• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

spidye

questions for german football fans

would ballack have a different standing in german football if he stayed at bayern?

if he wasn't an asshole then maybe.

Eberl would be nice as director although I don't know if he has as much power as he has in gladbach right now and if he would be happy with that position

Jack cw

do we even need a sporting director? I think we need more of a motivator/asshole like Sammer to shake things around.
That is why lahm doesnt make any sense. Eberl is a cunt and he fits perfectly there. He is also from Bayerns youth and a decent manager. Hans Meyer just said on TV that Eberl to Bayern will happen.

@Bla
Ballack will always be remembered as the guy who impregnated Lell's gf.

Blablurn

That is why lahm doesnt make any sense. Eberl is a cunt and he fits perfectly there. He is also from Bayerns youth and a decent manager. Hans Meyer just said on TV that Eberl to Bayern will happen.

@Bla
Ballack will always be remembered as the guy who impregnated Lell's gf.
:lol

and for his forehead

la_briola

When Bayern plays the most unattractive football for half a decade...

Indeed.
Code:
1 Bayern München      49
2 RB Leipzig          42
3 Eintracht Frankfurt 35
4 Borussia Dortmund   34
5 TSG Hoffenheim      34
6 Hertha BSC          33
7 1. FC Köln          32
Fight for Europe is at least kind of exciting.

DBT85

Chelsea dropping points should be exciting but I honestly can't see it making any difference. Though 10 point gap with 39 to play for is still doable if the peasants start revolting again.

Mad that right now 2 points cover 2nd to 6th and 3 points cover 16th to 20th.

Could be the closest run in to the cheap seats for CL in years.

EDIT:

Also, United have now got the most shots at goal in the league this year at 429. We're just 1 shot behind our entire total for last season with 13 games left to go. #MoyesIn

Syder

So if yesterday's result means Liverpool's slump is over I guess Leicester will be in the relegation zone after the next round of games are played.

_94324401_11.png

F34R

Just frustrated that my Reds dropped 14 points to bottom table teams... ugh. Liverpool could be in the top spot right now.

T-Rex.

Banned
Home game, right?
Yeah, but he's generally played well all season tbh. I think our best midfield is definitely one that includes him.

And that's the reason they're not. They'll never win the league with that defence.
The defence is just weird. We've conceded 7 goals in 9 games against the bigger sides, and 3 of those were against your lot at the Emirates. It just doesn't make sense why they consistently shit the bed against the other sides.

OCD Guy

Jesus off injured.

Will be back at Easter.

How do you know when he's back?

I watched Pep's press conference after the match and when asked by a journalist about the extent of the injury Pep himself said he won't know until tomorrow.

Gutted that he came off so soon though. I was really hoping he'd get another goal.

I have to say that Merson's comments really pissed me off recently, when he was trying to be negative about him. "if he's a top player why's he not at Barcelona or Real Madrid". Fuckin hell....

Just wrong on so many levels. Firstly anyone can see that he's got potential, and it's not as though anyone has said he's a top player right now, secondly Barca wanted him and Neymar was trying to convince him to go there, but the phone call from Pep swung him round (this is from Gabriel himself in an interview). To be honest I wouldn't have gone to Barca if I was him either. Why would you? To sit on the bench, maybe get sent on loan, what's the point. The big clubs will come for him if he realises his potential anyway.

Gabriel Barbosa is a perfect example of a young talent that made the wrong choice. He went to Inter and is pretty much just rotting away....

You guys missed out on the wonders of Götze and Depay.

I've been watching the highlights of his games since moving to Lyon and my god he really looks terrible. First touch is awful, and he struggles to get past anyone. He's obviously got talent there deep down, but he's someone with no confidence at all, and he also doesn't look anywhere near as fast as he used to be.

At least he got a goal, so that should help his confidence slightly....

Not if they win the Champions League

True, although that ain't happening, they won't get past Sevilla. Infact I could see every Premiership team failing to get to the next stage.

On another note I often see English people laughing at Ligue 1 saying how shit it is, yet Tottenham really showed up Monaco didn't they? And it's not as though Arsenal put PSG to bed either. Looking forward to PSG vs Barca though. I think that'll be a good game.

Honestly I could see Man City going out, they've looked a little stronger in recent games, and Bravo being benched is working wonders as he's shaky, but they've got John Stones and he's got at least 3 mistakes in him each game lol. People talk about Pogba being a waste, and it seems like Stones has passed under the radar, and I'm not sure why. He's certainly not proved to be a 50million defender. He's young is often the argument for him, but then again so's Pogba, and I can see Pogba being more likely to become World Class than Stones.

I've seen Arsenal fans say that beating Bayern is likely due to their "issues", but I can't see it. Maybe if They decide to turn up, but the likes of Ozil just doesn't seem that interested, and Sanchez isn't going to win the match on his own.

P.S Sorry I ranted, not at you. I just wanted to get a few general points out there :)

As a Man City fan its a bit of a disappointment watching Aguero fall out of favour so harshly but after the game last night he just hasn't got it in him to play that style of football and looked well out of place. If Pep was going to drop the pace on the wings or allow him to just sit up top like in the initial games he'd be fine but as there is no chance he will do that so I see Aguero leaving this summer. He just doesn't have the pace, once Sterling and Sané break at full speed he is still in the other half by the time they are on goal and they are often breaking from deeper than him, KdB seems to be the only midfielder who can keep up and the last person you want arriving late is the striker.

OCD Guy

As a Man City fan its a bit of a disappointment watching Aguero fall out of favour so harshly but after the game last night he just hasn't got it in him to play that style of football and looked well out of place. If Pep was going to drop the pace on the wings or allow him to just sit up top like in the initial games he'd be fine but as there is no chance he will do that so I see Aguero leaving this summer. He just doesn't have the pace, once Sterling and Sané break at full speed he is still in the other half by the time they are on goal and they are often breaking from deeper than him, KdB seems to be the only midfielder who can keep up and the last person you want arriving late is the striker.

I don't think you'll be losing out much in the long run. That's not to say Ageuro isn't good, he's obviously one of the best forwards out there and will have a long list of teams wanting to snap him up, but as you say he just doesn't fit into Pep's system and I don't think he's got the high work rate needed.

I'm wondering who Pep will sign, you obviously have iheanacho who I think could do very well, but he'll obviously want to bring someone else in too, but I can't see it being a big player to sit on the bench, and not sure he'll be looking for a player to replace Jesus in the starting 11. Or maybe he won't bring anyone in at all and use De Bruyne as a false 9 if he's really short due to injury etc

I'm also curious where Aguero would go to. Couldn't see him going to the likes of Barca, as he'd struggle to get in the team there too in my opinion, I could see him returning to Atletico, or even a shock move to Real. Or crazier yet Arsene might sign an extension as manager and then splash the cash on him at Arsenal lol.

OCD Guy

Yeah didn't even think of them. They'll pay whatever City want, give him whatever wages he wants, likely be the top scorer every season too. He'll get infront of Cavani too (even though he's top scorer in Ligue 1 at the minute)

Would be interesting to see if he wants to go to France though....

Syder

Gabriel Jesus suffers broken metatarsal
Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus broke a metatarsal in Monday's 2-0 Premier League win at Bournemouth.
The 19-year-old was taken off in the 15th minute at Vitality Stadium after appearing to pick up the foot injury.
City said in a statement: "He will undergo further examinations in the coming days to establish the extent of his layoff."
The Brazil international, who completed a £27m from Palmeiras in January, has played five times for City.
Jesus was hoping to become the third City player to find the net on each of his first three Premier League starts, having scored at West Ham and two against Swansea. The other two players to have achieved that feat are former striker Emmanuel Adebayor and and current midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.

OCD Guy

Are non-French people and non-Barça fans interested in tonight's game ?

Hell yeah. Free broadcast too so no illegal streams needed. So no real excuse not to watch it. I tend to like watching most matches when I can because I like football (obviously) but there's often players that I like to watch too.

I think it will be a really good match.

Top Bottom