'. Some pay off, like Defoe, but they've been terrible in the transfer market for years.

Empty

moyesy bringing together a rag tag band of ex united and everton mediocrities and jermain defoe to escape relegation is all i want from this season. pls.

David Garrido ‏@SkySportsDavid 32m32 minutes ago

Sky Sources: Sheffield Wednesday & Middlesbrough have agreed a fee of around of £10m for Jordan Rhodes. Player having medical. #SWFC #MFC

@OptaJoe

91 - Jordan Rhodes has scored 91 league goals since August 2012; the most of any player in England's top four tiers. Need.

itshappening.gif

Forever a Championship player.

Championship teams are spending ridiculously this window. Norwich paying Wigan £7m for Wildschut? Mental.

Mind you, it could be worse. They could've signed Steven fucking Taylor for nothing.

DBT85

Since its chelseas title anyway I'll take a Chelsea win. Ain't no matter how many points you win by and every point less for Liverpool is better for United.

Come on Liverpool, I know Chelsea are going to win the league but I'd prefer the north west sides to keep the pressure on Tottenham and Arsenal.

Top Bottom